Patters - December

Night_Rider

Thanks for all your posts.

@encore - Have sent email to Opey De Place for current pricing/availability

@doris day - I keep hearing good things about Mr. Ts

@kamui - great post. Not a big drinker but think I'll need to spend more time in the beer bars. Perhaps that's my error.

On accommodation, seems they all have price increases Dec 16. Also a further question... I stayed at Honey Lodge last time due to it's proximity to Walking Street. Am I understanding from your posts and the Robaus' guide that I should be concentrating on something around 2nd road? Secrets is right in the heart of it. Wondered if too close?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poked around a bit more. Got a recommendation from Stickman for Pattaya Bay Resort but could not stomach the price especially with the dollar exchange rate.

Lek Hotel seems to be well priced, well located. The pool and buffet appear to make it good value. Their web site is crap and their email addresses bounce. That's a good sign for a good value I think.

Comments? Guess I'll give them a call.

My experience: When I am desperately looking for it I won't find it. When I am relaxed and go with the flow it might happen.

[color:red]First rule:[/color] don't go for the stunners. Watch their faces. I avoid girls with a hardened look and an ultra professional behavior.

[color:red]Second rule:[/color] let the girl choose you

[color:red]Third rule:[/color] You'll need to offer more than cash, i.e. positive vibrations. Be interested in her, have dinner together, play pool, whatever. Try to find out what she likes or what she doesn't like at all (which I find in the beginning difficult to find out, because it's usually being deflected by "up to you".)

I am always surprised how small compliments, some interest in her life, a side trip (like cinema) outside the P4P area, can make a girl become more open.

I think your rules are spot on, this is about all you can do. It is still no guarantee for a GFE, though.

Yep, you'll need to be lucky. This time it happened on my real first night out. On a previous trip it didn't happen at all...

@kamui - great post. Not a big drinker but think I'll need to spend more time in the beer bars. Perhaps that's my error.

Becoming too drunk won't help at all. Last Sunday I had just 3-4 beer during the whole evening.

Becoming too drunk won't help at all. Last Sunday I had just 3-4 beer during the whole evening.

LOL Well my point was that I should spend more time in the beer bars to improve my chances of GFE NOT that I'd become a drunkard. I avoid the beer bars BECAUSE I'm not a big drinker. I'll spend some more time with the Connect Four crowd and maintain my own 3-4 a night.

Lek Hotel seems to be well priced, well located. The pool and buffet appear to make it good value. Their web site is crap and their email addresses bounce. That's a good sign for a good value I think.

quote]

I've stayed at the Lek twice. It's ok. Try to get a "new" room; that is, on the back side of the hotel. Front desk will ask for ID from any "guests", but no problem. Good, central location. I'd stay there again if I was desperate enough to visit Pattaya again. 555555555 Haven't been there in 3 or 4 years, so don't know the condition of the rooms now. Didn't try the buffet; mixed reviews on that one.

HH

Mr T's is an excellent service...i arrived in swampy at about 11pm and was in patts within 30 mins...driver was a complete pyscho but i was happy with that after such a long flight...

Wow within 30 mins was he driving or flying :question: :question: my exp., even at that time once you enter pty it takes 30 min to your hotel around the beach road, :banghead::banghead: with all the night traffic... :elephant::elephant:

cheers

I also recommend Mr T

Never ever let me or my friends down over many many trips. He'll take you (door to door) to airport or meet you with name on board (plus carpark fee 40/50b depends on how delayed your flight is). Last trip my flight was on time and I paid 1000 baht, plus I gave him 100 baht tip.

His office is halfway down Soi Diana Inn opposite Areca Lodge

Office 038 720318

Mobile 01 2587716

Fax 66 38 720318

mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com don't forget the underscore mr_ttaxi

It's as well to send a confirmation email/SMS/phone call as a follow up to your reservation if you haven't used him before, just to let him know your flight is on time/schedule etc

Don't let him down. He's a good man. Sometimes his pretty niece drives - she can burn off any traffic cop who tries to flag her down for tea money!

re Lodging..

A mate of mine always stays in Sabai Inn on Soi 2, North Pattaya

Reasonable rates, nice rooms, wifi, swim pool etc. can book online. I think booking for 2 people is same as for one. So collect 2 breakfast vouchers to include your teeruk for brekky.

There's quite a lot of action right on your doorstep for an instant takeaway or a soapy massage.

About one in five taxis coming from S Pattaya turn left opposite Big C down Soi 2 and along Beach Rd so you more or less get door to door taxi service for 10 baht.

:beer:

Archived