Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Seems that way, eh? (Regarding 'eards getting elected).

Your last post was a fine example of rationalization and projection. "Oh no, we were just kidding, we didn't mean it. Yadda yadda ya."

I'd have so much more respect for the silly righties in the country (and actually listen to their opinions) if they just owned their obvious positions: "yes, our rhetoric is over the top with all this violence shit;" "yes, we have serious issues with a Negro in the White House;" "Etc." But they try simply silly means to try to mask that which no one buys...

Man up! Own your position, you pussies. *Then* we can talk about meeting in the middle and making the US a better place...

Congresswoman raises 2 fingers, gives thumbs-up

TUCSON, Ariz. – Doctors treating Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords said Monday the congresswoman was responding to verbal commands by raising two fingers of her left hand and even managed to give a thumbs-up.

Giffords, 40, is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of Tucson's University Medical Center after she was shot through the head Saturday during a meet-and-greet with voters outside a supermarket. Two patients were discharged Sunday night. Eight others, including Giffords, remained hospitalized.

Recent CAT scans showed no further swelling in the brain, but doctors were guarded.

"We're not out of the woods yet," said her neurosurgeon Dr. Michael Lemole. "That swelling can sometimes take three days or five days to maximize. But every day that goes by and we don't see an increase, we're slightly more optimistic."

After Saturday's operation to temporarily remove half of her skull, doctors over the past two days had Giffords removed from her sedation and then asked basic commands such as: "Show me two fingers."

"When she did that, we were having a party in there," said Dr. Peter Rhee. "That's a purposeful movement. That's a great thing. She's always grabbing for the tube."

Giffords' family is by her side and is receiving constant updates from doctors. On Monday, two well-known doctors with extensive experience in traumatic brain injury were en route to Tucson to help consult on Giffords' case.

Doctors had said the bullet traveled the length of the left side of the congresswoman's brain, entering the back of the skull and exiting the front. Her doctors have declined to speculate on what specific disabilities Giffords may face as her recovery progresses.

As for the other shooting victims who suffered injuries to the face, neck, stomach and other parts of the body, doctors said most will have a normal recovery. To ensure that they don't suffer post-traumatic stress, depression or other problems, teams of experts will guide them through the next phase.

Link

I notice Julian Assange is using the 'incitement to murder' line. I think he has a case.

>In a statement overnight, Assange condemned the violent rhetoric against him by a number of US politicians and media commentators and demanded that those responsible face prosecution.

He drew parallels between the language used against him and WikiLeaks and accusations that similar rhetoric led to the shooting of Democratic congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona at the weekend.

"When senior politicians and attention-seeking media commentators call for specific individuals or groups of people to be killed, they should be charged with incitement -- to murder," Assange said.<

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/assange-vows-more-leaks-fears-death-penalty-20110112-19mvx.html

You may at least part of this wrong here. There was a case where a Skin head leader' date=' Metzger was his name I think, was indeed convicted or held liable for inciting the death of an African national. SO it can happen, and maybe should in some cases. Free speech is one thing, but when one incites people to kill, that is another.

But you are right, there is not a correlation between legal gun ownership and gun crimes. In many cases, guns help deter violent crime, or crime in general.[/quote']

I remember that case actually. As crazy as it sounds at the time I don't think he incited the guy but I'm fuzzy on the details. I have a very high standard though I must admit.

He basically called for the murders of others, and his followers reacted.

Cop Killer Ice T....anyone?

Just words. anyone stupid enough to follow his words is responsible and NOBODY else.

When that rap came out, it was banned in a few markets because the belief was it might incite gangbangers to do just that, kill cops. There was a belief that Ice -T should be held liable for inciting a riot/murder if one occurred, big discussion of it at the time.

So really, "Cop Killer" and "186 LAPD" (186 is LAPD code for a homicide) are no different than Palin and the targets and her "...don't retreat, reload..." comments...both are subject for discussion, and both topics called for more less the same result, which was censorship in one case, and self censorship of sorts in another.