Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I completely understand that people hate seeing those sagging jeans. I get that. My dad would've not allowed us to do it if it had been popular when I was a kid. I'm sure of it (said my jheri curl looked like I was tyring to be a girl...lol...my Mom thought it was cute that saved it).

However, my issue is that the airline folks have their own subjective standard. Some of you may applaud not having to see this guy's boxers but what's next? Too many piercings or piercings in the wrong areas (lips, nose, eyebrows, tongue, etc.) or tattoos. The amounts of tattoos, the type of tattoos. You may not be able to wear that 'Good boys go to Heaven but bad boys go to Pattaya' t shirt because its offensive to some chick (you know it would have to be a chick). See where I'm going with this? All too often we want someone elses personal style that we don't like to be against the law or against regulations in some public place. Part of the freedom in America is having to put up with bad taste (a NY Yankees, Boston Celtics, Manchester United or Tottenham shirt is excluded though, THOSE really do need to be banned....I'm serious).

"Marman's mother, Donna Doyle, told the newspaper that her son had attended a funeral for one of his high school teammates and he was still in an emotionally raw state."

So emotional that he couldn't pull up his pants?

They should've pumped a couple of rounds in his ass and then he'd remember to keep it covered. :up:

Steve....Politicians have always had special interests in mind. I differ, however, on the GOP not being a great alternative. Okay, maybe not "great" as in wonderful, but [color:red]"great" in the sense that the "visions" of the liberal demoncrats could not be further from the visions of most of the voting public.[/color] (65% of those polled have said that the country is being led in the wrong direction.) Rightfully, the Demoncrats should scare you more in terms of economic issues. And they have demonstrated exactly why. But in terms of civil liberties, they should also scare you more. Flash posted a list of states that are the most oppressive in terms of individual freedom. The top three were ALL the victims of liberal Demoncrat rule. Just look at the crap that comes out of the City of SFO. (No Happy Meals with toys; no circumcision; harboring illegal aliens (sactuary city). SFO is the center of Hell, IMO. (And, not coincidently, a keystone of today's Demoncrap Party. And I'm not even mentioning the invasiveness of the TSA under this administration.

Hardly anybody in office comes without some kind of "baggage". That Obama was elected pulling a baggage cart was most disheartening. I don't think the 'religious right" will have as much influence this time around as last. I look to see the T Party having a much bigger influence. They will nail Obama big time on his economic failures and follies. And let's face it, the first time a Demoncrap tries to lay all this crap on GWB 4 years into Barry's administration, it won't be shrugged off; it will be laughed at.

CW...Much of what Paul has said has made a lot of sense to me. Unfortunately, he speaks the truth...the worst thing a politician can do (apparently).

HH

What did Obama do wrong?

Didn't he renew GWB's tax cuts for the rich?

Didn't he bail out Wall Street and the auto industry based upon what GWB had put in motion?

African-American unemployment at 16 percent

(CBS News) The economy and jobs will be big issues in Washington again this coming week.

While unemployment among the general population is about 9.1 percent, it's at 16.2 percent African Americans, and a bit higher still for African American males.

CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller reports that, historically, the unemployment rate for African Americans has always been higher than the national average. However, now it's at Depression-era levels. The most recent figures show African American joblessness at 16.2 percent. For black males, it's at 17.5 percent; And for black teens, it's nearly 41 percent. :surprised:

For some, it's crunch time at STRIVE, a job training program in East Harlem, where instructors use drill sergeant-like techniques. They teach job-seekers to correct their mistakes by fining them a quarter each time they make them.

For young men of color, especially black males in New York City, things are especially bad.

According to the think tank, the Community Service Society, 34 percent of New York's young black men age 19 to 24 are not working.

"If you haven't connected with the world of work by the age of 25, it's a permanent problem for the rest of your career," says David Johns with the Community Service Society.

Christopher Scott, 20 and a high school drop-out, got a GED last year, but he hasn't been able to find a job ever since.

"It makes me feel degraded in a way 'cause at 20, I should be more independent," Scott says.

For those with less than a college education, finding a job alone isn't the answer. Even if they secure employment, it's often below minimum wage, and in places like New York City, it's barely enough to survive.

Jermaine Christian, currently working as a restaurant busboy, graduated from one of the top high schools in the city in 2010. He can't afford college, so after searching for a year now, he works for $5.50 per hour.

"I became more or less desperate and took anything I could find," Christian says.

Job counselors say part of the problem is that high schools aren't teaching marketable skills.

"Unless you have a skill coming out of high school, in this society, in this economy, you will not be able to find a job," Johns says.

Even so, in this climate, where jobs are scarce, even having a real skill is still no guarantee of a job.

Link