Nov 5th gathering?

hawaiijohn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Double Black even.

I have a (very) slightly open bottle of JW Gold available also! Any idea what the value of an un-opened JW Gold is?

Cheers!

$300 USD :dunno:

I'll buy a bunch and send em too you for 200 a bottle then Cav. Just poking around online.......numerous sites have a bottle around 70 usd for 750ml.

I'm sure with the wide reaching membership here we can get the current prices at BKK duty free for Nov 2010 updated:

Blue

Gold

Green

Double Black - THB 1,200 (1 liter)

Black

Red

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Walker

Johnnie Walker Swing  supplied in a distinctive bottle whose irregular bottom allows it to rock back and forth. It was Alexander II’s last blend: it features a high proportion of Speyside malts, complemented by malts from the northern Highlands and Islay, and is "almost as sweet as a bourbon."[6]

Red Label  a blend of around 35 grain and malt whiskies. It is intended for making mixed drinks.[7] 80 proof (40% ABV), although it drinks fine on its own, being rather maltier than the other Walker colours.

Black Label  a blend of about 40 whiskies, each aged at least 12 years. 80 proof (40% ABV).

Johnnie Walker Swing

Gold Label  a blend of over 15 single malts. It was derived from Alexander II's blending notes for a whisky to commemorate Johnnie Walker's centenary. His original efforts were thwarted by a shortage of these malts following World War I. Gold Label is commonly bottled at 15 or 18 years.80 proof (40% ABV).

Johnnie Walker Green Label

Green Label  a rich blend using only four malts "drawn from the four corners of Scotland" – the intent of the blend is to deliver depth, substance and intensity. Each of the malts is selected by the blender for balance. Each malt whisky is matured for a minimum of 15 years.

Blue Label  Johnnie Walker's premium blend. Every bottle is serial numbered and sold in a silk-lined box, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity. There is no age declaration for Blue Label. 80 proof (40% ABV). It is one of the most expensive blended Scotches on the market, fetching prices upwards of $200 a bottle.

Archived