Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'm too lazy to go look - was there anything about Wisconsin here?

Very interesting. I went from coming from 100 percent pro union background (pops, granddad, most uncles worked in the steel mills - Chicago/Gary), to migrating to California and experiencing some of the shittier sides of unions as corrupt political institutions.

I'm not sure what Walker did was a bad thing. Don't know.

47% of US workers pay zero federal income tax. Cheaters?

No, their income is below the stated poverty level.

Ya, let's cut the wages from the few middle class left.

Those greedy bastards. They want a wage above the poverty level. Greedy bastards them all.

Let them eat cake !

Wrong. 47% of citizens pay zero federal income tax...not 47% of "workers". And it isn't because their income is below the stated poverty level...it IS NOT below the "poverty" level.

Look it up. "Google is your friend".

HH

I'm too lazy to go look - was there anything about Wisconsin here?

Very interesting. I went from coming from 100 percent pro union background (pops' date=' granddad, most uncles worked in the steel mills - Chicago/Gary), to migrating to California and experiencing some of the shittier sides of unions as corrupt political institutions.

I'm not sure what Walker did was a bad thing. Don't know.[/quote']

Ya, let's cut the wages from the few middle class left.

Those greedy bastards. They want a wage above the poverty level. Greedy bastards them all.

Let them eat cake !

When it comes to paying taxes, if a person can come up with enough deductions they might not owe any taxes.

I do't think the government can break it down by groups as to who really is paying taxes and how much. For example, how much taxes do Republicans or State employees pay to the Federal government.

Google it yourself.

That 47% do not make enough in income to actually pay federal income tax.

That's a fact, Jack !

You can dance :elephant: scream and holler :cussing: and and argue :cussing: all you want.

Facts are facts.

Q5Qwtv5hCBk

GW understood facts.

Google it yourself.

That 47% do not make enough in income to actually pay federal income tax.

That's a fact, Jack !

You can dance :elephant: scream and holler :cussing: and and argue :cussing: all you want.

Facts are facts. .

I agree. But you said the 47% don't pay federal income taxes because they are below the poverty level. And that ain't correct.

HH

P.S. Would somebody here please instruct Unit731 on how to "google"?

WTF?!

ATM fees are on the rise at some of the country's biggest banks.

Chase, for example, is testing out $5 fees for non-customers. That means if you stumble upon a Chase on your way to dinner and decide to take out 20 bucks, you'll pay a 25% fee. And that doesn't even include what your own bank charges you for going out of network, which is typically around $3.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Want-cash-from-an-ATM-Pay-a-5-cnnm-2010047842.html?x=0

Imagine that. The past 30 years the GOP has promoted this mega-company thing with unfettered free-market theories (and simply ignoring or repealing any anti-trust or monoploy laws). Well, that's what happens: just like in Teddy R's day, the near-monopolies get greedy because they can. Natural fallout of bad policy...

What are you gonna do about it? Six banks control 70% of the banking in the USA. If they wanna charge you $20, you'll have little choice but to suck it up.

P.S. Would somebody here please instruct Unit731 on how to "google"?

Hmmmm.

No offense U7.

No Wisconsin discussion eh? Suppose I'm a little late. My own experience with Nursing Unions over the past few years has soured me (promotion of apathy, greed, adverse effects on patient care -- not to mention that in Scal there are several different nurse unions that actually fight each other and create problems when one facility is short-staff and another has surplus).

Many unions strike me as being just as greedy/corrupt as those 'evil' corporate entities they posit themselves against, posing as champions of good against evil exploitation while conveniently removing themselves from oversight or criticism in the process. There's a need for safety nets, but unions need to evolve and stop being part of the problem.

Just saying. :)