Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

My theory, and I have no more information than just an above average drunk in a bar. With a BG. Hopefully way more above average than I am drunk, but I am pretty drunk.

The business community is not freaking. Wall Street hasn't been freaking. Your stocks did good this week, right? What that tells you is that the fix is in. The pols are playing their games. There will be something at the last minute. Coming from the Senate. That gives the tea-baggers in the House a butt-covering face saver. The deal will kick the can down the road till after 2012.

If and when Wall Street starts to freak, the Repugs will fold like an accordion. But they are betting that Oprah will fold first.

Or it could go bad. Then, the only hope is that Oprah could go 14th amendment on their ass, but he doesn't have the balls. Then we are all fucked.

Edited by Guest

All according to plan. Let the USA default and the world bankers will push a new currency to be the world's reserve currency. The USA will see inflation like it has never seen before, the middle class will die, housing will go into the toilet but the bankers will cash in, IMO.

Like when Ron Paul recently questioned Burn-em-nake in a Congress hearing:

Paul: Is gold money?

Burn-em-nake: No.

Paul: Then why are all the banks hoarding gold?

Burn-em-nake: Tradition.

What an A'hole Burn-em-nake is!!!

All according to plan. Let the USA default and the world bankers will push a new currency to be the world's reserve currency. The USA will see inflation like it has never seen before, the middle class will die, housing will go into the toilet but the bankers will cash in, IMO.

Like when Ron Paul recently questioned Burn-em-nake in a Congress hearing:

Paul: Is gold money?

Burn-em-nake: No.

Paul: Then why are all the banks hoarding gold?

Burn-em-nake: Tradition.

What an A'hole Burn-em-nake is!!!

The answer doesn't make sense. I just wish Mr. and Mrs. voter would be interested.

Not sure how to just post a new topic, it quotes the previous? Anyhoo, i'll just delete it.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/range-anxiety-reducer--aaa-unveils-mobile-ev-charging-trucks-.html

Range Anxiety Reducer: AAA Unveils Mobile EV Charging Trucks

As most of you know I'd like to move away or greatly reduce our need for oil and away from an oil based economy and certainly an oil based transportation society for a couple reasons. First, it would marginalize the middle east. I think if remove the need for oil we would eliminate a need to be involved politically and militarily in the region. Also, I admit I'd love see the Saudis and the rest f'ked in terms of money. hehehe...

Also, although I'm not a green guy per se, it would be good for the environment.

For something like electric cars, if we move that way, and to remove the fear of not being able to recharge, I would allow businesses like gas stations, hotels, etc. to amorize the cost of installing one at their business. I would also have certain government places be a recharging zone be it libraries, city, state or fed offices in their parking lots, public parking structures. Certainly have rest stops along highways install them. Have recharging kiosks on the GPS systems so we all know where they are. Identify areas without them and the state and federal governments work on ways to provide areas without them recharging kiosks. Make it a goal to have a refueling kiosk every 20 or 25 miles or whatever is deemed needed. New jobs will spring from this as well.

Okay, found the 'add reply' button, needed to figure this new format out. ;-)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/A-Mr-Nader-Is-Calling-and-He-nytimes-3446500735.html

A Mr. Nader Is Calling, and He Wants a Refund

In March, Mr. Nader was scheduled to give a press conference and speech in Knoxville, Tenn. He’d bought two round-trip tickets — one for him, one for an associate — from Washington, on US Airways, for $1,380 apiece.

On the day of the event, the forecasts were for severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, and Mr. Nader decided that it was possible his flight would be canceled. So he opted to jump in his car and drive.

He made his engagements in time and incurred two $150 cancellation fees from US Airways. But he didn’t get the rest of his money back. Instead, the airline offered credits that could not be transferred and had to be used within a year. Otherwise, they would be forfeited.

Suffice it to say, this did not please Mr. Nader.

“Could any dictatorship be more efficient?†he asked the Haggler. “The airlines have been pursuing this forfeiture thing for a decade now. It’s like printing money.â€

I posted this article more about Nader himself. I never used to like him. Thouhgt he was too anti business and anti capitalism and feared if he was ever elected no companies could make money. I've gone through a metamorphasis over the years. I used to be a Gordon Gecko 'Greed is Good' type and now I've become totally distrustful of Corporate America. I want them to make money and hire people, etc. I dont want to see an environment where a business can't prosper, innovate. That still remains. However, I do think that companies are fcking us at every chance they get. I think there is a disconnect with the consumer and there is no respect for the average customer. I think the CEOs are like the President and politicians in that they are so far removed from the average person and don't live lives anything similar to us that we are viewed as sheep to them. I really do. Maybe I'm wrong. But its how I feel.

What really pisses me off is for years companies have been nickel and diming us to death and we bailed them out so that they can keep doing the same thing. Banking fees are enormous. My brother works for a bank and I knew a banking analyst at a financial firm I worked for. Analyzing the industry he said made him loathe banks. ATM fees are a big one. ATM fees he told me years ago were way out of whack. The banks lied and said it was needed for maintenence, etc. Complete BS in terms of the amount charged. Credit unions had free atm use between each other. I was part of one. I could go to a different credit union and either get money freely or it was a pittance. Banks have been trying to drive credit unions out business for years. The sad thing is credit unions are a tiny part of banking. Banks own the market but want a total monopoly. Anyway, the fees for overdraft, etc. is way, way more than the cost. Airlines are just as bad. They charge for this and that and then want a bailout and go back to doing the same thing. Nowadays charging for checked in luggage amongst other things. Frequent flier programs have been reduced where they now take away your hard earned miles if you don't use it in time.

Some supermarkets make you pay extra for bags. Cell phone companies charge little fees for all kinds of crap. You ever see your bill. The tax and fees are highway robbery. The FCC has charges for stuff that are outdated and outmoded still. Toll roads on the east coast were once for paying for the highways. They've been tolls for since the country was founded, these highways have been paid for many times over on the turnpikes on the east coast.

Everyone is in your pocket. Public parks, state and national parks charging for stuff that were once free. There is not much the average american family can do any more without spending an arm and leg or being 'fee'd' to death. You fly anywhere, the checked in luggage fees for you and your 2 kids are like the cost of another ticket. A day out at Disneyland is outrageous.

Sorry, I got off track. What do you all think about Nader? I like him now. Completely different from Paul but in those two you get two people who aren't bought and paid for by the big money.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mom-convicted-son-jaywalking-death-never-end-151356884.html

Mom convicted in son’s jaywalking death: ‘This will never end for me’

A Marietta, Ga., mom who was convicted of jaywalking after her 4-year-old son was run over and killed in a hit-and-run said on the Today Show that the worst part of going to jail would be the separation from her two remaining kids.

Raquel Nelson was convicted of homicide by vehicle and reckless conduct by a jury and faces sentencing tomorrow. She can receive up to a three-year jail sentence, six times the stretch that Jerry Guy--who admitted to drinking before running over Nelson's son, A.J.--served.

"I think to come after me so much harder than they did him is a slap in the face because this will never end for me," she said. "It's three years away from the two that I have left."

Nelson also said that the jury had "never been in my shoes," because each of them answered that they had never taken public transportation before. Nelson, who doesn't have a car, was three-tenths of a mile away from the nearest crosswalk when her bus dropped her off at the stop across the street from her apartment with her three children. She decided to cross with her kids rather than remain outside any later at night, she said. (You can read more about her case here.)

"We are just hoping as a family that [the judge] is compassionate and lets my niece remain with her other children," Nelson's aunt Loretta Williams said. Nearly 75,000 have signed an online petition in support of Nelson.

You know, my first reaction was 'Bad mom, go to jail you stupid bitch'. But after some thought, I don't want her to go jail. If she was constantly abusing her kids like we often read, then yea, but this was just a bad judgment and it ended up bad. I'm not a parent. But I've seen some of the best parents take risks. Some small, some not so small. If you have raised kids you know that anything can happen no matter how careful you are and sometimes you do cut corners. I feel her kids are better off with her than foster care somewhere.

For her 'crime', let her off with probation. She seems an otherwise good mom. She's got to be in a lot of guilt over the death. She has to live with than and that's punishment enough. Am I getting soft in my old age?

In Arizona one chap sat in jail for almost a month for a crime he did not commit.

CRIME: His name is very similar to another guy's name who was wanted for domestic violence. The real guy turned himself in before this 1st guy got arrested. The real criminal pleaded guilty and went to jail for a yesr.

So how can the cops arrest another guy for a crime the real criminal is already serving time for?

The other ass kicker is there is a 6 inch height difference between the 2 men!