Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Still, its not a good thing to do. The word 'special' is only used for England as far as I know.

What a bunch of bullshit! The GOP sound like a bunch of seventh grade schoolgirls with this silly BS. "Ooooo, Sally said you're not her BFF anymore! Now Jane is...nya-nya-nya-nya!"

Really, WTF? Grow up assholes. It is like we don't have a plethora of other problems to address instead of this non-issue.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he didn't go around bowing and immortalizing our "enemies" and, at the same time, placing staunch allies in the same kettle. Shows what a lame-ass "leader" he is.

I hardly think criticising him for this is equivalent to a schoolyard taunting. (BTW, the Demoncraps have been doing the same to Bush and other GOP figures. But in the tradition of most liberals, "I'm okay, you're okay"...unless we liberals say otherwise. :banghead:)

HH

Guest lazyphil

no, obama needs to grow up. he's pissed off with the british because of how grandpops was treated in kenya by the brits.....MOVE ON ASSHOLE!our looney left femi nazis NuLabour (you know, the assholes who took us to war!)gave obi a staue of churchill as a gift and numptynoo obi returned it, i dont care for the 'special relationship', but i do take notice when we have 10,000 troops backing up yours. i wish our right wing torys had been in power at the out break of the war, its just possible we wouldn't be in this mess....

Face it. Europe (at least initially) loved Obama, but "hates" the U.S. Obama promises to mend the wayward ways of the U.S. and before he even say's "sorry" to Al Queda, he's bestowed the "honor" of a Nobel Peace Prize. :rotl:

In fairness, rhetoric of "no stronger ally" is used frequently for various diplomatic purposes. But how the fuck can Obie say that about France? When the U.S. was allowed to use air bases in England to launch an attack agains Libya, what country made it's airspace off-limits to U.S. warplanes. It was the fucking frogs ! Strongest ally? Give me a fucking break. I suppose Obama will be nominating the leader of N Korea for the Nobel Peace Prize if anything is ever settled on that issue. Two years into office and his foreign policy has been a one-trick pony, mostly involving the withdraw of U.S. and coaliton occupational troops in Iran and Afghanistan. Nothing accomplished in the Palestine-Isreal problem; nothing of substance regarding N. Korea beligerence; nothing regarding "negotiations" with Iraq and it's nuclear interests. Nothing with China regarding "human rights" or currency evaluation or unfair trade. During his campaign he was often referred to as The One for his speeches about how playing nicey-nicey with rogue countries would be accomplished if he was elected. In these first two years, he hasn't got any of the heads of the nice countries to sit down and discuss "nicely" how these issues can be addressed in a more favorable way. I'm not saying another President could do any better, but he has been a complete failure in these areas; and I doubt if he will do any better in his last two(and,hopefully, final)years. The guy is in over his head both interms of foreign policies and domestic policies. Only Billy Carter could have done worse, with Jimmy coming in 3rd.

HH

, i dont care for the 'special relationship', but i do take notice when we have 10,000 troops backing up yours. i wish our right wing torys had been in power at the out break of the war, its just possible we wouldn't be in this mess....

Maybe. Interesting argument going on at the moment. Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles says the British army is there because they enjoy it, to redeem their honour after leaving Basra, and because they would face cutbacks otherwise. Sir Richard Dannatt finds his comments insulting.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/73735,people,news,two-knights-at-war-over-disgraceful-afghan-story-

Sarkozy loves all things American though. The french aren't too happy about that.

I can certainly understand the Brits being miffed. I have to assume Obama likes Britain as other Presidents have as well. However, I do recall some flap when he 1st went there. can't remember what it was and then the demonizing (fair or unfair) about BP and the oil spill.