Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Tragic events regarding the shooting in Arizona. If there is anytihng good can at least come out of it' date=' I hope its it reduces the harsh rhetoric from both sides.

I'm no fan of Sarah Palin. However, I don't think her Facebook page can be blamed and neither can the Republcan party. I've been no big fan of the party for some time now so this is not coming from a member of the party.

Nutcases like this guy, are going to do things like that for whatever demented reasons their minds can come up with. You can't blame a political party for motivating him anymore than you can someone who shoots someone because they played a rock record backwards.

As angry as some of us have been about what politicians or a party does, we are not going to consciously pick up a gun, leave our homes with the intent of shooting someone. The actual physical process of going through all that can only be done from a truly disturbed mind.

Therefore I'm leaving Palin blameless as well as the sometimes over the top comments from Republicans. [/quote']

You should be blaming them. A person who has mental problems and anti-government delusions who's been fed a steady diet of "Second Amendment solutions," maps with elected officials marked with cross-hair targets, TeaParty candidate election appearances advertised by asking people to come with loaded automatic rifles, and the entire Republican Party and their TeaBaggers running a very well-crafted anti-government campaign. Yes he's crazy, and those are the people soaking up the poison being vomited up by the Republicans, the tea baggers and conservatives.

Make no mistake, Limbaugh, Palin, et al, have gone over all this with their lawyers and they no exactly how close to the line they can get. So when something like this happens they can shrug and say, "Not my fault."

Anyone with a brain knows otherwise.

And sorry Choco, but “both sides†don't have a 24/7 hate television network and hate radio spreading lies and whipping up the fear and anger in their audience week after week. And there aren't any Democratic politicians out there doing what Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann and company have done with repeating eliminationist rhetoric at every opportunity. The right wingnuts own this completely.

In Arizona, one big issue has been over the State's Medicaid. The Govenor has tossed a lot of people off Medicaid and some of those people are mentally ill. Without their medicines, they are just plain nuts.

Hard to tell where this guy fits in if he fits in at all.

Don't quote me,. Chuck - but I'm watching Fox now!

(Charles Krauthammer is my hero)

Good stuff eh carew, that Charlie Krauthammer really knows how to keep wars going. I can't decide who I like best...Beck or O'Reilly....razor sharp intellects and huge balls. Those guys are really in touch with the pulse of America.

Shooting politicians is not a bad thing, as long as the right ones get shot...I mean would some here have shed even a tear if GWB got shot? Didn't think so...

As much as I disliked GWB, I would NEVER have advocated for someone to shoot him, nor wished for his demise. So I vehemently disagree with your position. There are ways to dissent from political positions without resorting to or advocating violence.

I have to agree with LK's position. This is like saying that the person shouting "fire" in a crowded theater is not responsible for people being trampled to death, simply because they did not do the trampling. It does not matter whose position one takes, the concept is repulsive.

I also took offense to HH's "I would not mind it if someone blew away Pelosi" rhetoric. I know he would not personally resort to violence, but I found his position reprehensible.

Tragic events regarding the shooting in Arizona. If there is anytihng good can at least come out of it' date=' I hope its it reduces the harsh rhetoric from both sides.

I'm no fan of Sarah Palin. However, I don't think her Facebook page can be blamed and neither can the Republcan party. I've been no big fan of the party for some time now so this is not coming from a member of the party.

Nutcases like this guy, are going to do things like that for whatever demented reasons their minds can come up with. You can't blame a political party for motivating him anymore than you can someone who shoots someone because they played a rock record backwards.

[/quote']

The right wingnuts own this completely.

Hmmmm. That's a bit of a slippery slope. Do you honestly think that Limbaugh and Palin want their constituents audience to gun down congresswomen in the streets?

Their vitriol and bullshit should be identified for what it is, you're right about that -- but holding them personally responsible for a murderer, whom we still know little about, because they use terminology like 'cross-hairs' (referencing a gun sight)? No. It's the same as the guys that wanted to prosecute Marilyn Manson and outlaw video games after Columbine.

What's needed is an increased sophistication of the audience, not a sterilization of media. Even the bullshit media.

I used to get a chuckle listening to Limbaugh at Uni. You could call me a lib with an identity crisis. I hate political correctness. And I didn't like the Clintons (though I'd take them over the Bush dynasty any day, anytime). But still I suppose I support most liberal ideals. Not all.

Anyway, Limbaugh's show has degenerated and the stuff that was coming out during the last election just made me turn it off. They do need to tone it down and it does influence people.

But not on the level of murder.

Meh.

Edited by Guest

Don't quote me' date='. Chuck - but I'm watching Fox now!

(Charles Krauthammer is my hero)[/quote']

Good stuff eh carew, that Charlie Krauthammer really knows how to keep wars going. I can't decide who I like best...Beck or O'Reilly....razor sharp intellects and huge balls. Those guys are really in touch with the pulse of America.

I disagree. They are in touch with a (thankfully) small segment of America. You can have a fantastic business being an entertainer to 10% of the population (as these idiots have done), but I do not think their views are even remotely representative of the populace as a whole.