Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I fail to understand guys like you who are probably not in the 1% of wealthiest Americans yet blindly support them. :p

I regretfully admit I'm not in the top 1% :( But plenty of others that are likewise disadvantaged share my view that taxes should not be raised on anyone. One of the polls I read revealed that 20% of the respondents thought the same. I suspect that the great majority of those who wanted to raise the taxes on the top 1-2% don't pay ANY federal income taxes.

My reasons are simple: I don't believe that the average TAXPAYER really gets good value for his $. We are taxed too much for what we individually receive; Everybody should pay the same percentage of their gross income (from whatever source); I don't have a right to what my neighbors earn/own' date=' they don't have a reciprocal claim. It's a moral issue to me.

And it's not just the income tax the Demoncrats want to raise (as we all know). Among others, they want to raise the "death tax". Bunch of fucking grave robbers, in my eyes. You could bury them in one of those big piles of cow shit I see next to dairy's and it would be fine by me. :content:

HH[/quote']

At the Federal level, one of the main reasons since 1862 for the Internal Revenue to collect taxes was to pay for the wars.

If a person doesn't want to pay more in taxes, they should support the idea of not supporting wars that do not make sense.

Don't you agree?

I fail to understand guys like you who are probably not in the 1% of wealthiest Americans yet blindly support them. :p

I regretfully admit I'm not in the top 1% :( But plenty of others that are likewise disadvantaged share my view that taxes should not be raised on anyone. One of the polls I read revealed that 20% of the respondents thought the same. I suspect that the great majority of those who wanted to raise the taxes on the top 1-2% don't pay ANY federal income taxes.

My reasons are simple: I don't believe that the average TAXPAYER really gets good value for his $. We are taxed too much for what we individually receive; Everybody should pay the same percentage of their gross income (from whatever source); I don't have a right to what my neighbors earn/own' date=' they don't have a reciprocal claim. It's a moral issue to me.

And it's not just the income tax the Demoncrats want to raise (as we all know). Among others, they want to raise the "death tax". Bunch of fucking grave robbers, in my eyes. You could bury them in one of those big piles of cow shit I see next to dairy's and it would be fine by me. :content:

HH[/quote']

The problem with your arguments HH is all the pending that you whine about is relatively trivial compared to the "big 3": Military spending, Social Security, and Medicare. The guys you purport to support won't touch Military spending, so is it safe to assume that you would like your Medicare and SS benefits cut?

You are like the typical tea bagger who supports "tax reform". As long as YOUR taxes go down, then you are all in favor of it. If your taxes went up, and/or your benefits were reduced, then you cry and moan about the "libtards".

Not one of, the ONLY reason. The Civil War and World War I were the reasons for the income tax. The symbol of our country, the Statue of Liberty was financed (the base was, the statue was a gift) from private donations.

We've been fed a crock of sh*t and it really should be no surprise that the country fell for it.

Its no surprise why the founders only allowed landed male gentry to vote originally. They were the most educated, didn't need or want government money and had a vested interest in the country. Now, I'm not saying they were right if we are a true republic all adults should be able to vote, but the old Wall Street adage that 'the masses are asses' is true.

Democracy or a Republic are the best forms of government we can come up with for the time being. However, it has inherent problems and I am now of the mind that there is presently NO form of government that can stand the test of time. Its a lot better than communism, monarchy and the rest.

However, I don't think there is any form of government that can last (or more specificaly be effective) for any considerable length of time because of one thing and one thing only: the human condition. We are flawed. We will eventually revert to the lowest common denominator. You can never have a perfect or even near perfect government because our species is badly flawed.

Edited by Guest

No problem with wars ... as long as the feds only fight wars that actually concern the US. What is the endless conflict in Afganistan doing for the US except costing money and lives? Will it ever end in anything other than a return to status quo? Reinstitute conscription with no exemptions for students and politicians' sons and see how fast the US leaves.

On another note, Don't Ask, Don't Tell doesn't get repealed. It had the numbers.

Not Obama's fault but I have to say one thing about him. He has governed as a centrist despite what the right paints him as. His cabinet, etc. says centrist and sometimes even right of center.

The left thinks he's one of them and he needs them. He should have done something about Don't Ask, Don't Tell from an executive level. Gays are a big ally. They have money and they will be active politically.

He should also change the patdown, TSA thingy that's going on. It would make him seem in tune and sympathizing with the average american and traveler. He doesn't have to go through pat downs and it would seem a good way to curry favor with the masses.

The only base he has left are blacks and I'm not sure what else.

[if a person doesn't want to pay more in taxes, they should support the idea of not supporting wars that do not make sense.

Don't you agree?

If I could pay my federal taxes based upon what I support or don't support, I could probably cut my taxes by at least 80%.

On the other hand, if one doesn't want to pay more taxes, it is much easier to not vote for a Demoncrat. :content:

HH

Just heard on the radio...Prez. O has spent more $$$ in 2 years then GWB did in 8 years...if true...hmmmmm

Fuck-ups of epic proportion are costly.

Our grandchildrens' grandchildren (the world over) will still be paying for GWB's damage.

We are still paying for the damage Regan caused, so will our kids...the debt is not going away, EVER...no matter who is in charge...so Chapter 7 or 13 looks good...

Funny thing, Cali has a cash crunch, so they may give out tax refund "I.O.U.s" this year, I owe state taxes, so am considering giving them an IOU, payment later, no idea when, and no interest, the same terms they set...