Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Thanks, HH (although you did implicitly promise me an answer after I answered first;I guess being a man of your word isn't high on your list, or stretching the truth by saying you were a professional umpire). Actually, living in Mexifornia, you would have a much better chance of an uninsured mexican hitting your car than I would in Kansas.

Edited by Guest

No, no, no...re-read the thread. I NEVER promised anything ! You were the one who made a promise and proceeded to lay out your (non)health history, etc. You promised that you would do so upon the condition that I answer your questions. I never responded to that.

I don't mind you (or anybody) disagreeing with me, but I'm not fond of somebody saying that I broke a promise.

Oh, BTW, would you like to see copies of my Uniform Baseball Umpire contracts? They are all signed by league presidents and have my name on them. (Where is the "get f--ced" smilie, anybody?)

HH

LK...civics lession from YOU? Now, that is rich! Yes, please, cite me where in the "Thomas Register" I can read the minutes of the committee meetings. PLEASE. Unless you're looking for a manufacturing source for more- effective bullshit spreaders, I suggest that you try the "Congressional Register" first. :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl: (Back to Matchbook U for you, son.)

Hey, give me a break. It was 0300 and I was pissed. You know what reference I was referring to! http://thomas.loc.gov/

:neener:

HH, I hope that I'm not being too personal, but WERE YOU A LAWYER? You must be, if you construe an implied promise that narrowly. Actually, I don't give a rat's ass about your medical history, but if you think that by giving me the cost of your last medical procedure, you given me (and the world through the internet) valuable personal history about yourself, you watch too much local news and the stories about the con artists that try to take advantage of the elderly. To prove that you were an MLB umpire, just tell me what year and league to google a picture of the MLB umpires for that year. I'm sure that I can pick you out.

Edited by Guest

BKKT,

God I hate myself for this...you own a small business? If so, do you currently provide medical and or dental insurance to your employees? if so, how many and what is the cost? how will the Obama plan effect your final costs? It seems to me, from previous posts of yours, that you may be one of those effected byt "Obama Care." Please try to make sense in your reply...

McCain says a 'much more centrist' Obama 'much' easier to work with

The president has become more centrist, which makes him easier to work with, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday.

Speaking with Bloomberg Television a day after a private meeting with President Obama, McCain said he could picture working with Obama on several issues going forward.

"I think there's a number of issues we could work on together, and I think it's pretty clear that the president has really pivoted to a much more centrist position, which I think makes it much more for us easier to work with him," McCain said.

McCain said his meeting with Obama was "cordial," as his relationship with the president has always been.

"The relationship I've always had with him is cordial," McCain said. "We had strong differences on ObamaCare, on the stimulus package  and they were passionate differences  but we've always had a cordial relationship, and that's based on my respect for the office of the presidency of the United States."

Since the 2008 election, McCain has been one of Obama's biggest critics, particularly on government spending and repealing the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy barring gays from serving openly in the military. After the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), though, McCain praised Obama's speech at the memorial service for the victims of the shooting.

McCain said he thought he and Obama could work together going forward on issues like immigration reform and enhanced rescission.

McCain's meeting with Obama was their first one-on-one discussion since right after the 2008 presidential election.

Some observers have called Obama's decision to extend all the Bush tax cuts and his appointment of former JPMorganChase executive William Daley as his chief of staff signs that he is moving to the center.

Link

BKKT,

God I hate myself for this...you own a small business? If so, do you currently provide medical and or dental insurance to your employees? if so, how many and what is the cost? how will the Obama plan effect your final costs? It seems to me, from previous posts of yours, that you may be one of those effected byt "Obama Care." Please try to make sense in your reply...

I did have employees.

I had so many employees that I didn't have to work but under the Bush realm, one employee after another employee had to go. Right now it is me and my wife. We also have some people who rent from us so that helps.

Right now an individual policy is very expensive to get and to get such a policy for my wife is not worth it because the coverage is crap. Under Obamacare, good coverage would be obtainable.

As for the cost, from what I have read if you don't provide the policy the government will levy a 'fine' of about 2.5%. Now if that is based upon your net profits, that would be not much money - [color:red]a super bargain.[/color]

SO am I correct in assuming that you NEVER provided insurance to your employees when you had them? and you currently have no medical coverage?

FWIW, I am part owner of a small business in the bay area. We are eligible to purchase group health insurance through the local small business association as well as the local county chamber of commerce. You may want to look into that. I also have my regular insurance through my main employer.