U.S. Ranks 49th in Life Expectancy, First in Health Care Costs

cavanami

Go figure that one out! Highest cost but ranking at 49th...WTF :dunno:

America ranks 49th in life expectancy worldwide, putting it lower than a dozen other developed nations.

However, researchers determined that obesity, traffic accidents and a high murder rate may not be the main causes -- the U.S. didn't stand out as doing any worse in these areas than any of the other countries studied.

Instead, poor health care may be to blame. Factors such as costly specialized and fragmented care are likely playing a large role in the nation's poor performance...

The U.S. health care system is in a downward spiral and showing no indications of slowing down or reversing. I've been warning people about this tragic state of affairs for more than two decades, and now the evidence is becoming even more obvious.

Virtually every measurable index indicates that despite the ever-increasing amounts of money invested, if you live the US, your chances of achieving optimal health through the medical system is only getting worse...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39548799

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/25/us-performance-on-life-expectancy-and-health-care-costs.aspx

What a fcuked up medical system the US has morphed into.

30 years ago, I had my first kidney stone encounter. Emergency room, 3 days in hospital. I think I got two bills. One from hospital and one from doctor - and my co-pay was little.

I have the same health insurance presently. And another kidney stone encounter this year. Admitted only overnight to hospital.

This time I received 18 different medical bills.

The Emergency Room is now privately owned and they send out a bill.

The blood work lab is privately owned and they send out a bill. The lab equipment is owned by another company and they send out a bill.

The X-Ray is privately owned and they send out a bill. The X-Ray equipment is owned by another company and they send out a bill.

The hospital is privately owned and they send out a bill.

The first doctor is part of an Emergency Room group and they send out a bill. The Emergency Room sitting area is owned by another company and they send out a bill. The hospital doctors are part of another private company and they send out a bill.

Then the anesthesiologist is part of another company and they send out a bill.

The urologist is part of another company and they send out a bill.

The hospital bed is owned by another company and they send out a bill. The sheets are provided by another company and they send out a bill. The bed pillow is owned by one company and the pillow case is owned by another company and they each send out a bill.

I used two tissues from the tissue dispenser and I got a bill for those.

And to make matters worser - some of these doctors OWN the X-Ray company or OWN the Lab so these guys are getting paid twice or more.

And then there were the "Consultations" from anonymous doctors - that I never saw. I got a bill from them too.

The list goes on and on and on. And I had to co-pay on each one and quite high at that.

And each company gave me a patient ID number. I have - just for this trip to hospital - 18 different patient ID numbers.

Ya, something is wrong here.

Wow. That's just amazing. I'm truly flabbergasted.

The medical community in the US sounds as corrupt as the police in Thailand--but they've figured a way to do it legally. In addition, the corporate media monopoly has been able to hoodwink the public into believing it's an ok system. Amazing America.

Archived