Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obama hot mic gaffe; talks about his true feelings about Repubs, etc. I thought it would be much worse frankly when I read the headline. Expected some expletive deletives.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110415/ts_yblog_theticket/obama-caught-on-audio-slamming-gop

"I said, 'You want to repeal health care? Go at it. We'll have that debate. But you're not going to be able to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget. You think we're stupid?'" the president said.

Obama also complained about GOP attempts to attach a bill to the resolution to fund the government that would defund women's health services provider Planned Parenthood.

"Put it in a separate bill," the president said he told House Speaker John Boehner and his staff, CBS reported. "We'll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it. But don't try to sneak this through."

The president also made clear he is no fan of Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), the GOP's Budget Committee chairman.

"When Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure... he's just being America's accountant and trying to be responsible-- this is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my health care bill--but wasn't paid for," Obama said.

With regards to the birther thingy. What's a Hawaii birth certificate supposed to look like anyway and wouldn't he have to show one in grade school? Every state has its own birth certificate its not standardized in all 50 states.

I assume he had has had a U.S. passport since childhood since he spent part of his schooling overseas. He'd need that or a naturalized citizen certificate to get one wouldn't he? Its never been an issue before in his public life. It would have be a family secret that was guarded from birth so the question begs why do it in the first place?

What would have been the big deal back then if he was born in Kenya and brought to the U.S.? He could easily become a citizen if he wasn't already by the citizenship rules at the time?

If its a replacement, those things get lost all the time. Hell, I'm not sure I still have mine. My parents should have it but I am not too sure. Also, how do you get a replacement without the state being certain you were born there in the first place?

It all smacks of the conspiracy theories about Clinton ordered killings of people in the '90s.

With regards to the budget, BOTH parties spend too much money. I know the Dems will spend but at least I know what they'll spend it on. The Republicans spend when they are in and lately its been wars, defense and the difference is I don't know exactly what they'll spend it on. They always seem to be thrifty when the Dems are in power but they spend as much or more when they're in power. Its why I lost faith in them. They don't do what their party platform says and add in the fact the social conservatism stuff from having too many religious zealots in the party. I am no fan of the Dems normally and like my Dems centrist but as it stands I'll go with them.

If the Republicans get smart and show some love to Ron Paul, I'm back in. Till then its all noise to me. I may not agree on Ron Paul on everything but he's got integrity. He appears to be a person that won't be a tool of the powers that be. His more conroversial ideas will never see the light of day.

<< I assume he had has had a U.S. passport since childhood since he spent part of his schooling overseas. He'd need that or a naturalized citizen certificate to get one wouldn't he? Its never been an issue before in his public life. It would have be a family secret that was guarded from birth so the question begs why do it in the first place? >>

There is one bizarre thing that is verifiable. The Prez's school records from Indonesia list him as Barry Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen (and a Muslim). Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship. The presumption is that little Barack (or his mama) gave up his US citizenship so that he could go to school and was using an Indonesian passport, if any. It is strange, to say the least. Whether the Prez remains a natural born citizen or not is something for the lawyers to fight over.

Meanwhile, there are other odd things about him. No wonder the conspiracy folks love him.

fOrQAZG0q1E&feature=share