America's Meanest Airlines

zzzz

According to the SeatGuru survey, United, American Airlines and US Airways are the three worst airlines for meals and rude flight attendants.

Link

It would be my luck that I had to go partly with AA (because of FF miles) for my trip to LOS next month. All of my future trips to LOS using FF miles are with the worst airlines, I'm afraid -- AA, United, British Air, Continental.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the SeatGuru survey, United, American Airlines and US Airways are the three worst airlines for meals and rude flight attendants.

Link

It would be my luck that I had to go partly with AA (because of FF miles) for my trip to LOS next month. All of my future trips to LOS using FF miles are with the worst airlines, I'm afraid -- AA, United, British Air, Continental.

UA is SO bad on so many levels (sorry, OH!) that I avoid it at all costs...and I would *never* fly any US airline to Asia; thankfully, there's no reason to, as there are always much cheaper options (with much better service)..

I did the JAL-American combo both ways once. From Bangkok to Tokyo, you got cute, friendly Asian hostesses (Thai and Nipponese). Then from Tokyo to Dallas, you got big white buffaloes so old you instinctively called them ma'am. On the US end, you got the mooses to Tokyo, followed by the cuties on to Bangkok. What was good about it was that you got the grumpy white gals on the leg you were probably going to be sleeping. The cuties were there to entertain you when you were awake. :D

p.s. Anyone remember PanAm? Nice airline and all, if you didn't mind your bags getting lost or smashed. :p

Should've tried these guys...

Air America, Inc.

Air America, Inc. was at one time the world's largest airline in terms of flying equipment. It was also one of the world's most secret and bravest. Air America flew every possible mission, from routine...

Cav, you never told us you were CIA before. :hmmm:

Ever stay at the Chao Phaya Hotel on Sri Ayutthaya? Or maybe the Liberty in Saphan Kwai?

Ever stay at the Chao Phaya Hotel on Sri Ayutthaya? Or maybe the Liberty in Saphan Kwai?

Air America...probably the worst-kept secret of it's time !!! 5555555555555

My first touch-down in the LOS was 26 Dec 1970; got my "tourist" passport someplace around. Came in on PanAm Flt. 1 and went back out a few days later on PanAm Flt.2. Both were "round the world flights" at the time, landing in BKK about 3x/week. Always good service. Free cigs and stogies to boot ! Only had carry-on, so :dunno: about crushed luggage.

HH

Should've tried these guys...

Air America' date=' Inc.

Air America, Inc. was at one time the world's largest airline in terms of flying equipment. It was also one of the world's most secret and bravest. Air America flew every possible mission, from routine...

[/quote']

I ain't admittin' to nuttin' :neener:

Pan Am's "around the world" flights were great, since I always got a free night's stay either in Hong Kong or Tokyo. Plus they put you up in 5-star hotels. Easy to work in a night's carouse or an early morning shopping trip ... broke up the flight quite nicely.

Except for that baggage thing. :(

p.s. In my Peace Corps days, most people mistook me for CIA. I was young, lean and mean, a VN vet (and still in the inactive reserve), plus I spoke Thai. I had to be a spook. I'd ask them what the hell I was doing "spying" on a town with a major RT Army base, a US advisory group and a nearby clandestine training camp (that everyone knew about), but they'd refuse to believe me. "You CIA nae nawn." Oh, well ... it made me popular with the Thai army.

According to the SeatGuru survey' date=' United, American Airlines and US Airways are the three worst airlines for meals and rude flight attendants.

Link

UA is SO bad on so many levels (sorry, OH!) that I avoid it at all costs...and I would *never* fly any US airline to Asia; thankfully, there's no reason to, as there are always much cheaper options (with much better service)..

Actually UA to BKK is not bad on the 747 if you are able to fly C. The upstairs cabin is staffed by 2 attendents, so sevice is usually pretty decent considering there are so few seats.

Their new C class seat is actually now superior to some of the Asian carries as it is true lie-flat.

Now, i'll agree they are not much to look at unless you have a granny fetish.

Archived