Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

No... I'm saying you obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

But as obviously you have a clue' date=' would you mind explaining the numbers then ?

BB[/quote']

Sure. Governments dont work like normal people do, so you can not compare the two which is what you are doing.

The US has been a debtor nation since the beginning. And it almost always will be as long as it has to pay to defend the rest of you. The thing is, push comes to shove, that debt is just paper and can be nullified with the stroke of a pen.

Again, nation states dont work by the same rules the rest of us have to. Just ask China.

But as obviously you have a clue' date=' would you mind explaining the numbers then ?

BB[/quote']

Sure. Governments dont work like normal people do, so you can not compare the two which is what you are doing.

The US has been a debtor nation since the beginning. And it almost always will be as long as it has to pay to defend the rest of you. The thing is, push comes to shove, that debt is just paper and can be nullified with the stroke of a pen.

Again, nation states dont work by the same rules the rest of us have to. Just ask China.

In 1835 the USA government was in debt for $33,733.05.

I would say the government back then was very responsible in lowering her debt. 19 years prior, in 1816, the debt had grown to $127,334,933.74.

Fortunately for us our elected officials in just 19 years had reduced the debt burden accurred from the War of 1812 from [color:red]$127 million[/color] to [color:red]$34 thousand dollars[/color]. These government officials did a fantastic job in handling their fiscal responsibility!

Governments, especially our own government, should realize that if we fight a war we have to pay (dearly) for the cost of the war.

Germany in 1920 had similar debt ratios as the USA has today. They decided to print more money. It didn't work.

Governments don't operate like businesses..... but they should!

And it almost always will be as long as it has to pay to defend the rest of you.

The Arrogance of that quote

FUCK OFF HOME YANKIES we didn't ask for or need you intervention

Gung Ho Assholes

You should be more pissed off at the truth of it.

I am.

I would love an isolationist America.

BB[/quote']

So can I say you actually believe it is wise for a government to spend 50% more then they take in and to accumulate one of the largest debts the world has ever seen?

Being you have a 'clue' I guess this will not be a difficult answer for you. :hubba:

So can I say you actually believe it is wise for a government to spend 50% more then they take in and to accumulate one of the largest debts the world has ever seen?

Being you have a 'clue' I guess this will not be a difficult answer for you.

It's not. Just takes a look at world economics from a non-reactionary position over the past say 2 centuries.

But you also have to temper that look with the knowledge rules that you and I have to follow as private citizens do not and have never applied to nation states.

Note: I never said it was wise. I just said it is done and is not "very unstable." Try to look at it from the other side. What would be the benefit from the US owing the world a lot of money.... (Take a bit to think about it. I'll tell you if you need me to, but I bet you can see it after a few mins... if that long!)

And it almost always will be as long as it has to pay to defend the rest of you.

The Arrogance of that quote

FUCK OFF HOME YANKIES we didn't ask for or need you intervention

Gung Ho Assholes

...we would go home but we are broke! we spent all our bucks pissing all around the world!

(not exactly true, but getting close to be true, IMO)

<< I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents." >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket

<< Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. ... He is one of 19 people to twice receive the Medal of Honor, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal and the Medal of Honor, and the only person to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

In his 1935 book War is a Racket, he described the workings of the military-industrial complex and, after retiring from service, became a popular speaker at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists and church groups in the 1930s. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Of course, it's different now. :hmmm: