2 day over stay?

Lusty

Haven't left the Country for a couple of years.

First day overstay is not charged ( I think) then it's 500 Baht per day to max. of 20,000 Baht

1 or 2 days is no big deal when you are leaving the Country....they just cart you off to a small Office when you go through Immigration. You pay the appropriate fee....they stamp your Passport ( No on going dramas with that) and you leave.

Where you can run into Big dramas...is if anything happened involving the Police during that 2 day window

Eg. Ur in a Taxi....accident...Police called

If anything happens that causes your Passport to be checked....Bingo....you are not legal .... =Monkey House

If you are staying in Pattaya....just go to Immigration in Jomtiem Soi 5.....easy and smooth operation there

Cost...(I think about 1900 Baht)

Either way works....and in the past I've done both

On reflection, I think the extra 1400 Baht is good Insurance

Cheers DS

DS has better info than the thread I linked has. I thought that thread had some info in it but really isn't very helpful.

The only thing I can add to DS's post is that you aren't carted off to an office. You just proceed to a desk (which is right out in the open and can be somewhat embarassing) about 50 meters after passport control and a supervisor will do his thing, stamp you out with an extra overstay stamp and write you a receipt, if requested. I assume if you don't request one, he will put the money in the appropriate location as there is no record then. Either way, I suppose, it's of no consequence to the overstayer but I asked for a receipt.

Whilst it is easy and cheap to pay the overstay please remember it is illegal to overstay. You get a "black mark" on your record.

If you want to get an extension then, I believe, you can only do so on a tourist visa rather than the 30 day on arrival which is not really a visa.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It may well have changed recently but many many years ago I did get a 7 day extension on a 30 day stamp.

Simie.

We went to the Immigration office in Jomtein to get a weeks extension.

What a pain in the arse and very slow!

1900bht for the stamp but next time I'll do the visa run for 2100bht.

And least you get a day out and not stuck in a crowded office for half a day! :cussing:

Archived