Patters - December

Night_Rider

Well my last thread deteriorated into rants on the value of unionism in free markets and the differences between men and women seeking P4P so I decided another thread was in order.

Actually the last one was productive in that despite the plunge of my native currency I have a ticket for BKK arriving December 8 and returning December 25. So some mundane questions that will bore you to tears.

1. What's the current thoughts on best transport from Swampypoon to Patters on a midnight arrival? Best to overnight and take the express in the morning?

2. Lodging? Last trip stayed at Honey Lodge. Not impressed. Just need cheap and clean. I'm a basic kind of guy. Ok I'm cheap. Secrets?

3. Last trip hauled ass to Koh Lanta. Not doing that again. Looking for a quiet eastern seaboard island to retreat to with a teeruk.

4. Speaking of the GFE I'm lousy at finding it. Best experience last visit was Sabbai Dee Massage. Will be back for that soapy experience. Tend to go too young and get starfish. What do you recommend for a quiet GFE to takeaway for a week on the beach? Beer bars? Avoid Go go? Chat 'em up online and meet there? Yes, this is a pathetic question. Fire at will.

5. Thinking of visiting Myanmar now that Suu Kyi is released. Thoughts? Experiences?

As always I appreciate the answers from old hands.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. What's the current thoughts on best transport from Swampypoon to Patters on a midnight arrival? Best to overnight and take the express in the morning?

2. Lodging? Last trip stayed at Honey Lodge. Not impressed. Just need cheap and clean. I'm a basic kind of guy. Ok I'm cheap. Secrets?

3. Last trip hauled ass to Koh Lanta. Not doing that again. Looking for a quiet eastern seaboard island to retreat to with a teeruk.

4. Speaking of the GFE I'm lousy at finding it. Best experience last visit was Sabbai Dee Massage. Will be back for that soapy experience. Tend to go too young and get starfish. What do you recommend for a quiet GFE to takeaway for a week on the beach? Beer bars? Avoid Go go? Chat 'em up online and meet there? Yes, this is a pathetic question. Fire at will.

5. Thinking of visiting Myanmar now that Suu Kyi is released. Thoughts? Experiences?

1. Nah - just get off the plane and get down there. Once you're there, you're there.

Either get a normal TAXI METER (not that they'll use the meter for a trip of that length) and it should be 1200 baht or so, including tolls, after you negotiate for a bit. I have use Mr T's taxi service before and he's very good and very reliable. If you Google "Mr T Taxi Pattaya" you'll see his details come up. You can book online before you arrive. Well worth it after a very long flight.

2. Yes, Secrets accommodation isn't bad. If you just need "cheap and clean" there are many hotels on 2nd Road (such as Lek Hotel, Apex Hotel) that are in this category - as long as you don't confuse "old" with "dirty". Sawasdee Hotel Group has a few hotels in Pattaya and would also fall into this category and they have a website.

Sawasdee Hotels

3. Take a teeruk to Ko Samet, the closest "nice" island to Pattaya, or Ko Chang, which a probably a nicer island but further away - it's neat the Cambodian border. Again, check the internet or a guidebook for info on these place, but both suitable to take a teeruk too. Advice: BOOK!!!

December is peak season and gets very busy in these places!

(Not a flame at you, just an observation: Always makes me chuckle how guys take a girl away to somewhere with a beach when 98% of girls hate lying in the sun getting dark skin and don't even know how to swim, but hey - not my place to judge. I'd take them up to Chiang Mai or somewhere like that instead, but that's just me).

4. Hard to say where to get the GFE. YMMV. Can be hit-and-miss depending on where you go. If you take a girl out of Sabai Dee Massage or one of the gogo bars, then of course you are going to have to pay a bar-fine every day (probably 600 baht per day or more) and then pay for the girl on a per day basis. She's probably going to want 2000 baht per day being a massage or gogo girl. Remember that as nice as a "holiday" might sound, she's still working when she goes away with you and you're taking her away during the high season so she'll want to be compensated accordingly.

You've only got 2 weeks to find someone online to go with you, but you might be able to do it. Whilst there are some "working girls" to be found online, most are more "regular" girls and probably wouldn't want to bunk off with some farang they've only chatted to on the internet, but you never know. Exceptions occur of course.

Far better chance of finding the GFE in the beer bars around Walking Street and the 2nd Road and smaller massage shops that line the 2nd road in Pattaya - that's where I'd look. There really are some "diamonds in the rough" in Pattaya's beer bars. The bar fines are generally lower and the girls will probably expect a lower daily amount. You could get a beer bar girl to go away with you for about 1000 baht a day if you find the right girl. As with anything in Asia, a bit of negotiation is in order of course.

5. Not going to open that messy can of worms! Someone else will have to answer.

Hope the rest helps you somewhat. Good luck.

Sure X-Pat :)

Hit me with a PM and I'll bring over what I can for you. Providing I can find any "US" stuff you want here in Oz.

BTW - I live in Sydney and we don't have COSTCO here yet, but there are other options.

Hit me up with what you need, good man!

:beer:

Oops, used quick reply. Costco is in the US as I assume Night_Rider is (who the message was meant for). Anyhoots, I'll send you a pm after this, but I thought you were going to Bkk first, so a ride to Patters from the airport would be out of the picture, no?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty comfortable headed into BKK without solid plans but I would like to figure out where to stay in Pattaya and whether you think I need to call ahead. Normally I travel in Sept/Oct and March so I've never visited at high season. A clean, cheap place is all I need.

Moo Noi's most excellent post (long overdue thanks) suggests :

Secrets

Lek

Apex

Sawasdee (stayed in their Koh San and Soi Nana properties in BKK)

others? votes?

Well my last thread deteriorated into rants on the value of unionism in free markets and the differences between men and women seeking P4P so I decided another thread was in order.

Actually the last one was productive in that despite the plunge of my native currency I have a ticket for BKK arriving December 8 and returning December 25. So some mundane questions that will bore you to tears.

As always I appreciate the answers from old hands.

Mr T's is an excellent service...i arrived in swampy at about 11pm and was in patts within 30 mins...driver was a complete pyscho but i was happy with that after such a long flight...

You can read my last weekends GFE experience here: Link

My experience: When I am desperately looking for it I won't find it. When I am relaxed and go with the flow it might happen.

[color:red]First rule:[/color] don't go for the stunners. Watch their faces. I avoid girls with a hardened look and an ultra professional behavior.

[color:red]Second rule:[/color] let the girl choose you

[color:red]Third rule:[/color] You'll need to offer more than cash, i.e. positive vibrations. Be interested in her, have dinner together, play pool, whatever. Try to find out what she likes or what she doesn't like at all (which I find in the beginning difficult to find out, because it's usually being deflected by "up to you".)

I am always surprised how small compliments, some interest in her life, a side trip (like cinema) outside the P4P area, can make a girl become more open.

My experience: When I am desperately looking for it I won't find it. When I am relaxed and go with the flow it might happen.

[color:red]First rule:[/color] don't go for the stunners. Watch their faces. I avoid girls with a hardened look and an ultra professional behavior.

[color:red]Second rule:[/color] let the girl choose you

[color:red]Third rule:[/color] You'll need to offer more than cash, i.e. positive vibrations. Be interested in her, have dinner together, play pool, whatever. Try to find out what she likes or what she doesn't like at all (which I find in the beginning difficult to find out, because it's usually being deflected by "up to you".)

I am always surprised how small compliments, some interest in her life, a side trip (like cinema) outside the P4P area, can make a girl become more open.

I think your rules are spot on, this is about all you can do. It is still no guarantee for a GFE, though.

Archived