Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The Goldwater people forced his nomination in 1964. They were even so fanatical and nasty at the Republican convention that Barry was clearly embarrassed by them. I visited some of the Goldwater campaign offices. There were a few nice old ladies in them, but a lot angry very unfriendly men. I was immediately suspect because I was young and a university student!

Personally I think Palin is unelectable in a national election. She could get the nomination. Its Republicans that vote in those things and lately people have been voting emotion and not who is electable.

The 'machine' may have another person but she's linked into the machine from her stint as a VP nominee.

I don't think she'll get it though. Romney looks a good bet. Huckleby won't get elected but he will take votes and may be a kingmaker.

They are polite civilized people happy to toe the party line.

Kind of like the Demoncraps, eh? (Pelosi, Biden, Hispanic, Gay/Lesbian factions) Never seen such a break-from-party group in all my years.

CW...I'm beginning to think you have a secret "thing" for Sarah. You can't seem to be able to get away from her. I might be able to get an autographed photo of her sent to you. :content: Maybe laminated so you can wipe off the "sticky stuff". :hubba:

HH

I can't see anything like that happening with SarahPAC or the Tea Party. They are polite civilized people happy to toe the party line.

For a long time I wrote that as "tow the line." While I'm not one of the fellas concerned much with grammar (obvious) -- I even corrected people on a few occasions who - correctly - wrote it as 'toe..'.

:doah:

The burden of shame is not an easy one to bear.

Or is it bare?

:)