I Couldn't Handle Living Here...

expat

WTF? It's this recurring theme from people I used to work with in Bangkok. They say "I can handle a week, but more than that I can't imagine."

I've been here years, yet no negative effects. :D

Bangkok has turned into a rich punter's playground? Pattaya is where the original nanaplaza/thai360 punter must go nowadays to experience the 'nanaplaza' experience (relatively non-mercenary sexual experiences at a reasonable price)?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect, a "true" original nanplaza/thai360 punter can do it and do it well in Bangkok or any other place in Thailand, quickly separating the good from the bad and spending their baht appropriately.

It is with western, mainly American, women that they become basket cases.

With obese western women, enraged basket cases.

I guess it depends upon for what you are searching: the cheapest third-world pussy as the end-all-be-all to their existence, or a decent all-around lifestyle simply not available in the West (be it because of price, availability or whatever).

If the former, then obviously they are correct. If not, then they are just clueless.

I, myself, am in the later group and actually try *very hard* to avoid the former group folks (boring and embarrassing, IMHO). But that's just me. YMMV.

Jumps in... looks over left shoulder for nearest exit... furitive glance at the hat rack.. just in case..

Was wondering why the topic title was in "Nightlife' of all places, then trying to figure out what the OP was getting at (thought it was the culture and other 'Thainess' type things driving people round the bend) only to figure out after five posts its about getting your rocks off on the cheap. :cover:

Sigh. I'm with LK on this, an all-round affordable lifestyle, but will add 'with certain acceptable norms that would be frowned upon or be unacceptable from where we come from' to the list. :chili:

Was at Bradman's for lunch earlier today, need to show up at another meet. Unfortunately Fridays at that Mexican place is on the wrong day of the week for me.

I'll get my hat now. :dunce: No sombrero smilies, KS?

Getting back to the OP's post

I have stated here before, that up until recently I was a 100% Bkk man. This from someone who (a) visited here VERY regularly for more than 20 years...(B) has lived here (Upcountry) for the past 2 years....and © got bored shitless with Patts after 3 or 4 days....

Thanks to my good friend K. expat, my eyes have been opened....and I've discovered a whole new world.....one that I never knew existed.....

Fer farrrk's sake.....there's even a Beach there.....never seen it before....LOL

But seriously.... 20 mins drive South....and the Dining is superb.....and MOST inexpensive.....

Before "Dark O'clock"....Patts leaves Bkk soooo far behind it's not funny....(IMHO...of course)

Bkk has the offerings of....

Soi 4...... :shakehead:barf::shakehead

Soi 7 Beer Garden .......(which over the past couple of years has offered some Diamonds in the rough)

Patpong... (repeat Soi 4 comments)

...and WS.... but to be honest...every visit there over the past year or so....leaves me wondering....WHY???

(with maybe 1 exception....LOL)

From 1pm on....Patts rocks....if you know where to go......

K. expat took me to places I've never heard of....or been to...

But with absolutely NO exageration.....we were drinking in a Bar at 1.30pm....that had prolly 25 girls....all of which could have walked into ANY Soi Cowboy Bar tomorrow.....well except for the one sitting with K. expat..... :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

...but wadda ya expect for 125 Baht......(LT)

Lizzie....take off ur "blinkers"....and give it a try

I will guarantee that after 2 days you will change your mind totally....

expat, Ikky & ...The DC ....had a ball

Like you in Bkk....it's just about acquiring...."local knowledge"...

....and Trust me Bro....these 2 "Lads" have HEAPS

I have seen the light.....

.....Praise the...."Dodgy Bros".....

Getting back to the OP's post

I have stated here before, that up until recently I was a 100% Bkk man. This from someone who (a) visited here VERY regularly for more than 20 years...(B) has lived here (Upcountry) for the past 2 years....and © got bored shitless with Patts after 3 or 4 days....

Thanks to my good friend K. expat, my eyes have been opened....and I've discovered a whole new world.....one that I never knew existed.....

Fer farrrk's sake.....there's even a Beach there.....never seen it before....LOL

But seriously.... 20 mins drive South....and the Dining is superb.....and MOST inexpensive.....

Before "Dark O'clock"....Patts leaves Bkk soooo far behind it's not funny....(IMHO...of course)

Bkk has the offerings of....

Soi 4...... :shakehead:barf::shakehead

Soi 7 Beer Garden .......(which over the past couple of years has offered some Diamonds in the rough)

Patpong... (repeat Soi 4 comments)

...and WS.... but to be honest...every visit there over the past year or so....leaves me wondering....WHY???

(with maybe 1 exception....LOL)

From 1pm on....Patts rocks....if you know where to go......

K. expat took me to places I've never heard of....or been to...

But with absolutely NO exageration.....we were drinking in a Bar at 1.30pm....that had prolly 25 girls....all of which could have walked into ANY Soi Cowboy Bar tomorrow.....well except for the one sitting with K. expat..... :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

...but wadda ya expect for 125 Baht......(LT)

Lizzie....take off ur "blinkers"....and give it a try

I will guarantee that after 2 days you will change your mind totally....

expat, Ikky & ...The DC ....had a ball

Like you in Bkk....it's just about acquiring...."local knowledge"...

....and Trust me Bro....these 2 "Lads" have HEAPS

I have seen the light.....

.....Praise the...."Dodgy Bros".....

Let's get these two boys to the Friday night chit-chat at Cabos and we can take off for new adventures!

Archived