Real Dutch mayonaisse in Bangkok!

waerth

For the mayonnaise lovers amongst us, great news.

For the past 2 months Foodland and Villa Supermarket have been selling Remia Mayonnaise and Remia Mayo lite for 90-100 baht for a 500 ml bottle.

It is not Calve, but it definitely is a 10000000% improvement on any other mayonnaise wannabees for sale here. It is nice and creamy smooth mayonnaise like mayonnaise is supposed to be!

Also Villa Market sells Aviko Frites from the Netherlands for 90-100 baht for a 1KG bag depending on the branch.

Yes need to fry them yourself.

Robinson had a good deepfrier on sale a few weeks ago for 1200 baht which I bought. Very good model exactly the same as my parents have in Holland! Works perfectly, Fries come out beautiful gold brown :)

Frying Thai style doesn't work with Fries. Can never get the temperature quite right. Which results to Fries with so much oil in them it tastes like shit. The deep frier makes it just perfect :)

Nope all I need now is a steady supply of Kroketten, Frikandellen and Bitterballen which someone in Hua Hin makes of decent quality. The only thing is I would have to order so much that it would never fit in my fridge :( At least 100 pieces ....

W

Archived