Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

So how far do you think the Federal government should go to intrude into people's lives? Should the Secretary of Health require that any welfare recipient who already has two kids have their tubes cut? Makes more sense to me than making cars more expensive and invading another right of a State to decide issues like this.

Once again, the libtards' motos "I'm ok, your ok" and "if it feels good, do it" only apply to what they think is "ok" and "good". Fucking jerks.

HH (hoping that somebody in D.C. follows LaHood around and films him talking on his cell phone while driving. :content: )

HH

• Like 1

Perv...I think it's high time that those of us from the US authenticate our arrogance and "don't give a fuck what others think" attitude and demand our own sub-forum. Further, demand that it be a "USA members-only" deal, so we can gossip about the others...and hope that Wikileaks doesn't publish our rants for others to view.

:up:

HH I couldn't agree more....maybe put it in the Social Issues section...... :cover:

So how should this device work if one NEEDS to use the cell phone in the car, and can't pull over? Such as reporting a crime, hazard, a break down etc...Many times I have had to use my phone while driving, once I was following a dangerous driver who later turned out to be drunk...I was driving while talking to the highway patrol...Should there be exceptions? who gets to decide what those exceptions are, and how will it all work?

To my knowledge, cell phone jammers, if that is what you were talking about, are illegal in most places.

HH I couldn't agree more....maybe put it in the Social Issues section...... :cover:

If you are referring to the "Relationships" sub-formum, I emphatically reject that suggestion. That sub-forum is for lamers who possess the need to bare their grief suffered as a result of bargirl relationships that go south. In contrast, a U.S.A. forum would discuss only the most serious matters with genuine national and international implications for all U.S. citizens...like, er, uh, cell-phone-jamming devices installed in automobiles and outlawing toys being included with McDonald's Happy Meals.

HH

[color:red]So how should this device work if one NEEDS to use the cell phone in the car,[/color] and can't pull over? Such as reporting a crime, hazard, a break down etc...Many times I have had to use my phone while driving, once I was following a dangerous driver who later turned out to be drunk...I was driving while talking to the highway patrol...Should there be exceptions? who gets to decide what those exceptions are, and how will it all work?

To my knowledge, cell phone jammers, if that is what you were talking about, are illegal in most places.

If the ignition switch is in the 'OFF' position, the low level cell phone jammer would not be working.

Once again, you over simplify things...almost as lame as someone petty thief being blackmailed into becoming a terrorist but I digress...so let me try to explain this...you are driving down the road, you need to call the police to report crap in the road that can/will cause an accident, you cannot pull over and shut the car off...or you need to call and report a dangerous driver etc...again, you cannot pull over, or, as I stated before, I was following a dangerous driver and talking to the police until they could intercept her...again, not able to shut the car off. And what about one of the passengers using a cell phone in the car?

You see, things are not always so simple and practical, there are times, very rare thankfully, when your solution simply will not work. Don't get me wrong, cell phone talkers in cars piss me off, and they should be hard slapped for it. But your proposal is just simply impracticable.

I agree with you.

Here in Arizona you can drive a motorcycle without a helmet. Most drivers of motorcycles in Arizona who die in an accident might have survived if they were wearing a helmet.

But then...

Some idiots can not drive while texting and/or on a cell phone. Some of these idiots cause accidents. So what are some possible solutions?

I read a report from ABATE or some biker advocate group about helmits...something about how they had less people killed by head injuries, but the number of deaths from neck injuries went up...in short, the law made no difference.

Solutions to the cell phone driver? there is none, except when you catch them, you fry them, I mean massive fines...get the cell phone number/phone, get the call record and prove they were on the phone at the time...and really fine the shit out of them, take their license, same as a drunk driver...triple the penalty + jail if there is an accident.

Years back, I worked in Texas, the law allowed you to drink beer while driving. However, if you were in an accident, and had an open container, the penalty was far greater than if you did not have an open container...the drunk driving laws were tougher as well...in short "...this is a privilidge, don't fuck it up..." Regan and the highway bill killed that as well as other freedoms we had...