Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'm sort of with you on this one HH. Income tax is not a big issue to me, being part of the largest population of unemployed in the nation. The Governator has been ineffective on the budget, but I admire him for trying very hard (on other issues as well). Which is why I voted for Brown, he might just be able to deal with the bastards, he's one of them and has a lot more experience.

Not Obama's fault but I have to say one thing about him. He has governed as a centrist despite what the right paints him as.

Steve, Steve, Steve...how can you come to this conclusion? Just look at his agenda and what he wants to accomplish: higher taxes, higher spending levels, national healthcare, repeal of federal law relating to same-sex marriage, repeal of "don't ask, don't tell", amnesty to illegal aliens, sympathetic siding with unions...I could tick off a few more as examples, but you get the drift. What is "centrist" with respect to any of his positions on above? That he hasn't offered up free weddings to same-sex partners or free housing and food stamps to wetbacks?

The only thing that has caused Obama to inch ever so slightly to the center was the butt-kicking of the Demoncrap Party a couple of months ago. And that movement toward the center has only involved the current tax increase pending. So, pleeeeeeeease don't call Obama's politics "centrist". It just ain't so.

HH

I'm sort of with you on this one HH. Income tax is not a big issue to me, being part of the largest population of unemployed in the nation. The Governator has been ineffective on the budget, but I admire him for trying very hard (on other issues as well). Which is why I voted for Brown, he might just be able to deal with the bastards, he's one of them and has a lot more experience.

I think Arnie tried to do the right thing. But his own words were, "this state is not governable". I agree. If I was 30 years old, I'd get out of the state as quickly as I could, coming back only to transit LAX or SFO.

Yeah, Brown is experienced. A career politician. But he has broken his oath of office more than once. So going back on his campaign rhetoric will be no more painful to him than it is to the average politician.

HH (Wishing that CA would divide up into two states, leaving most of the coastal counties in one state and the rest of the counties in another.)

What alleged damage did Reagan do that we are still paying for?

I hope you aren't going to blame him for California's yearly fiscal crisis that the Demoncrap legislature has spearheaded for decades.

HH

No, I am referring to all the money Ronnie spent breaking the soviet union...we are still paying for it, and will be for a long time. Sadly, we didn't learn from the Soviet folly in Afghanistan, and are repeating their mistake. But that is all Obama's fault. If Obama hadn't created and armed the Taliban, none of this would ever have happened.

Why do you stay in California if you hate it so much? no one is holding a gun to your head making you stay. You are free to leave anytime you want...so well, feel free.

...No, I am referring to all the money Ronnie spent breaking the soviet union...we are still paying for it, and will be for a long time.

Why do you stay in California if you hate it so much? ...

How do you figure we're STILL paying for it? OMG, that was 30 years ago ! Chump change compared to what Obama is leaving you.

You want to know why I stay in Cali? Cuz if I moved I'd miss you too mutt.

HH

I'm sort of with you on this one HH. Income tax is not a big issue to me' date=' being part of the largest population of unemployed in the nation. The Governator has been ineffective on the budget, but I admire him for trying very hard (on other issues as well). Which is why I voted for Brown, he might just be able to deal with the bastards, he's one of them and has a lot more experience.[/quote']

With the independent PDR San Francisco ... :p

I grew up in California, but now I almost feel like a stranger when I'm there. When I was a kid people even spoke English in LA. Another century indeed. I know how the Brits felt when they lost the empire. My old neighborhood is mostly Hispanic. :hmmm:

I think Arnie tried to do the right thing. But his own words were, "this state is not governable". I agree. If I was 30 years old, I'd get out of the state as quickly as I could, coming back only to transit LAX or SFO.

Yeah, Brown is experienced. A career politician. But he has broken his oath of office more than once. So going back on his campaign rhetoric will be no more painful to him than it is to the average politician.

HH (Wishing that CA would divide up into two states, leaving most of the coastal counties in one state and the rest of the counties in another.)