Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Hey HH, here's a nice paper about this very subject. http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

It was written by such notable commie-pinko institutions as the Naval War College, Commonwealth Club & Brookings.

Interesting, but not especially relevant. Other factors need to be considered than what is noted in the study. Factors such as voting records of the editors/reporters; favorable/unfavorable stories; reporting of certain people/topics; placement of stories/articles; favorable/unfavorable photographs. These are just a few ways that media can/do influence opinions.

The quickest way for a journalist (other than a commentator) to lose his/her job is to cop out that he/she is biased. So, I wouldn't expect a news editor or any of his staff to do so.

I'm not gonna bother to open another can of worms by posting a bunch of links. We can both "cherry pick" thousands from the net. Doesn't really serve a purpose. You got Mrs. LK. I got my fantasies. No need to jerk off here on the board. F the lurkers.

HH

No surprises here...

The 10 Worst States for Retirees

http://finance.yahoo.com/focus-retirement/article/111588/the-10-worst-states-for-retirees?mod=fidelity-readytoretire&cat=fidelity_2010_getting_ready_to_retire

Plenty of folks are aware of the best states for retirees. But what are the 10 worst states in which to spend your golden years?

People of Illinois, California, New York, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Ohio, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Nevada  you probably already know the answer.

The list, with Illinois leading the pack, comes from website TopRetirements.com. According to John Brady, president of TopRetirements.com, the 10 states earn this dubious distinction largely because of three factors: fiscal health, taxation, climate.

As for fiscal health, six of the 10 worst states for retirees on TopRetirements.com's list were among those just identified by a Pew Center for States report as being in "fiscal peril."

The report, "Beyond California: States in Fiscal Peril," showed that "some of the same pressures that have pushed California toward economic disaster are wreaking havoc in a number of other states, with potentially damaging consequences for the entire country."

Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Wisconsin joined California as the 10 most troubled states, according to Pew's analysis...

ANOTHER LIBTARD HAS STRUCK :banghead::banghead::banghead: And where other than San Francisco. Yep, folks, though the plaintiff seems to be located in a different jurisdiction, this lamer of a mother of two, has decided to file suit in San Francisco. Geeeee...I wonder why. 5555555555555 In her most liberal (read controlling) approach, she is asking that her complaint be certified as a "class action" in a SF Superior Ct. ha ha ha Her complaint? She can't say "no" to her kids when they want a Happy Meal. What a weak-ass libtard. (I know that is redundant, but felt compelled anyway.)

The attorney's representing this oxygen thief oughta be disbarred and sentenced to five years of eating Big Macs and Breakfast Burritos. The plaintiff should get the same, have her ovaries and uterus removed and her kids put in a home where proper parenting can be accomplished. Clearly, this worthless cunt has no fucking biz having kids.

This is just ANOTHER fucking example of libtards not being able to accomplish legislatively some etherial idea. It would have ZERO chance of passing even the Demoncrap-controlled State legislature. So, the next best thing: file suit in good old SF.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/12/15/mcdonalds-sued-in-san-francisco-court-over-toy-giveaways/

HH

P.S. McDonald's has a Ronald McDonald house in SF. It provides housing for parents who bring their children to the city for serious/extensive medical treatment and who can not afford to get a hotel room in that overpriced bastion of liberalism. I'm surprised SF supervisors don't block MD's from providing the service, as it clearly encourages people to bring their kids to SF for medical treatment.

I'm hoping the rest of California will boot SF out of the state; Let SF be it's own soverign nation where it can float off into the Pacific, never to be heard/seen again. :cussing:

No surprises here...

Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Wisconsin joined California as the 10 most troubled states, according to Pew's analysis...

Absolutely no surprises. All BLUE states except for AZ. Can you chant "Tax and Spend; Tax and Spend; Tax and Spend"? The Demoncrap caucuses open every one of their meetings with that. Of course, they spend whether their tax receipts are enough to cover their spending sprees or not. Same in D.C. In CA, Libtards should be shot as traitors...or hung as common thieves and left to rot from the Golden Gate and Bay bridges.

HH

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/111642/retiree-pays-back-california-with-interest-for-jobless-aid

A South Carolina retiree has sent the cash-strapped state of California a $10,000 check as a token of appreciation for the unemployment benefits he received while living there nearly five decades ago.

While a noble gesture, he'd have done better by donating it to a local Boys and Girls club (or the Tea Party :content: ) Seriously, the money he sent has already been wasted on some junket by some legislator.

HH