Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Judge has harsh words for Mom before sentencing her for spanking her kid

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (CBS) -- A judge in Corpus Christi, Texas had some harsh words for a mother charged with spanking her own child before sentencing her to probation.

"You don't spank children today," said Judge Jose Longoria. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children."

Rosalina Gonzales had pleaded guilty to a felony charge of injury to a child for what prosecutors had described as a "pretty simple, straightforward spanking case." They noted she didn't use a belt or leave any bruises, just some red marks.

As part of the plea deal, Gonzales will serve five years probation, during which time she'll have to take parenting classes, follow CPS guidelines, and make a $50 payment to the Children's Advocacy Center.

She was arrested back in December after the child's paternal grandmother noticed red marks on the child's rear end. The grandmother took the girl, who was two years-old at the time, to the hospital to be checked out.

Gonzales who doesn't have custody of the child or her other two children, is trying to get them back, but until CPS feels she is ready the kids are living with their paternal grandmother.

Link

HH has been asking for the progressives (libtards?) to come back out to play...so let me begin by "sticking my head back up" as we gear up towards the next elections.

Missed you guys in the US politics forum...and I think the reason the GOP are surging in the polls right now is that there are somewhere between 10 and 20 of them all in the news ganging up on our President while he really hasn't started campaigning. With the economy as it is and the level of hate speak out there from the right...I would be a little nervous of I were a right-y that they aren't much further ahead. Once Obama joins the battle and gets his extremely potent campaign machine going, those polls could change quickly.

The GOP field is a tough one for them...because there are no great candidates...they all have major problems either with their base or the independants. Romney, the frontrunner, seems to be hated by everybody who knows him...and whle most Republicans aren'r religeous nutjobs...most religeous nutjobs are Republicans...how many of them will sit home than elect a "cultist" Mormon? One who was the architect of the heavily demonized health care plan that eventually became known to the righties as "Obamacare"

But the others are so much worse. It is almost funny to watch the press not say a negative word about the likes of Bachmann and Santorum because it will be so much fun to show how extreme (insame?) they really are, if they make it to the next level.

Only Pawlenty seems likeable enough at this point...but not the most exciting guy in the world...would he wilt next to the rock star he'd be going up against?

Gingrich is already toast, Palin is more a joke than last time, and Cain, the pizza man...well, again most GOP'ers arent racist...but most racist's are GOP'ers. Plus, the gambit that he would pull the black vote from Obama would work about as well as last time when they thought Palin would pull the women from the Dem's. Of course, there's also Huntsman (who?) and Perry...he the man who recently contemplated having Texas suceed from the union. That should go over well with independants (heavy on sarcasm) Plus, they don't seem to have any plans other than going back to what worked so well under GW Bush (even heavier on sarcasm)

On the positive side (to my way of thinking) Obama can point to:

Killed bin Laden (Bush couldn't do it in seven)

Job growth in each of the last 15 months (and counting)

Universal heathcare (he can trot out people who've actually been helped by the law such as restrictions on carriers denying coverage for preexisting conditions and say "what happened to the death panels the GOP kept talking about...guess they were lying to you again"

There is the defense against Ryan's push to end Medicare for future seniors (namely me)

Other things pointing to an Obama second term...all those young voters who turned out for him can be joined by another generation of first time voters.

...a hugely surging population of Latino's who are frightened by the Republican governors in Arizons snd other states may turn out even more hevily for Obama.

...teachers and union workers who are being attacked all over the country by the right will be even more motivated to stop this tilt to the right.

..and so much more to come...

Enjoy yourself now HH, because when the battle is truly joined things maybe looking quite a bit different.

As fir me, I'll be your huckleberry...

Edited by Guest

As fir me, I'll be your huckleberry...

Dave...thanks for your analysis. I'm stunned that any of you would reply...especially with such a long dissertation.

FYI, Barry has been campaining for at least 6 years. He never stopped after his election and he continues to do so. His latest campaign stop was in Puerto Rico this week, though those folks can't vote. Only reason one can think of: he was pandering to the total Hispanic citizenship who can vote.

More and more of likely voters will NOT vote for Barry next time around. (According to a poll(S) I've seen.) The reason it's been 11 r 12 against The One is easily attributed to the number of fine, qualified moderates and conservatives who feel that they could do a better job. Shit, I'm surprised it isn't at least 10,000 to one. :content:

The bin Laden operation will be a mere footnote in the campaign. With more and more people losing their homes, the private sector unwilling to hire due to uncertainties created by Barry and his comrades, the rising debt created by Barry and his congressional brain-trusts, I'm getting more and more skeptical that Barry will have the opportunity to fuck over the country after next year. More and more libtards have seen the light and will not come out in the next election. On the other hand, those who have seen Barry for what he is and isn't will come out in droves. LONG LIVE THE TEA PARTY 1

(I'm hoping that Rogueyam will come back in the next year and contribute his thoughtful and precise analysis' and comments.

:content:

Thanks again.

HH

Seems to me Hugh, from my enlightened perspective, that a lot of people just won't vote. The promised Obama changes were not forthcoming and the Tea Party looks like a bunch of angry nuts. A moderate Republican, if there is such a thing, may have a chance.

Seems to me Hugh, from my enlightened perspective, that a lot of people just won't vote. The promised Obama changes were not forthcoming and the Tea Party looks like a bunch of angry nuts.

The current GOP candidates are either wingnuts, losers, or completely incompetent, or even all three together. Does anybody really believes that they can win over the center and the independents?

For sure. You seem to have forgotten the mid-term election results. :neener:

(BTW, the independents have already abandoned Barry and more will do so.)

Barry made so many promises that he can't keep, that only homos who want to join the military will vote for him again....and those on the dole.

HH

Edited by Guest

For sure. You seem to have forgotten the mid-term election results. :neener:

(BTW, the independents have already abandoned Barry and more will do so.)

Barry made so many promises that he can't keep, that only homos who want to join the military will vote for him again....and those on the dole.

HH

Defeating the Dems in the midterm elections and defeating Obama are two very different matters, especially since the GOP can't offer an alternative to him.

But I guess you know this anyway.