Patters - December

Night_Rider

Night_Rider,

please let us know your Koh Chang adventures, where you stayed etc.

I've received a series of text messages from Night_Rider, so I thought I'd let you guys know what's going on. He can't get on Thai360 to post because little village he's staying at has no restaurants, let alone internet cafes.

It appears that he believes he has found his true love. He loves village life and apparently his girl's family really likes him. He had a problem with one of the uncles, but apparently that has been sorted out.

So, now he's thinking of ways to be able to live over here full time. By the way, I told him to be really careful about becoming a walking wallet, but he insists it's true lurve and money is not a problem.

Well, that warning was apparently not enough. It seems like Mrs. Night_Rider's family is already making plans to build a new family home. Night_Rider insists it was his own suggestion, but I find that hard to believe. My last couple of messages to him insisting he return to Pattaya have been ignored. I'm getting a bit worried.

Disclaimer: The above post is entirely fiction and has been provided for entertainment purposes as we while away the time waiting to hear the true story from our fellow boardmember Night_Rider upon his return from the depths of Issan. Feel free to add sordid details below.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disclaimer: The above post is entirely fiction and has been provided for entertainment purposes as we while away the time waiting to hear the true story from our fellow boardmember Night_Rider upon his return from the depths of Issan. Feel free to add sordid details below.

Sheesh... you had me going there for a while, Exy!

Let's hope what you wrote hasn't actually come true. Although it has for many in the past! I guess that's what made it so believable until I read your last paragraph! :doah::help:

Well at least I didn't join the club of flying farang leaping from tall buildings in Pattaya.

Night_Rider' date='

please let us know your Koh Chang adventures, where you stayed etc.[/quote']

I've received a series of text messages from Night_Rider, so I thought I'd let you guys know what's going on. He can't get on Thai360 to post because little village he's staying at has no restaurants, let alone internet cafes.

It appears that he believes he has found his true love. He loves village life and apparently his girl's family really likes him. He had a problem with one of the uncles, but apparently that has been sorted out.

So, now he's thinking of ways to be able to live over here full time. By the way, I told him to be really careful about becoming a walking wallet, but he insists it's true lurve and money is not a problem.

Well, that warning was apparently not enough. It seems like Mrs. Night_Rider's family is already making plans to build a new family home. Night_Rider insists it was his own suggestion, but I find that hard to believe. My last couple of messages to him insisting he return to Pattaya have been ignored. I'm getting a bit worried.

I've returned from Koh Chang to Pattaya for the next few days. Probably head for Bangkok on the 23rd. Dinner with the ex-fiance on the 24th and early morning flight back to the snow and ice on Xmas day.

Some notes from GFE in Koh Chang:

Economics:

Paid the full barfine of 600B per night. Was going to try to negotiate with mamasan but Baby Dolls was hopping and it just wasn't going to happen. Mai bpen rai.

Paid the girl 6000B for the 6 days. Got a wai and a nod so I think that was fine. Advance 2000B for mama as a component of the 6000B.

GFE

Good experience. If I had to give it a grade I'd give it a 'B'. Girl was jai dee. Very sweet. I'm pleased with the advance over my last experience.

Negatives were mostly her age. One of the components of the GFE I most appreciate is the care she gives. The sniff kisses. Soft caresses. They provide the cosmetics that allow you to temporarily gloss over the true nature of the relationship. She wasn't very good with this aspect and I attribute that mostly to her age. Nothing hard or callous. Just a lack of refinement in this one area.

The sex was good; especially for me. One of the negatives I have about short-time in Pattaya is that it's a particularly night time activity but my preference is for the morning. Having her full time allowed for wonderful morning's. She slept nude and we'd spoon all night a waken to enjoy each other's touch.

The other positives, I guess, were that I haven't seen a condom for a week. Argue the merits if you will but that boat has sailed. I just enjoyed the passage.

The only negatives on this front were that she had her period while on Koh Chang. Not an issue for me but she did have some cramps one day and waived off intimacy. I understood.

Also felt there may have been a counter running in her head. Maybe my imagination.

She did avoid the beach, swimming about 5 minutes the entire time we were there. As an American this fixation on skin color is exceptionally disturbing but I've come to accept it. I remember the first Thai movie I attended that showed a Proctor & Gamble, a hometown company, skin whitening product. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

She also slept a LOT. This usually coincided with me laying out on the beach so it was not an issue but I think, and she mentioned the same, that it's a big transition for her going from a night work schedule to these days.

The only strong negative I had the whole time was last night. I picked up a head cold our last day in Koh Chang. The pharmacies were closed when we left so I suffered the mini-bus ride back. We arrived back in Pattaya about 5pm but I paid the barfine for tonight so she didn't have to work. On return to went back to her apartment to check on her rabbit, shower, sleep, etc. I grabbed some meds and got some sleep. She showed at the hotel about 10:30pm and only stayed an hour. I told her I wanted her to stay the night but she has a friend who also works at Baby Dolls that stays with her and is also sick. I thought she should have remained with me. Again mai bpen rai.

I don't have any intentions of barfining her tonight. I'm going to let her return to work when she calls and butterfly the rest of my trip. I think she'll be fine with this though it may be a shock to her system to go back to working night's.

Overall would definitely do it again. Economics were a bit on the high side for comfort. Still need to heed the board's advice and learn to pull from the beer bar's for a better return on value. Probably hit some new gogo's tonight or Soi 6.

Koh Chang

Stayed at Kae Bae Beach Bungalow's at the suggestion of Ian of www.iamkohchang.com. Not sure if anyone here reads the boards at ajarn.com but Ian was the prior owner before selling to Bangkok Phil. He bought a little resort on Koh Chang and maintains a great web site on the island.

Kae Pae Beach Bungalow's high season rate for a 'Garden view' was 1300B. Very nice bungalow's. The day we arrived was my birthday so I splurged just a little. Bath, hot/cold water, double-bed, TV, satellite and fan. The bungalow had air-con but for them to trip the breaker was another 1000B. Fan is just fine for me. She gently protested at first but after the first night I'd convinced her that no air-con on the beach is not the same as Pattaya. She slept under the covers even with a fan.

Kae Bae has changed a LOT. My last visit was 10 years ago and the quality and number of bungalow's have increased dramatically.

Travelling to we took a regular bus to Trat then Laem Ngop. Ferry to Koh Chang and songtow to the beach. On return we got an offer for a VIP mini-bus to Pattaya for 300B and took it. Air-con, nice leather seats and a driver that drove like a bat out of hell. Saw Pattaya in 3-4 hours.

Long post but left out so much. Happy to answer any questions.

She did avoid the beach, swimming about 5 minutes the entire time we were there. As an American this fixation on skin color is exceptionally disturbing but I've come to accept it. I remember the first Thai movie I attended that showed a Proctor & Gamble, a hometown company, skin whitening product. I nearly jumped out of my seat.

She also slept a LOT. This usually coincided with me laying out on the beach so it was not an issue but I think, and she mentioned the same, that it's a big transition for her going from a night work schedule to these days.

I had the same experience during my fist trip to LOS when I took a BG to Ko Samui.

The first 2-3 days she slept a lot. And she only went to beach at sun set, but then she enjoyed the sea very much.

NR, thanks for an excellent/detailed review.

A few months ago (low season) we stayed at Anaa resort on Klong Praow beach (1500b). Marvelous site, huge garden, unmaintained wooden walkways, huge wooden balcony, again all the woods in poor condition, excellent but pricy restaurant, we found an excellent seafood restaurant on the road to Kai Bae, free kayaks (5 minutes peddling) to the beach. Problem in general I found driving aroun Koh Chang is little or no access to the beaches.

We might return, but not to Anaa resort.

Ah, and the GF experience, I am lucky to have/bring my own, 9 years lasting GFE :drool:

Archived