Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

So This is America': Veteran Ray McGovern Bloodied and Arrested At Clinton Speech

by Partnership for Civil Justice

From the Partnership for Civil Justice:

As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her speech at George Washington University yesterday condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression, 71-year-old Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes, brutalized and left bleeding in jail. She never paused speaking. When Secretary Clinton began her speech, Mr. McGovern remained standing silently in the audience and turned his back. Mr. McGovern, a veteran Army officer who also worked as a C.I.A. analyst for 27 years, was wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt.

Blind-sided by security officers who pounced upon him, Mr. McGovern remarked, as he was hauled out the door, "So this is America?" Mr. McGovern is covered with bruises, lacerations and contusions inflicted in the assault.

Mr. McGovern is being represented by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). "It is the ultimate definition of lip service that Secretary of State Clinton would be trumpeting the U.S. government's supposed concerns for free speech rights and this man would be simultaneously brutalized and arrested for engaging in a peaceful act of dissent at her speech," stated attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard of the PCJF.

Mr. McGovern now works for Tell the Word, a publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Saviour in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ My29YT1T4R4

I'm no big fan of Hillary. She's a political opportunist. However, in her defense, its not up to her to determine who or what is a threat. Its what we pay secret service for. You don't interrupt your speech. You go on and ignore the person. That's what anyone is supposed to do. Take away the power of any protester and ignore them.

The problem is an overreaction from law enforcement. In this day and age its understandable to be wary of any one who would do what this guy did but it has to be tempered with respect for our civic liberties.

We haven't had freedom for decades. At least freedom from what we understand it to be. It started with Hoover's FBI who litterally spied on citizens. Brazenly. While we were all decrying secret police actions in the USSR we had our own version.

Post Hoover, we still have domestic spying in the person of the super computer echelon that reads our emails and even the mail is not deemed private any longer. There is no expectation of privacy for that at all. There is an electronic profile of all of us from various corporations, websites and the like that the government can and does create a fairly good description of our lives from if need be.

We all believe we live in an America that does NOT exist. Perhaps never really existed for close to a hundred years.

Edited by Guest

The Federal Budget looks like a walking landmine field.

The amount for Health and Human Services, Social Security and the money the Treasury dishes out just happens to be what the country brings in from all sources - 2.2 trillion dollars. We are spending far more then what we bring in and our accumulative debt load now is up to 14 trillion.

Our numbers seem to match up nicely in proportion to Germany's figures in 1920.

Purely coincidental that I saw two stories of interest that are black related. I checked my calender and its Februrary so I'll call it my Black History month contribution to this forum. :nahnah:

Now, this is rediculous that Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas hasn't uttered a word in oral arguments going on 5 years. Whether one agrees with his politics or not, its a travesty. The court is the last chance for justice. He really should place a higher respect on that august body.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20110221/pl_yblog_newsroom/the-fast-fix-a-judge-of-few-words

The 'blackest' surname in America is Washington. My guess for 2nd is Robinson. Ironically, there are a fair number of us named White...lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110221/ap_on_re_us/us_the_blackest_name

Seattle Business Refuses To Serve TSA Agents

A Seattle cafe has sensationally banned TSA workers from entering its business premises, refusing service as a consequence of the odious reputation the agency has required in the aftermath of a nationwide revolt against invasive pat down procedures and naked body scanners...

http://www.infowars.com/seattle-business-refuses-to-serve-tsa-agents/