Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"For gold to rise, the dollar would probably have to become more worthless.'

That's what is happening. But the world population was a lot lower in the 1800s. Even if the economy improves the demand for commodities will increase. It doesn't mean everybody will start buying gold....just enough who don't trust paper to keep the price up.

I see gold as insurance. Printing money seems to be all the US government can do. GOP talks about budget cuts but it's just talk. The debt just hit 14 trillion.

Budget cuts won't help as long as the Democraps are in control of the printing presses. The greatest part of the 14 trillion dollar debt has been incurred in just 2 years of having Obama in office. I wonder if Gutenburg is there with Nobel as being equally at fault for some of man's follies. (Merely continuing the tin-hat theories that have been discussed earlier. :content: )

HH

There you go again (hattip Ray-gun). You love playing with strawmen; did you have Barbies growing up too? :neener:

R-rVUMRBj9E

Words have consequences. Choose them carefully and if you fuck up, own it, don't hide it.

Hmmm. Don't have the capacity to choose them carefully, but I like the idea of taking ownership. Well put sir.

Yeah well keep up with the partisan stuff if it makes you happy Hugh. Your team control Congress now. You got your tax break. Now let's see some serious spending cuts that won't create more unemployment.

Surprising, in the old days, 1880's, the rich got taxed like everybody else based upon what they possessed.

You own a lot, you got taxed a lot.

For gold to rise, the dollar would probably have to become more worthless.

During the Civil War, silver was at its highest during the 1800's. After the war it dropped to barely over $1.00.

During the depression, silver became almost worthless - about 25 cents.

You remember that? And I thought I was old ... :p