Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2011/1/10/935177/-Tea-party-group-fundraises-off-of-Giffords-shootings

The Palin “crosshairs†ad is here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/take%20back%20the%2020%20abc/josh_painter/sarahpac-20-300.jpg

Not the way back in time web archive doesn't archive Palin's web site . . . . . smart move on Palin's adviser's.

The Joe Manchin ad (literally shooting a scoped rifle at “cap and tradeâ€Â) is here:

The gun movement is taking this as a lesson that reps should have guns

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/2-reps-say-theyll-now-carry-guns-for-protection.php

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/matt-taibbi-the-crying-shame-of-john-boehner-20110105?page=4

Ohio Democrat, Steve Driehaus, clashed repeatedly with Boehner before losing his seat in the midterm elections. After Boehner suggested that by voting for Obamacare, Driehaus "may be a dead man" and "can't go home to the west side of Cincinnati" because "the Catholics will run him out of town," Driehaus began receiving death threats, and a right-wing website published directions to his house. Driehaus says he approached Boehner on the floor and confronted him.

"I didn't think it was funny at all," Driehaus says. "I've got three little kids and a wife. I said to him, 'John, this is bullshit, and way out of bounds. For you to say something like that is wildly irresponsible.'"

Driehaus is quick to point out that he doesn't think Boehner meant to urge anyone to violence. "But it's not about what he intended  it's about how the least rational person in my district takes it. We run into some crazy people in this line of work."

Driehaus says Boehner was "taken aback" when confronted on the floor, but never actually said he was sorry: "He said something along the lines of, 'You know that's not what I meant.' But he didn't apologize."

Timeline

http://hillbillyreport.org/diary/2391/palin-doesnt-reload-she-retreats

"inspired" events over the past couple of years:

* Mar. 2009 - Michele Bachman (R-MN) states that she wants the citizens of her state "armed and dangerous".

* Aug. 2009 - someone dropped a gun from their pants at a Giffords town hall meeting in Arizona.

* Jan. 2010 - Sharron Angle gives famous "second amendment remedies" speech, and also states "we have to take Harry Reid out."

* Mar. 2010 - Tom Perillo's (D-VA) brother came home to find a severed gas line after Tea Partiers posted his address online, thinking it was the Congressman's address.

* Mar. 2010 - Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) said that the windows of her Niagara Falls office were broken and she received voicemail referencing snipers.

* Mar. 2010 - Eric Cantor (R-VA) discovers that even Republicans aren't immune to having their office windows shot out. Perhaps his constituents figured out he doesn't celebrate Christmas.

* Mar. 2010 - Monroe County Democratic Committee (N.Y.) were vandalized when bricks were thrown through the windows.

* Mar. 2010 - Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) angrily shouts "baby killer" while Bart Stupak (D-MI) speaks on the floor of the House or Representatives. Afterward Stupak released tapes of violent threatening "baby killer" messages left on his voicemail, presumably not also by Neugebauer.

* Mar. 2010 - RNC Chairman Michael Steele said Nancy Pelosi should be put on "the firing line."

* Mar. 2010 - John Boehner (R-OH) states, in an interview, that congressmen who vote for the health bill would be 'dead men'.

* Apr. 2010 - Sarah Palin tweets "Don't retreat, instead reload" to her followers.

* Jul. 2010 - Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) office windows were shot at.

* Oct. 2010 - Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) offices were sent white powder through the postal service.

* Jan. 2011 - Explosive packages sent to the Maryland capitol building, the Maryland Department of Transportation and to the office of Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.

The pattern follows the successful anti-abortion campaign. The anti-abortion campaign publishes the home addresses of doctors, involves threats as well as shootings, and has, by one count, eliminated abortions in 87 percent of counties in the U.S. the anti-abortion campaign even uses anthrax letters.

http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/positions/anti-choice-actions-clinic-violence-787.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/02/no-choice-87-of-us-counti_n_210194.html

Westboro Baptists Thank God For Giffords Shooting, Will Picket Funerals

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/westboro_baptists_thank_god_for_giffords_shooting_will_picket_funerals.php

"God Sent The Shooter"

To quote another friend

"It reminds me of the vitriol prior to the American Civil War. The socio-economic-political (SEP) similarities as well, encompassing a bevy of issues unbounded by geography."

Sensationalism sells. It has for ages. In fact, it drove the Unites States into the Spanish-American War, a conflict President William McKinley strongly opposed and was virtually dragged into by Congress. Spain did not blow up the USS Maine, plus the Heart press made up most of the Spanish attrocities. Hearst also made up German attrocities to sell newspapers -- the "crucified Canadian", the Kaiser's soldiers hacking the breasts off of Belgian virgins, the Kaiser's soldiers marching with Belgian babies on their bayonets -- and turned US opinion anti-German before getting into WWI.

Lies, lies and more lies means money. Think of the National Examiner, Daily Mail or Star. Think of Fox News too.

Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol

The Arizona sheriff investigating the Tucson shooting that left U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically wounded had harsh words today for those engaging in political rhetoric, calling conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh "irresponsible" for continuing the vitriol.

"The kind of rhetoric that flows from people like Rush Limbaugh, in my judgment he is irresponsible, uses partial information, sometimes wrong information," Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said today. "[Limbaugh] attacks people, angers them against government, angers them against elected officials and that kind of behavior in my opinion is not without consequences."

Limbaugh today railed against the media and Dupnik for trying to draw a link between the heated political climate and the shooting rampage, calling the sheriff a "fool." But Dupnik stood by his assertions.

"The vitriol affects the [unstable] personality that we are talking about," he said. "You can say, 'Oh no, it doesn't,' but my opinion is that it does."

Investigators have yet to determine what motivated 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner, described by some as appearing to be mentally unstable, to allegedly open fire on the crowd outside the Tucson Safeway. However, so far there is no evidence that he has any ties to any political group

Dupnik took ABC News' Diane Sawyer on a tour today of the Safeway where six people were killed and 14 others, including Giffords, were injured.

Dupnik said eyewitnesses reported that the gun was about a foot away from Giffords' head when she was shot. The gunman then fired wildly and seemingly indiscriminately at the crowd of people.

"It's a matter of seconds," he said. "I'm told he was firing as fast he was capable of firing."

"He's trying to re-load when one of the individuals hits him over the head with a chair," he said, "and then people grab him and a lady grabs the magazine and at that point he is subdued."

Dupnik said he had been advised not to discuss Loughner's mental condition or his home life, but said, "I can tell you this is a somewhat dysfunctional family."

Many have reported that Loughner behaved bizarrely in his community college classes, some even going to school officials in fear of their safety.

"All I can tell you is that teachers and fellow students were concerned about his bizarre behavior in class to the point where some of him were physically afraid of him," Dupnik said. "He was acting in very weird fashion to the point where they had several incidents with him to the point where law enforcement at Pima College got involved and they decided to expel him. And they did."

Dupnik maintains that it was Loughner's own demons, not his state's relatively lenient gun control laws, that caused the tragedy on Saturday.

"He could have purchased this gun in any state. It's not just Arizona," said Dupnik, who owns a gun. "There are too many people who have temper problems who have troubled personalities. This isn't an unusual individual. There are hundreds just like him in our community. And in every other community."

[color:red]Dupnik said he'd like to see the federal government establish some kind of commission to deal with civility in the United States and make recommendations about how to get it back. "I don't have a problem with heated arguments," he said. "As a matter of fact you are kind of getting a little heat out of me now, and it is because I am very angry at what has transpired." [/color]

"Not because it's Tucson, Arizona, but because of two beautiful people -- one almost dead and one assassinated -- that were personal friends of mine," he said, speaking of Giffords and U.S. District Judge John Roll, "and outstanding individuals and public servants."

A moment of silence was led today on Capitol Hill by President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama to pay tribute to the victims.

Police took Loughner into custody shortly after and charged him in the shooting. According to the sheriff, he has invoked his right to remain silent.

Dupnik has called Loughner a "loner" and "a very troubled individual."

A criminal complaint filed in federal court Sunday charges Loughner with one count of attempted assassination of a member of Congress, two counts of killing an employee of the United States and two counts of intent to kill employees of the United States.

Doctors today said Giffords' condition remained unchanged, that her brain swelling had not increased and that she continued to be able to follow "basic commands."

Giffords is one of eight people still hospitalized following the shooting and one of two still in the intensive care unit.

Police say they have evidence found at Loughner's house to indicate the attack was planned, including a letter that included the words "Giffords," "I planned ahead" and "my assassination."

Whackos R US.

Jared Lee Loughner was a registered independent, didn't vote in 2010 election

By Chris Cillizza

Suspected Tucson gunman Jared Lee Loughner registered as an independent voter in Arizona in the fall of 2006, according to the Pima County Registrar of Voters.

Loughner registered to vote on Sept. 29, 2006, identifying himself as an independent. Records show he voted in the 2006 and 2008 elections but is current listed as "inactive" on the state's voter roles -- meaning that he did not vote in November.

The political affiliations of Loughner, who is being charged by state and federal authorities with the shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) as well as 19 other victims outside a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, have become the subject of a white-hot partisan debate in recent days.

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, liberals sought to paint Loughner as an anti-government, tea party conservative. Conservatives retorted that Loughner lacked anything close to a coherent political philosophy -- a case strengthened by subsequent glimpses into his personal life that suggests someone struggling with mental illness.

[color:red]Loughner's decision to affiliate as an independent rather than a Republican or Democrat would seem to affirm the sense that while he targeted Giffords in the attack, it was not a decision born of a set of deeply held political beliefs that fit neatly into either party.[/color]

Link

p.s. Chuckwow's other suspect - the VN vet or other Svengali type turned to be the taxi driver who took him there. :content: