America's Meanest Airlines

zzzz

Flash - saphon kway still good, my father oddly was kept on active reserve until his 50's, from WW2 - no idea why

I flew on a plane, QANTAS (or British Rail after they bought them) to Aus in 98, 40 passengers in a 747 - 20 hosties etc

We ended up in a huge party at the back of the plane most of the way.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saphan Kwai is a Thai bar area now, but there used to be one soi that was all Farang oriented. When I first moved into Bangkok, I used to go there. One night I got picked up by an absolutely gorgeous creature from Chiang Mai - could have (should have) been a cover girl. My Aussie companion was drolling over her and my Yank friend was made as hell that she ignored him. I took her home - a rare freebie - and she was beautiful in Eve's attire, the best looking woman I've ever had my hands on. She told me her life story - she'd started shagging all the boys in school when she was 15 and her father finally gave up and threw her out of the house. (She showed me the scar where he'd whacked her on the head with a meat cleaver!) She decided to combine business with pleasure and headed for the bars. I was sort of relieved to see her go that afternoon, since I'd never been with a nympho before (or since). But she was great fun for one evening.

The bars in that soi shut down maybe 25 years ago. Only expats knew about it and there weren't enough of us them to keep them in business.

Ask Dean Barrett about it. I'm sure he could tell you some tales.

We ended up in a huge party at the back of the plane most of the way.

It was the same way when I worked for TE. Didn't matter that the stews were old and the males were poofs, it was just one big party in the galley.

I used to enjoy the flying in those days more than the destination. Now it's the opposite.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say that I have had a problem with mean flight attendants on any airline. Yes, some seem to be my age, :yikes: but cheerfully provide the, now limited, service available. My complaints are more with getting a seat where I have some hope of arriving without my knee caps falling off. If I fly with UA for work (won't do it any other way), have to go on line the night before and pay $50 to upgrade to economy plus. AA tends to put me in the back end of DC-9s/MD-80s in seats designed for midgets.

On the other hand, I will fly Alaska Airlines anyplace they fly. If they figured out a way to fly a 737-900 across the Pacific, I'd probably chance it. The layovers in Adak and Magadan might be a bit of a hassle.

From my experience I would rate the following..

The former Northwest Air (not so good, but they kept my drink full.

American Airlines (not so good)

United Airlines (cunts and assholes).

Take a look at how NW treated their employees and how UAL currently treats their employees...and then you'll figure the customer means nothing to them...Hope the Merger with Continental helps...

Marriot had a saying "...take good care of the employees, and the business will take care of itself..." Most airline workers, flight crews especially want to do a good job, but all the cuts and crap have made it difficult, and they just feel pissed off and screwed...which shows in the product...

Archived