Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I loved latin class because I had a great teacher but to be honest we were all nerds and there was maybe one hot girl in the latin classes. Only reason I didn't get beat up like the other kids in class was because I was a upper middlle class white suburban HS and the kids were scared of me. lol. Looked great on my college application to take latin though. Most kids had spanish, german or french.

I still think the money was the main motivator. Schools are trying to find any source of funding nowadays. It was the reason why that Oakland school tried to get the ebonics as a 2nd language thing years ago.Teachers got extra money and the school did as well if they were proficient in a 2nd language and they didn't know spanish. I'd have preferred if they actually tried to learn spanish, french or german instead of the easy route.

Money. The whole thing smacks of money.

Married GOP Congressman Sent Sexy Pictures to Craigslist Babe

Rep. Christopher Lee is a married Republican congressman serving the 26th District of New York. But when he trolls Craigslist's "Women Seeking Men" forum, he's Christopher Lee, "divorced" "lobbyist" and "fit fun classy guy." One object of his flirtation told us her story.

On the morning of Friday, January 14, a single 34-year-old woman put an ad in the "Women for Men" section of Craigslist personals. "Will someone prove to me not all CL men look like toads?" she asked, inviting "financially & emotionally secure" men to reply.

That afternoon, a man named Christopher Lee replied. He used a Gmail account that Rep. Christopher Lee has since confirmed to be his own. (It's the same Gmail account that was associated with Lee's personal Facebook account, which the Congressman deleted when we started asking questions.)

By email, Lee identified himself as a 39-year-old divorced lobbyist and sent a PG picture to the woman from the ad. (In fact, Lee is married and has one son with his wife. He's also 46.)

The woman says she cut off contact when she searched for Lee online and concluded he'd lied about his age, occupation, and marital status. Then she forwarded us the correspondence.

[color:red]Yesterday, we reached out to Rep. Lee, whose support for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and vote to reject federal abortion funding suggests a certain comfort with publicly scrutinizing others' sex lives.[/color]

A spokesman for the Congressman confirmed that the email address belonged to Lee, and that he had deleted his Facebook account because our initial inquiry had him fretting about "privacy."

Hypocrites R Us

This is kinda cool given the state of the economy.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/michelle-obama-wows-in-a-35-h-m-dress-2452062/

Michelle Obama wows in a $35 H&M dress.

She did the Matt Laur show in it. Not the first time she's publicly worn off the rack and sometimes The Gap, etc. She's a classy lady no matter what you think of Obama. I felt the same about Laura Bush as well, she seemed classy. The only first ladies I wasn't too fond of were Hillary and Nancy Reagan for different reasons obviously. Hillary was a political animal. Nancy seemed a bit of an elitist. I liked Barbara Bush at first and she made a comment or two about the state of the people in the hurricane in New Orleans I thought didn't show enough sensitivity to their plight.

Who the fark puts $39K into their baggage? Can you say, dumb azz...

Two TSA agents arrested at JFK Airport for stealing $39K from passenger's bag

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/02/16/2011-02-16_two_tsa_agents_arrested_at_jfk_airport_for_stealing_39k_from_passengers_bag.html

I am surprised it got reported. Anything over $10,000 is fair game.