Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Guess who turned 50!

<< Yes, they did the Electric Slide: Stevie Wonder, Chris Rock, Jay Z, Charles Barkley, Tom Hanks, Emmitt Smith, Grant Hill, Whoopi Goldberg, and other celebs dine and dance with the President and First Lady...

President Obama and his A-list pals danced barefoot in the dramatically lit Rose Garden to celebrate his milestone 50th birthday on Thursday night, Obama Foodorama was told by guests who attended the "fabulous" but "casual" five-hour barbecue for more than 200 people. >>

At least he paid for it out of his own pocket ... supposedly.

Why does this remind me of Nero's Rome? :hmmm:

I now have accounts in LOS that are getting step-up interest, one to 7%!

Biker mentioned to me that gold has been going up and average of 18%/year

for the past ten years, so why contribute to the financial gain of the

evil US bankers :dunno:

Just saw an article that the US banks are going to start adding a fee for the use of CASH! The reasoning is that they have to store, transfer and transport cash to their ATMs and branch offices, thus incurring fees, and are going to start charging a 1.5% "currency convenience" fee.

This is a stick...up! Long Island man uses branch in failed robbery of store

A bumbling Long Island robber brandishing a tree branch failed miserably at a stick-up of a convenience store, police said.

Michael Zimmerman was busted Thursday night after going out on a limb in thinking the branch would persuade a clerk at a 7/11 in Central Islip to hand over cash, according to Suffolk County police.

Zimmerman whacked the clerk several times with the bough, but the clerk refused to give up any dough.

When the clerk fought back, Zimmerman dropped the branch and fled the scene on his motorcycle.

An off-duty Suffolk County Police Officer driving past the store thwarted the getaway after he spotted the clerk and several other men chasing Zimmerman.

The cop managed to block the motorcycle's path and detain Zimmerman until his on-duty colleagues arrived, police said.

Zimmerman was charged with attempted robbery. He is slated to appear in criminal court in Central Islip Friday.

My link

When phone books were prevalent, phone companies charged you to include your name address and phone number in it. Then people started worryng about their privacy and didn't list their names. Then the phone companies charged you for NOT putting your name in the phone book. They basically threatened to list your name and you had to pay them not to do it.

Some banks were charging a fee if you came into the branches too many times and didn't use the internet banking or ATMs for your banking business.

Some have said the world will be 'corpocracy'. The largest corporations will indirectly run everything. I am starting to believe it. They already own the government. They really do. Eventually we might see 'contractors' do the fighting in wars with corporations hiring and training their own military and the government selling it as more cost effective than housing, training, feeding and paying soldiers themselves.