Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I remember the John Birchers back during the 1964 campaign saying that Barry Goldwater wasn't really a conservative. They're right ... in today's Arizona, poor old Barry would be considered a pinko.

Scarily & sadly oh so true. And ol' Barry was a certifiable nutcase rightie (ala McCarthy, but without the commie fetish) in his day...

LK, you have your opinion and I respect that. It doesn't make it fact. Neither does mine. The kind of person that will carry out things like that can be influenced by just about anything. Even rhetoric that is not 'hate filled'.

Millions of folks listen to Rush and company and only one has pulled a trigger. I'm tellin' ya, if that guy was in a church he'd have done the same thing but to a doctor who did abortions.

I can't in no way see the rhetoric, as bad as it seems to approach anything close to the yelling fire in a crowded theater that the framers used as an example. I'm confident even the most liberal supreme court would agree that Palin, Rush and company aren't to blame. Heck I've heard much worse stuff from Nation of Islam guys with a speaker at a corner in Philly do that for hours every day ad nauseum and no one went out to kill 'whitey'. Trust me, these guys, many of whom were ex cons didn't mince words. They were explicit. Same with some of the stuff you hear from guys out in the middle of Idaho.

I have a feeling had it been some liberal guy who shot a conservative you'd be taking my stance. Just a guess.

I'm tellin' ya, if that guy was in a church he'd have done the same thing...

As I told HH, if that makes ya feel good, OK, have at it.

But them's not the facts. He lived in a big city, with plenty of targets a lot closer to home had he just wanted to kill people. Who he chose says a lot. Says it all, in fact.

If you think it was random, there's a bridge in Brooklyn I have for sale. Cheap. I have the deed and everything...nudge, nudge, wink, wink! $250k only. You can turn it for $5M easy. Wire me the money and I'll post the deed. Really.

Don't be part of the problem...

I'm confident even the most liberal supreme court would agree that Palin, Rush and company aren't to blame.

I've already agreed to that, even citing case law. I just want them be adults, acknowledge their errors, and to take responsibility for their part in this tragedy and mend their ways. A hopeless wish, I know.

Heck I've heard much worse stuff from Nation of Islam guys with a speaker at a corner in Philly do that for hours every day ad nauseum and no one went out to kill 'whitey'. Trust me, these guys, many of whom were ex cons didn't mince words. They were explicit. Same with some of the stuff you hear from guys out in the middle of Idaho.

And those guys have an audience of a few hundred. Palin, Beck, the TeaParty nuts, etc. have an audience of tens of millions thanks to Faux News. Can you comprehend the difference here? And that is not letting the guys you mentioned off at all, just comparing the damage they caused with a 500# TNT bomb versus the Fat Man nuke...

The "blame it on someone" frenzy reminds me of what I heard when JFK was shot. I was in my first year at UCSB' date=' then a decidedly liberal university with a largely apethetic student body. One of my profs was almost frantic, practically praying that one of those "rightwing nuts" had shot the Prez. Others were echoing the same thoughts. When the assassin turned out to be Lee Oswald, a pro-Castro leftwing loony, you could almost see their faces drop. Many libs even today buy into whacky other assassins theories, determined to make history happen they way they wanted.

[/quote']

Ya, the magic bullet that defies physics is quite the reasonable explanation... :banghead:

[color:purple]The Warren Commission's "single bullet," according to all documentation:

* had no thread striations (fine lines etched onto a copper encased bullet tip and/or bullet side casing by clothing threads when the bullet first penetrates clothing threads),

* was marked with no blood,

* was marked with no human tissue,

* had no pieces of clothing attached,

* had lost only 1.5% of its original average weight,

* had a composition that was consistent with the composition of the metal fragments recovered from Connally (see section on neutron activation analysis).[/color]

Sounds good...if we ignore all we know about ballistics!

Here ya go, Cav ... I mean Liz:

<< Some critics have questioned the circumstances surrounding the bullet's discovery at Parkland Hospital. In a 1966 interview with author Josiah Thompson, one of the men who found the bullet  Parkland personnel director O.P. Wright, cast doubt on whether the bullet subsequently entered into evidence as CE 399 was the same bullet he held in his hand that day. [color:red]Wright told Thompson that the bullet they found was point nosed, whereas CE 399 is round nosed.[/color]

FBI documents declassified by the ARRB in the 1990s also cast doubt on the identification of CE 399 as the bullet found at Parkland. Neither Darrell Tomlinson nor O.P. Wright, the two men who originally found the bullet, or the two Secret Service agents who handled the bullet on the afternoon of the 22nd of November, could identify it as CE 399.

An FBI memo to the Warren Commission in 1963 stated that Agent Bardwell Odum later showed Tomlinson and Wright CE 399, both of who told him it looked like the bullet they found at Parkland.

However, in an interview to author Gary Aguilar in 2002 Bardwell Odum denied this ever took place, and denied ever possessing the bullet or showing it to anyone. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_bullet_theory

Here come the gun discussions. I wonder how the NRA will get their heads around all this in the run-up to 2012? It's going to be interesting to see what replaces the gun rhetoric, if anything. Arizona will be the place to watch.

Thanks for mentioning that. BTW, I do so love that once again, this tragedy just assassinates the gun nut meme that "guns save the day." We won't even go into the fact that the guy was expelled from Uni and turned down by the Army because they both thought him to be nuts, but he was still allowed to buy a gun legally in AZ.

AZ prolly has percentage-wise the most people carrying of any state. No one can argue that fact.

What stopped this guy? Someone physically tackling him. No one with a piece -- and I am SURE there were some there -- had the balls to take him on. It took some brave unarmed bastard to do it.

Deffo also supports my call for gun control, and kills the absolutely STUPID argument that guns makes us all safer LOL! Once again, I reiterate: the US *needs* to enact laws like Oz, Canada or the UK, removing handguns from the general public. This would not have happened there.

LOL! Rallying on about gold standard, states rights, anti-immigration & anti-healthcare is a lefty? Nice try, but simply a bunch of lies. Pure TeaParty rightie shit that is...

Here's the liar. Argue with her not me ...\

[color:red]@antderosa[/color] it's loughner just checked my year book. [color:orange]less than 20 seconds ago via[/color] [color:orange]Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:red]@lakarune[/color] I haven't seen him since '07. Then, he was left wing. [color:orange]25 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to lakarune[/color]

[color:red]@noboa[/color] more left. I haven't seen him since '07 though. He became very reclusive. [color:orange]27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to noboa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] he had a lot of friends until he got alcohol poisoning in '06, & dropped out of school. Mainly loner very philosophical. [color:orange]29 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy. [color:orange]33 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] he was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix,The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class [color:orange]35 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question & he told me she was "stupid & unintelligent" [color:orange]37 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] I can. That is him. [color:orange]39 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

[color:orange]@antderosa[/color] I went to high school, college, & was in a band with the gunman. This tragedy has just turned to horrific. [color:orange]43 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to antderosa[/color]

Official I went to high school & college, & was in a band w/ the gunman. I can't even fathom this right now. a[color:orange]bout 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone[/color]

Saying Jared Laughner was the gunman. Really hoping that's not the same guy I went to HS with, really good friend. Freaking out right now!!! [color:orange]about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

antderosa[/color] Arizona law enforcement official: "A person in the crowd shot back at the gunman." [color:orange]about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck[/color]