fast HIV test using saliva? where to get?

eee

Hi guys. Just read here from somebody that you can actually purchase a HIV test kit there in LOS.Where to get them and how much do they cost?I believe they are saliva based testing kit. thanx chok dii eee p.s. How long do they usually take for the result?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ones we had even said on the box "75% accuracy rate."

If you dont have the balls to go to a Dr to see if you might be dying.... or worse, killing other people.

Before we sailed into the "red zone" (Iraq, etc) we were first given the HIV quick test and if we passed they gave us an inoculation to prevent anthrax...they never mentioned a 75% accuracy rate...think we were given the same test? this was in 2003 or so...

The ones we had even said on the box "75% accuracy rate."

If you dont have the balls to go to a Dr to see if you might be dying.... or worse' date=' killing other people.[/quote']

Before we sailed into the "red zone" (Iraq, etc) we were first given the HIV quick test and if we passed they gave us an inoculation to prevent anthrax...they never mentioned a 75% accuracy rate...think we were given the same test? this was in 2003 or so...

Ones I had were from last year. The little booklet even said retest in case of a positive and then go to the Dr for a real test! I thought it was a funny way to up their sales.

This is the only one you can buy in the US:

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/HIVHomeTestKits/ucm126460.htm

Found it! This was the one we played with. Dont trust it!

http://www.oraquickhivtestkit.com/pp/

They took blood from us and had the results in about an hour or so.

They shot me for anthrax, so I must have tested negative. :dunno:

The Chief Engineer was taking some meds and could not get the anthrax shot so he got unloaded in Greece. Bummer for him and us, as he was a good Chief!

eee,

Not flaming you in any way, but there is a bigger issue here that I think people are missing.

Let's say you take a girl back to your room and give her the test. If she's positive, in all honesty, what are you going to *DO*? :dunno:

Just kick her out and say "sorry - can't sleep with you because you're HIV positive?"

Thais being Thais, rather than looking at the situation rationally, (and realising that the majority of people with HIV lead normal lives with normal lifespans now with the medications available), the girl could be just as likely to go and kill herself as soon as she leaves your room. Or do something almost as damaging.

Counselling and advice are also a very important part of the HIV testing process - it's not all about the result itself.

These HIV test kits are good for a "quick result" but do nothing for any of the psychological issues associated with testing positive for HIV.

And what is she's negative? Does that mean its ok to bareback her? What if she gets pregnant? The customer probably wouldn't know about it if he's just there for a couple of weeks holiday, but the girl still has to deal with it. What about other STD's that can be passed from you to her and her to you? For me, CONDOMS = MUTUAL RESPECT.

As I said, not a flame to you, but just a post to try and make people think a little bit about "the big picture" before using these things.

Far better to use a condom and play it safe. For HIV testing, far better to go to a qualified medical facility IMO.

Archived