Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

... In my opinion he's governed as a centrist for the most part. No crime but its not far enough progressive enough for some Dems and he's the wrong party for Repubs. My question is would the Republicans be any different? ...

Time out for a minute or two while I stop convulsing with laughter. .........Okay' date=' while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, you need to stop "listening" to what Obama says and analyze what he actually does/promotes. You need to consider his entire history. If you think that tigers will change their stripes...that's another story and there's no hope for you. 55555 Of course the GOP would do things differently...particularly with economic and social issues on the home front. With respect to foreign policy, I'm quite certain the GOP would rather have the world "afraid" of the U.S. than have it the laughing stock of the planet...and that is just what Obama (our Nobel Peace Prize winner) has created. Everybody loves a kinder, more gentle U.S.A. They will continue to do so until one day they wake up and find their tits in a wringer and send out an SOS.

HH[/quote']

I find Obama a disappointment and won't vote at all in the next election, but not for the reasons you cite Hugh. The maintaining of troops in Afghanistan (which I don't support), the maintaining of Gitmo (don't support), Libya (ehhh), killing Bin Laden (do support, but think it's much ado about nada beyond symbolism) -- all of these things don't jive with the 'wimp' portrait you draw.

Sometimes wimp ain't bad. And you want to talk about laughingstock of the world, we really don't need to walk back a few years eh? I'd still take Obama over Bush -- but if the right had a decent guy/girl... hey.

Republicans are fucking up a lot though. They're putting nobody out there who will draw anyone but their hardcore folks. Hell, those people would vote for a piece of dog poop if it was the conservative candidate. Getting their support means nothing. But the other folks, they're just saying: WTF.

Still a ways to go, but it's not looking good for 2012 right now - re: conservatives. Not the way it could.

... In my opinion he's governed as a centrist for the most part. No crime but its not far enough progressive enough for some Dems and he's the wrong party for Repubs. My question is would the Republicans be any different? ...

Time out for a minute or two while I stop convulsing with laughter. .........Okay' date=' while you are certainly entitled to your opinion, you need to stop "listening" to what Obama says and analyze what he actually does/promotes. You need to consider his entire history. If you think that tigers will change their stripes...that's another story and there's no hope for you. 55555 Of course the GOP would do things differently...particularly with economic and social issues on the home front. With respect to foreign policy, I'm quite certain the GOP would rather have the world "afraid" of the U.S. than have it the laughing stock of the planet...and that is just what Obama (our Nobel Peace Prize winner) has created. Everybody loves a kinder, more gentle U.S.A. They will continue to do so until one day they wake up and find their tits in a wringer and send out an SOS.

HH[/quote']

I find Obama a disappointment and won't vote at all in the next election, but not for the reasons you cite Hugh. The maintaining of troops in Afghanistan (which I don't support), the maintaining of Gitmo (don't support), Libya (ehhh), killing Bin Laden (do support, but think it's much ado about nada beyond symbolism) -- all of these things don't jive with the 'wimp' portrait you draw.

Sometimes wimp ain't bad. And you want to talk about laughingstock of the world, we really don't need to walk back a few years eh? I'd still take Obama over Bush -- but if the right had a decent guy/girl... hey.

Republicans are fucking up a lot though. They're putting nobody out there who will draw anyone but their hardcore folks. Hell, those people would vote for a piece of dog poop if it was the conservative candidate. Getting their support means nothing. But the other folks, they're just saying: WTF.

Still a ways to go, but it's not looking good for 2012 right now - re: conservatives. Not the way it could.

Hiya HH! How ya doing?! I know you see him as much far left than I do. One of my brothers (and I have several) is a staunch, conservative and says I've become a pinko red commie (he speaks in threes)..lol. I've lost my faith in both parties. I am not happy with a lot of what Obama "hasn't done" than with what he has done.

Dave, you echo a lot of my feeling. He's NOT done some things I thought he'd do.

The world hasn't feared us for a while I think and second, I'm not so sure I want them to. I'm not saying we should be pussies but I don't think we should be in some parts of the world. Its not our job. And its a thankless job. We get shit for it. Lets spend that money at home. Its sorely needed.

...Republicans are fucking up a lot though. They're putting nobody out there who will draw anyone but their hardcore folks. Hell, those people would vote for a piece of dog poop if it was the conservative candidate.

If the Republicans are fucking up a lot, please explain. Seems last November that a good part of the voting citizenry mandated a "change" that could be "believed in". That is, they wanted to derail the Obama agenda to further expand the Federal government and keep spending $$$ like the Russians are across the river. Further, I predict that not just conservatives will come out in droves to attempt to defeat Obama, but a lot of independents will do so also. That is, they will want to vote for a piece of dog poop before they vote for Obama. (Not surprisingly, I'll be one of them. 5555555555)

HH

CS...doin' okay, thanks. :content:

Nobody is ever entirely happy with a President; no question. Even if he/she? was somebody they voted for. Yeah...one of your brothers is right. 5555555555555 I, too, think we exercise to much effort in some parts of the planet; agree, we don't get shit in return. (A simple birthday card might be nice. 5555555555) For instance, Afghanistan. Why did we go in there? Cuz the "ghans" were hosting Bin Laden and his troops and the "ghans" wouldn't kick em out. Ok...go in and do your best to get rid of bin Laden, et. al. and get the "f" out. The last thing we need to be doing is "building democracies". OMG! I don't give a flying "F" about Gadaffy as long as he ain't bothering me (for instance). Same, same, Syria/Egypt. And here is Barry pronoucing that all these MF's "must go". Who/what does Barry think he is with these pious decrees? (Nevermind, we all know he's The One who would sweet talk all the trouble-makers after his election. I almost forgot. 55555555555555)

HH

CS...doin' okay, thanks. :content:

Nobody is ever entirely happy with a President; no question. Even if he/she? was somebody they voted for. Yeah...one of your brothers is right. 5555555555555 I, too, think we exercise to much effort in some parts of the planet; agree, we don't get shit in return. (A simple birthday card might be nice. 5555555555) [color:red]For instance, Afghanistan. Why did we go in there? Cuz the "ghans" were hosting Bin Laden and his troops and the "ghans" wouldn't kick em out.[/color] Ok...go in and do your best to get rid of bin Laden, et. al. and get the "f" out. The last thing we need to be doing is "building democracies". OMG! I don't give a flying "F" about Gadaffy as long as he ain't bothering me (for instance). Same, same, Syria/Egypt. And here is Barry pronoucing that all these MF's "must go". Who/what does Barry think he is with these pious decrees? (Nevermind, we all know he's The One who would sweet talk all the trouble-makers after his election. I almost forgot. 55555555555555)

HH

Only one man ever captured Geronimo and he did it without firing a shot and without the assistance of the military.

Honestly, do you think we needed the military to invade Afghanastan to captuare or kill Bin Laden?