Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

LK..."judicial activism" and "federal over-reach" are two concepts which I abhor. Sadly, they seem to be two of the most common tools the left attempts to use to control and achieve it's goals.

If the interstate commerce clause is allowed to be used in the matter of Obamacare, it sets a precident for all and anything Congress thinks it has the right to involve itself. Do you really, really want to entrust Congress to do what it pleases? Why the f do you think there was a Revolution over 200 years ago?

HH

Yet you seem to be OK with this judge throwing out a chunk of the Constitution. Or does this only apply to things you don't like?

And you obviously do not understand the provisions of the Interstate Commerce nor the Necessary & Proper Clauses.

BTW, do you have car insurance? You have to buy that if you want to drive? How is this any different? Unless you can guarantee that you are not going to get sick, then you need insurance because legally you must be treated even if you cannot pay. Which law do you want to get rid of? The later? Wouldn't surprise me...AZ has and has sentenced over 100 people to death already this year.

But as I said, I want Medicare for All, so this ruling is OK for me (even if wrong) as it will lead to that, taken to its logical conclusion.

Oh, and all your boring arguments were made 40 years ago about Medicare and are just as wrong now as they were then...

LK...we can continue this only if you make some cogent and accurate points. As long as you keep misstating points of law, it's really a stupid exercise. I have no problem with differences of opinion, but opinions which misstate my positions or what is/has actually occured are problemmatic to me and do not advance any discussion/debate. So revel while you can as the liberal wing of the Demoncrap Party tries to unravel the fabric of my great country. Like I've said before, liberalism is struggling to take it's last breath in U.S. politics. It's DOA and it knows it. The foreshadowing took place 6 weeks ago.

HH

LK..."judicial activism" and "federal over-reach" are two concepts which I abhor. Sadly' date=' they seem to be two of the most common tools the left attempts to use to control and achieve it's goals.

If the interstate commerce clause is allowed to be used in the matter of Obamacare, it sets a precident for all and anything Congress thinks it has the right to involve itself. Do you really, really want to entrust Congress to do what it pleases? Why the f do you think there was a Revolution over 200 years ago?

HH[/quote']

Yet you seem to be OK with this judge throwing out a chunk of the Constitution. Or does this only apply to things you don't like?

And you obviously do not understand the provisions of the Interstate Commerce nor the Necessary & Proper Clauses.

BTW, do you have car insurance? You have to buy that if you want to drive? How is this any different? Unless you can guarantee that you are not going to get sick, then you need insurance because legally you must be treated even if you cannot pay. Which law do you want to get rid of? The later? Wouldn't surprise me...AZ has and has sentenced over 100 people to death already this year.

But as I said, I want Medicare for All, so this ruling is OK for me (even if wrong) as it will lead to that, taken to its logical conclusion.

Oh, and all your boring arguments were made 40 years ago about Medicare and are just as wrong now as they were then...

It is our money so there is nothing wrong spending our money on our own people.

Strange how some hate providing for our own people but have no problem providing health care to Iraqis and a 300 million power plant to Afghans.

Just doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense...the big companies are sucking up all our money! Easy when the $$$ go

overseas where it is difficult to watch and control.

How many times has the US Government Accountability Office GAO) found irregularities but nothing done about it...waaaaaaay too many times!!!

Get use to it...the US gov is controlled by the bankers, wall street, military complex, etc...NOT by the people!!!

It makes perfect sense...the big companies are sucking up all our money! Easy when the $$$ go

overseas where it is difficult to watch and control.

How many times has the US Government Accountability Office GAO) found irregularities but nothing done about it...waaaaaaay too many times!!!

Get use to it...the US gov is controlled by the bankers, wall street, military complex, etc...NOT by the people!!!

The people do the voting and so ultimately the fault lies with all of us.

We've stopped being a Republic years ago. At least in practice.

You would all poop your collective pants to know just how much of the bills that go up for vote in Congress is written by the various lobbyist groups. There are many instances of Congressmen not even knowing the particulars of bills they are supposedly to have authored or push.

I recall reading an article about certain congressmen having to go out in the hall to ask a lobbyist what cogent points he is to make on the Financial Services act in the '90s.

Usually the aides meet with the groups and do all the leg work and heavy lifting.

Its NOT about Liberalism v. Conservatism. Those are facades. Its as much a fairly tale now as some of you make religion out to be. Most of what is pushed as conservative or liberal are nothing but the agenda of some group.

Congress is not even a body of equals. Doesn't matter how honest, fair and idealistic a person you just put in congress is. Makes not one difference or iota. Why? He will never see the light of day. The senior leadership will park his or her's butt on the Indian Affairs subcommittee for water rights or some such lower level committee (apologies to native americans...but you know what I mean). The ones with the power, whether it be Reid, Pelosi, doesn't matter the party, are the ones that are completely paid off.

Yeah, every once in a while they will push their politics of what they came into this game for but the real important stuff is controlled by the powers hiding in the shadows. The ones whose fingers hold the strings to the puppet politcian.

Have a Merry Christmas! :content:

<>

Interesting you write that as I was about to write something similar/

I was surprised when I first dabbled in politics how little the politician did, without the advisers, minders, writers etc.

We don't vote for anyone anymore, rather a facade behind which is who knows what.

One of Fords first things was in the car on the way to be sworn in he was given a 4 page memo "What to do when first in office" by an adviser, he glanced at it and scrawled "OK"

At least Nixon had some personal vision,

NG....Think absolute newbie in Pattaya...surrounded by whores and not knowing the protocols, prices, what to ask or not ask, not knowing danger signs or people/places to avoid.

As for what CS wrote, it's true. It's all "smoke and mirrors" as we used to call it. "Staffers" do all the work and merely hand a page of "bullet points" to their bosses. Testimony in front of committees is almost totally scripted, from the cast of characters, to order of appearance on stage, to questions, and what answers will be given. Jing jing. Often, myself or a colleague would write testimony for our boss who would trot up to "The Hill" and read verbatim what we wrote. Wasted exercise, as committee members already had advance copies of the script. It was just being read into "the record". Occasionally, somebody would tag along to whisper answers into the bosses ear if he/she didn't have the answer to a question.

Opposition is also sometimes nothing more than faux resistence, with certain party members who are "golden" in their districts put out front to hold a party line, while those "on the fence" politically, are allowed to vote with the opposition for political purposes. It's a sham, for the most part.

Does anybody really believe that more than a couple of legislators actually read a 2500 page health care bill; or the pending budget bill of about the same length?

HH

<< BTW, do you have car insurance? You have to buy that if you want to drive? >>

From what I recall from my days (daze?) in California, you had to have either insurance or money up to a certain amount to cover any damage or injuries you might cause. You had the option of paying for insurance or letting the money sit in your bank and draw interest.

:reindeer::santa::snowman: