Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Winston Churchill said just that, until you consider the alternatives to democracy. I just hate to listen to people whine about U.S. government, until you point out in what instances they are benefiting from that government. And make no mistake about it; the passage of prop 13 (under California laws) gives a big benefit to millions of California house owners. But, according to them, everyone else is stealing from the government. Certainly, there needs to be fundamental changes to the way federal, state and local governments operate. But there also has to be a change to the mentality of the "me" generation, which says I've got mine and screw everyone else.

What's wrong with Prop 13? It's the greatest benefit ever bestowed on homeowners. It took "the people" and not politicians to get it enacted. Without it, millions would have lost their homes to Demoncrap politicians who never saw a tax they don't like to raise or initiate. Just so as not to confuse others, it has been several decades of Demoncrat legislative bodies, illegal immigration, and a stupid voting populace that are responsible for the financial mess the State of CA is in. The Demoncrat legislature votes for more spending than it has in income, the wetbacks bring far LESS to the table than they consume, and the voting populace is overwhelmingly Demoncrap. You can't blame Prop 13 for the problems. Other states which do not have it also have severe financial problems...and most of those states are "blue states".

HH

What's wrong with Prop13? It rapes the people. It allows one group to pay far less taxes, while forcing another group to pay 10 times more tax on an asset of the same value.

Prop 13 was originally intended to keep family farmers/ranchers from losing homes to taxes. It was also supposed to keep old people from being taxed out of their homes. Sad part is, it got bastardized to where you can hand your kids a house and they pay the taxes you paid...and they hand it to their kids and so on and on...so eventually, the state loses revenue, forcing higher sales taxes and other taxes to make up the short fall.

Again, I believe in flat taxes, I make $50K I pay the same as everyone else making $50K My house is worth $300K I pay the same property tax as anyone else with a house worth $300K. Only exception I maight make is for retired people, who would be exempt from paying property tax until they sell their existing home or die. Their heirs get the house and either pay the market tax rate or sell it if they can't. Prop 13 is all fucked up and it needs to be fixed or dumped...

...and it goes on and on and on...

Judge: Obama's health overhaul unconstitutional

US judge says Obama's entire health plan unconstitutional; case destined for Supreme Court

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Judge-Obamas-health-overhaul-apf-1283165102.html?x=0

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) -- A federal judge in Florida ruled Monday that President Barack Obama's entire health care overhaul law is unconstitutional, placing even noncontroversial provisions under a cloud in a broad challenge that seems certain to be resolved only by the Supreme Court...

[What's wrong with Prop13? It rapes the people. It allows one group to pay far less taxes, while forcing another group to pay 10 times more tax on an asset of the same value.

Rapes people? OMG, OH! Prop 13 was enacted by the people because the politicians and their thirst for $ for their bullshit programs were raping the homeowner. Laws often have unintended consequences. But it is hardly the only law deemed inequitable relating to taxes. Shit, almost half of Americans don't pay ANY income tax. So, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease..........don't get me started on that shit. :content:

HH

...and it goes on and on and on...

Judge: Obama's health overhaul unconstitutional

seems certain to be resolved only by the Supreme Court...

We'll get to celebrate the sinking of Obama's "signature" legislation and his horseshit plan just in time for the next election. :beer: The GOP will use this victory over leftist fascism as a springboard to claim both houses of Congress and the White House. :up::up::up:

HH

<< In ruling against President Obama‘s health care law, federal Judge Roger Vinson used Mr. Obama‘s own position from the 2008 campaign against him, when the then-Illinois senator argued there were other ways to achieve reform short of requiring every American to purchase insurance.

“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that, [color:red]‘If a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’â€Â[/color] Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of his 78-page ruling Monday. >> :content:

Judge uses Obama's own words against him!

Trump: Mideast Explosion Could Destroy OPEC, Lower Oil Prices

Donald Trump is mad as hell  and he’s letting everybody know it.

In a wide-ranging exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV on Friday, the billionaire real estate mogul and reality TV star lashes out at China, OPEC, Obama’s Middle East dealings, the president’s State of the Union address and more.

Trump takes aim at America’s “horrible†trade agreements, declares that the Middle East is going to explode, warns about “catastrophic†oil prices, and charges that Obama’s Afghanistan policy is “dangerous and stupid.â€Â

He also complains that the United States is a “laughing stock†throughout the world  and confirms that he is seriously considering running for president in 2012.

Asked directly about a possible run, Trump tells Newsmax: “I’m thinking about it. I’m looking at what’s happening with this country and frankly, it’s very sad. I see what’s happening left and right, how we’re being abused by other nations, and I don’t like it. I don’t like what’s happening with jobs. I am seriously thinking about it.â€Â

Trump says if he does run it will be as a Republican and not as a third party candidate, and explains why he would run.

“I love the country. I’ve done well in the country. My businesses have never been better because I’ve made some good decisions. It shouldn’t be good. It should be terrible because a lot of other businesses are terrible. But I’ve made some very good decisions.

“I love the country and I hate what’s happening to the country. In 12 years China will take over as the world’s leading economic power, if not sooner, and the way we’re going this country will not be a great country as it was anymore. That’s so very very sad to me.â€Â

Trump has a lot more to say about China.

“I’m a big buyer of products, and I’m also unfortunately a big buyer of Chinese products,†he says. “It’s very hard not to buy Chinese products, including sheetrock, which has destroyed many a development and many a life.

[color:red]“I’ll say this: We make better products than China. The problem is they manipulate their currency so badly that it’s almost impossible for a person like me to buy outside China. [/color]

[color:red]“I want to buy an American product. The Chinese products come in, they’re cheaper. They’re not as good but they’re cheaper. And it’s not because of their workers, it’s because of their manipulation of their currency. [/color]

[color:red]“Another thing: If you try to do business in China, it’s almost impossible. They want all your technology. They want you to build your plants in China. [/color]

“We have a very weak policy. Whether it’s China, or the horrible agreement just signed with South Korea, or any of the other horrible deals that we make, we don’t have the ability to make good deals with other countries.

We’re like a whipping post for other countries. We are standing there and being beaten by South Korea, by Mexico, by China, by India. If you have a problem with a credit card and you call somebody up, that person is based in India.

“And then they wonder why we’re not going to have jobs for another five or six years.

[color:red]“Ben Bernanke said recently it’s going to be at least five years before our jobs really come back. And I say, why? All our jobs are going to China. We’re rebuilding China and other places.â€Â[/color]

Trump insists the United States needs to change its trade policies with the People’s Republic.

[color:blue]“If we ever taxed Chinese products coming into this country, we would pay off the debt so fast. More importantly, we would start creating jobs in our country.[/color]

[color:red]“They cheated at the Olympics with their gymnasts, they’re cheating us with their manipulation of the currency. They’re not our friends. I know them very well. I do business with them. I’m not angry at them. I just can’t believe that they can get away with it[/color].

[color:red]“My friends from China said to me just recently  they didn’t know that I might be thinking about running for president  we cannot believe how stupid your politicians are to allow us to get away with what we’re getting away with. [/color]

[color:red]“They thought they were talking to me as a business guy and they were all laughing and smiling. We are a laughing stock throughout the world.â€Â[/color]

More by Frump on OPEC

He's absolutely correct about the trade imbalance with China and how high tariff rates would help balance the debt/budget and how jobs in the U.S. would be saved/created.

Administration after administration has fucked the average American with extremely poor trade agreements. It's time we took to the streets ! Let's find some old clunkers to burn ! Gather up Chinese flags and and burn em while we're at it.

Wait...it isn't the fault of the Chinese. It's the fault of the traitors in our midst...the legislators we've been sending to Washington for decades. They shit on us big time. They pissed backward on us. Sodomized us ! They've exported jobs to other countries...and when that wouldn't work enough commercial miracles, the jobs left in the country were "jobs no American would do". What a bunch of fucksticks.

HH