Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Using mines would be a military act and that can only happen if we are under martial law. We probably would be in trouble with International law if we use mines.

No shit ... pretty sure the US is amongst several countries who have agreed not to use landmines again.

Love it when people from a country pioneered by immigrants start talking about closing the borders. Better chhange the sign on the sstatue while you're at it.

We are talking about CONTROLLED immigration here! easy for you to say, as you live on an island, and illegals cannot easily slip in and cause shit...I am all for legal controlled immigration, as it made our country great (not like the hoard of criminals your country was based on :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo ) I am against illegal immigrants and the shit they cause.

We emay well have signed the land mine agreement, as I said to the other guy, we will NEVER do it, but if we did, it would work...sooner or later, it will be drastic enough that we have to do something...but we won't...

As for the statue of liberty, different time, different world, and WE CONTROLLED IMMIGRANTS THEN! And as it was given to us by france...well...nough said...

Many a time here I have proposed land mines along the border. Much cheaper than a fence or hiring border patrol officers. And much more of a deterrent' date=' I would think. A few warning signs posted about every 40 or 50 miles apart along the border just to give wannabe wets fair advance notice of what might await them. :up:

HH[/quote']

Being some of the rivers in Arizona flow north and we haave each year monsoons, I guess you would volunteer to tell the parents of the children who get blown up from your land mines that they died from your policies?

You have said this in 2 different threads now...what exactly do you mean? so what about the rivers...small patrols can handle that. The idea is you close off as much of the border as you can, and then concentrate on the few holes remaining. Trust me, it works.

If a mine ends up in a river, how is a patrol going to stop a mine that is being pushed by water northward when the water can easily push a car? Some people who have been caught up by the water don't show up for years. How is a patrol going to find such a mine or mines? And who is liable when one goes off?

Clearly you know less than I thought, so much for giving you the benefit of the doubt...Land mines on land, hence the term LAND mine...now you will say "what if..." and to that I say "what if back..." Your ignorance of munitions is blinding, so best you not comment on it. A small land mine in the water moving around would either go inert, or more likely detonate when it moves...now you know. Of course we could have them all wired, and detonate them if they were no longer needed...but well...why bother explaining this to you...please, do not reply pretending you know something...

Point is, you mine the land (HENCE THE TERM LAND MINE) and you patrol the weak link, the water...it will work and work well, but we will never do it. So don't sweat it, there will always be plenty of illegals for you to love and pay for/deal with...when they rob you, rape yous maybe you'll get a clue.

Admittedly, I have not read all the posts regarding mines so this may have been said already.

I'm not gonna comment on the merits of it or the ethics of it, we can all make our own opinions on it.

I will say this though, its a non starter in terms of it actually coming to frution and being a reality. There is no way on God's green earth that America will lay land mines on the border. From the ACLU to what ever group that starts with Z, it won't ever happen. The international community will be up in arms (if we care to even heed them).

I am no expert on border patrol but I do know if we wanted to we could secure it. There just isn't the motivation. I said this before, if we knew that al Qaida or some such similar threat are planning to come across the border or a domestic act of terrorism happened from someone coming across the southern border, you can bet pretty damn quick, we'd secure it pronto.

There would b a public demand and I fear that is the only way it will ever be secured. Lives will have to be lost first...well, at least American lives.

I'll take one on the knuckles if this was reported as well on here but Obama has upset our British friends by saying that Sarkozy and the French are our strongest allies. Maybe he didnt' really mean it. Maybe he does. I don't know. But its not going down well.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100071241/barack-obama-france-is-americas-strongest-ally-the-president-gives-britain-the-boot-again/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/12/barack-obama-snubs-britain-by-saying-france-is-his-biggest-ally-115875-22842843/

Many a time here I have proposed land mines along the border. Much cheaper than a fence or hiring border patrol officers. And much more of a deterrent' date=' I would think. A few warning signs posted about every 40 or 50 miles apart along the border just to give wannabe wets fair advance notice of what might await them. :up:

HH[/quote']

Being some of the rivers in Arizona flow north and we haave each year monsoons, I guess you would volunteer to tell the parents of the children who get blown up from your land mines that they died from your policies?

You have said this in 2 different threads now...what exactly do you mean? so what about the rivers...small patrols can handle that. The idea is you close off as much of the border as you can, and then concentrate on the few holes remaining. Trust me, it works.

If a mine ends up in a river, how is a patrol going to stop a mine that is being pushed by water northward when the water can easily push a car? Some people who have been caught up by the water don't show up for years. How is a patrol going to find such a mine or mines? And who is liable when one goes off?

Clearly you know less than I thought, so much for giving you the benefit of the doubt...Land mines on land, hence the term LAND mine...now you will say "what if..." and to that I say "what if back..." Your ignorance of munitions is blinding, so best you not comment on it. A small land mine in the water moving around would either go inert, or more likely detonate when it moves...now you know. Of course we could have them all wired, and detonate them if they were no longer needed...but well...why bother explaining this to you...please, do not reply pretending you know something...

Point is, you mine the land (HENCE THE TERM LAND MINE) and you patrol the weak link, the water...it will work and work well, but we will never do it. So don't sweat it, there will always be plenty of illegals for you to love and pay for/deal with...when they rob you, rape yous maybe you'll get a clue.

Gee, I had no idea you knew how things are in Arizona. When we get a down pour, the water carves the land the way she wants to carve it. Lets say you mind a hilltop. The water carves the hilltop and in some cases, carries with it some mines and lays the mines in a new area. Can you guarantee with 100% certainty that when the water first moves the mine(s) it will detonate?

Old Hippie, I know you and HH want to make things difficult and expensive but don't you agree if the Border Patrol was pulled back to the border and made to patrol the border, the job could be done without any extra expenses?

Or would you like to see the border mined, drones armed with missiles flying within 500 miles from the border looking for drug suspects, illegals, etc.?

Sounds what you are proposing is very similar to '1984' or 'Brave New World'.