Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

And it almost always will be as long as it has to pay to defend the rest of you.

Mekong beat me to it.....it is indeed a very arrogant and totally clueless quote.....

Its not about defending the rest of us, its all about business....

But thanks for the though :beer:

BB

So can I say you actually believe it is wise for a government to spend 50% more then they take in and to accumulate one of the largest debts the world has ever seen?

Being you have a 'clue' I guess this will not be a difficult answer for you.

It's not. Just takes a look at world economics from a non-reactionary position over the past say 2 centuries.

But you also have to temper that look with the knowledge rules that you and I have to follow as private citizens do not and have never applied to nation states.

Note: I never said it was wise. I just said it is done and is not "very unstable." Try to look at it from the other side. What would be the benefit from the US owing the world a lot of money.... (Take a bit to think about it. I'll tell you if you need me to' date=' but I bet you can see it after a few mins... if that long!)[/quote']

Are you trying to say we should borrow a lot more money?

Or would you say we would be in a lot better shape as a nation if we hadn't borrow any money and hadn't spent all the money we borrowed from the Social Security and Medicare funds?

It is. The military Industry complex cant fight (or hold a candle to) the Media which only makes money when it exposes it.

That is they beauty of the current system. Everyone is out to get the evil do'er. So they dont last very long.

The military complex can't fight, but it sure can line the pockets of politicians.

The "evil do'ers" seem to do quite well. They don't need to last very long to make financial killings. And even when exposed, they seem to be able to continue to get contracts with the Government after paying "fines" or bullshit "rebates".

40 years ago I was meeting with an investigator with the Dept. of Defense. He was quite a character. He handed me a buiness card with about FOUR different seals on it. LOL. As I recall, one seal was from the old Dept. of War. He asked me if I noticed anything strange on the seal. I looked, but really didn't notice anything peculiar (though i had not seen the seal before). Then he pointed out the eagle on the seal. Placed above and below the extended wings of the eagle, in very, very small letters, were "W", "I", "G", and "B". He asked me if I knew what that stood for. He didn't give me a chance to think about it. "War Is Good Business".

War IS good business. Lots of employment, lots profits, lots of opportunity for graft; profiteering. And when the fighting is over, of course, lots of "rebuilding".

HH

Mekong beat me to it.....it is indeed a very arrogant and totally clueless quote.....

Its not about defending the rest of us, its all about business....

BB

I think this topic needs a thread of its own. Should it start with a quick overview of history of the world since 1900?

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?fid/41/tid/540065/pid/882112/post/last/#LAST

Try to be civil.

Are you trying to say we should borrow a lot more money?

No. Re read what I wrote. And again' date=' I know it is hard to do, but try NOT to think of it like your personal financial decisions. These are nation states.[/quote']

Borrowing from China, Japan, Brazil, UK, Russia, Switzerland, etc. sounds like a good political tactic. Having China as our banker keeps the Chinesse of our back and keeps them as our 'friend' but this type of policy is not very wise.

The money the USA collects from revenue is exactly what the government spends for Health and Human Services, Social Security and the Treasury.

The money we borrow is used to run the rest of the Federal government.

If we hadn't borrowed and mismanaged money so badly, instead of going into debt each year as the world's greatest debtor nation, [color:red]we could have been operating in the black with a 35% less tax burden on the people. [/color]

Edited by Guest

Its not about defending the rest of us' date=' its all about business....

BB

[/quote']

I think this topic needs a thread of its own. Should it start with a quick overview of history of the world since 1900?

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?fid/41/tid/540065/pid/882112/post/last/#LAST

Try to be civil.

Civil ? I was not civil ?

Thats double arrogance :)

:beer:

BB

Its not about defending the rest of us' date=' its all about business....

BB

[/quote']

Try to be civil.

Civil ? I was not civil ?

Thats double arrogance :)

:beer:

BB

I never said you weren't. (But Mekong sure was not.)