Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

...your statement (about supporting people having health insurance but not supporting a law that forces employers to fire employees over the new health law) is extremely contradictory.

Not if you read the previous statements by me and others over the past say five pages.

This is the problem that I have with the single USA thread - find it really difficult to follow a topic.

Finding myself posting a lot less as a result.

From what I understood the USA system was suppose to be similar.

i.e. Person works in a restaurant:

WHAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER O'BAMA CARE: Small restaurant without much profit or any profit at the end of the year. The employeers cost would be almost zero if not zero. Employee gets sick. The employee gets medical care and doesn't have to file bankruptcy. The insurance company is charged one of the smallest amounts for the service.

Real world: Restaurant owner has to provide health insurance to all employees if he is over a certain number. (25 I think' date=' not sure.) Lowest quote came in at about $1.5k per person per year. At that level, if 30 people are employed, restaurant pays 45k off the bottom line for ins that it was not paying before. Result: If this is a small establishment, restaurant fires enough employees to be below the standard.

One guy I know said he thought he might be able to do it and survive but was not willing risk it so he fired 10 people and became his own cleaning crew and host staff.[/quote']

While I doubt the numbers and a lack of a solution, you still make a PERFECT case for Medicare for All (i.e., public option) versus private (read that: employer) funded healthcare. Just like every other 1st world nation on the planet!

I'll reiterate: the GOP wanted to kill the public option and loved them some mandate (once again: Heritage, 1994) until the brother in the White House made it so...

They were invited to participate a 1' date='000 times. Fuckin' pussy Obama practically sucked their cocks to get them to the table. And gave in to ANYTHING the GOP wanted, hence such a crappy bill. And the GOP still stayed home.

[/quote']

I happened to watch the TV coverage (live) of the big healthcare pow-wow organised and orchestrated by Obama. Fucking joke. It was supposed to be an opportunity for the GOP to present their ideas. All Obama would say was something like "it's something to think about". I don't ever recall him saying "good idea". Somebody put a timer on the speakers. Guess what? Even though there were basically the same number of Demos and GOP legislators at the meeting, Demos were given the floor to talk about 3/4 of the time...and Barry took up about 3/4 of that time. So don't call it bullshit. The bullshit is the 2500 page Obamacare legislation. A fucking monkey at a keyboard could have done better.

Once again, bull-fuckin'-shit.

Obama did not run any committees. He is the Executive. The Congress makes the laws. Need you a refresher in civics?

The GOP chose to either vote NO or not add anything to the discussion. The changes from the original were misguided bait to get the GOP to participate (a weak-dicked idea from the Dems). They chose not to. Not the Dems fault. Need I go to the Thomas Register and bring out the minutes of the committee meetings???? It is all public record.

You are obviously full of shit if you think Obama had anything -- save non-binding suggestions -- to do with the bill, until the final sign-off. Back to school for you!

They were invited to participate a 1' date='000 times. Fuckin' pussy Obama practically sucked their cocks to get them to the table. And gave in to ANYTHING the GOP wanted, hence such a crappy bill. And the GOP still stayed home.

[/quote']

I happened to watch the TV coverage (live) of the big healthcare pow-wow organised and orchestrated by Obama. Fucking joke. It was supposed to be an opportunity for the GOP to present their ideas. All Obama would say was something like "it's something to think about". I don't ever recall him saying "good idea". Somebody put a timer on the speakers. Guess what? Even though there were basically the same number of Demos and GOP legislators at the meeting, Demos were given the floor to talk about 3/4 of the time...and Barry took up about 3/4 of that time. So don't call it bullshit. The bullshit is the 2500 page Obamacare legislation. A fucking monkey at a keyboard could have done better.

Once again, bull-fuckin'-shit.

Before claiming BS, this stuff should be very easy to cite from known sources including C-Span.

Yet I dont see where anyone has found it or your counter claims.

(I have not looked as I think both of you are missing the big picture and focused on minute matters of order. ("Order" as in "Robert's Rules of Order"))

...Need I go to the Thomas Register and bring out the minutes of the committee meetings???? It is all public record.

LK...civics lession from YOU? Now, that is rich! Yes, please, cite me where in the "Thomas Register" I can read the minutes of the committee meetings. PLEASE. Unless you're looking for a manufacturing source for more- effective bullshit spreaders, I suggest that you try the "Congressional Register" first. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl: (Back to Matchbook U for you, son.)

HH

Don't hold your breath. No reason to provide personal information and I doubt if my answer would satisfy those who disagree with me. However, I congratulate you on your good fortune and hope that it continues. Just hope some drunk driver without insurance doesn't send you into a wheelchair.

:beer:

HH

I don't think you realize the repercussions of the 1099 fiasco.

If I buy gas, I would have to send out a 1099 to the gas station. If I buy some jewelery in Bangkok, I would be expected to send out a 1099. Ascertaining an EIN from either business would be an almost impossibility.

This truly was a crazy law. I am glad it looks like this crap is being repealed.