Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Isn't that the bases of several lawsuits? Of course I doubt we will ever see a resolution to that, and oddly the Ronnie lovers seem to forget this incident and the whole Iran Contra mess. Tip O'Neil had old Ron by the balls and rather than impeach him, he made him his bitch. History should not be so kind to old Ronnie...wonder if his psychic warned him about any of this...what a shit bag, I can't believe he is #2...full of #2 yes. Second worst of our time, after Bush 2.

Kennedy...many say had he not been killed, he would have not won a second term, or be remembered so fondly.

My first real job (mailboy) I had a Cuban immigrant (refugee?) as a supervisor. She was pretty, bright, hilarious, and about as socially liberal as they come. She enjoyed my tales of drugs and debauchery that I got up to the night before when I came to work. She was almost like a second mom to me.

However...in her office were portraits of RR. She idolized the guy, and any dissention would likely cost me my measly job. I quickly learned not to broach the subject of politics with naturalized Cubans at that point. Unless you're right wing to the extreme, you just don't go there. :cover:

Carter lost for a lot of reasons, mainly because he was seen as weak. But that does NOT excuse what Ronnie pulled...If I were one of those held, I'd be suing the Regan estate as well as who ever else they are suing...like it or not, and I know it hurts you HH, but Regan fucked those people for his own gain, and he should have paid for it, and those hurt by it deserve compensation.

Elizabeth Edwards loses battle with cancer, dies at the age of 61

Only a day after posting a goodbye message on Facebook, indicating she would be stopping cancer treatment due to doctors saying it was “unproductive,†Elizabeth Edwards has died, according to family and friends. She was 61.

Nice lady ... deserved a better husband. :rip:

Ronnie pulled what? He pulled off getting the hostages released...something Carter hadn't done in 444 days !

The only lawsuits filed by actual hostages (vs. "If I had been") have been against Iran/Assets of Iran. And, to my knowledge, the U.S. Government has consistently opposed successful prosecution of those lawsuits. So, if the hostages had credible evidence that Reagan was complicit of some nefarious activity which extended their captivity, don't you think we would have heard it...and don't you think they would have gone after him/his estate? (After all, he was a private citizen when some might believe he acted against their best wishes.) Like I said: "allegations"/"charges". Easy to make.

HH

P.S. LZ and OH...please keep this shit under your tin hats, or we'll be subjected to another Oliver Stone "classic". :content:

You seem to have a distorted view of the reality of the October surprise...seems Old Ronnie arranged to have the hostages held a bit longer in excahnge for some "gifts" later on...but I won't bother you with facts and reality...Ronnie was a saint...never faced impeachment etc...no such thing as Iran contra or anything of the sort...no doubt Obama was behind it all anyway...