Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Truth, lies and Afghanistan

How military leaders have let us down

By LT. COL. DANIEL L. DAVIS

I spent last year in Afghanistan, visiting and talking with U.S. troops and their Afghan partners. My duties with the Army’s Rapid Equipping Force took me into every significant area where our soldiers engage the enemy. Over the course of 12 months, I covered more than 9,000 miles and talked, traveled and patrolled with troops in Kandahar, Kunar, Ghazni, Khost, Paktika, Kunduz, Balkh, Nangarhar and other provinces.

What I saw bore no resemblance to rosy official statements by U.S. military leaders about conditions on the ground.

Entering this deployment, I was sincerely hoping to learn that the claims were true: that conditions in Afghanistan were improving, that the local government and military were progressing toward self-sufficiency. I did not need to witness dramatic improvements to be reassured, but merely hoped to see evidence of positive trends, to see companies or battalions produce even minimal but sustainable progress.

Instead, I witnessed the absence of success on virtually every level.

What a surprise ... :shakehead

Remember Iraq, all the spin we heard about the success of the US troops? Same, same in Afghanistan. The Taliban will be back as soon as the US military is packing its stuff. And millions of international aid will have been vanished.

What a waste. Unless in Iraq the US- and the other western forces could have made a difference.

Iowa Police Seek Public's Help In Armed Robbery Of $250 "Mega Masturbator"

In a bid to capture the armed robber who last month stole a $250 sex doll from an Iowa City adult store, police today released a surveillance photo showing the suspect making off with the item.

Seen above, the image shows the ski mask-clad man carrying the sex doll inside the Romantix Pleasure Palace shop at around 3 AM on January 12.

Before releasing the store surveillance photo, cops pixelated it to obscure explicit images on the box of the “Fuck Me Silly #1†model “mega masturbator.†As previously reported, the stolen 20-pound sex doll is described by its manufacturer as “the most realistic piece of ass you ever fucked...Slap that big round ass and listen to he whack...it sounds and feels just like a real ass!â€

According to police, the robber displayed a large hunting knife to a Romantix employee before leaving with the sex doll. Cops described the suspect as a “white male, approximately 5'8" - 5'10", 165 lbs.â€

In return for information leading to the man’s arrest, Iowa City Area Crime Stoppers is offering an award of up to $1000.

Do we have any BMs in Iowa?

One of the main reasons I find it hard to vote Republican any longer or specific the ones that cater to this group. Not all Christians are the same. I certainly don't identify myself with them. They think differently about the same bible that I do in a few things.

post-534-0-30187800-1328678005.jpg

“I’m disillusioned by the people who are disillusioned by Obama, quite honestly, I am,†â€Democrats eat their own. Democrats find singular issues and go, ‘Well, I didn’t get everything I wanted.’ I’m a firm believer in sticking by and sticking up for the people whom you’ve elected.

“If he was a Republican running, because Republicans are better at this,†Clooney continued, “they’d be selling him as the guy who stopped 400,000 jobs a month from leaving the country. They’d be selling him as the guy who saved the auto-industry. If they had the beliefs, they’d be selling him as the guy who got rid of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,’ who got Osama bin Laden. You could be selling this as a very successful three years.â€

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/george-clooney-ides-march-barack-obama-republicans/story?id=14685674

Hmmm

Steveo...Perry and Romney didn't "create" jobs. They helped create a business climates that got companies to relocate in their states. Not the same. On the other hand, wtf has Obama done to get businesses to stay in the U.S. or invest here? Not a friggin' thing. On the contrary, his administration comes out with some new bullshit every week that either drives jobs off-shore or makes investors hesitant to start or expand a business here. Of course, that is part of his commie-ass agenda: Kill off private enterprise and eventually nationalize everything. (Already he's got the government owning 30% of GM and has established de facto ownership of the health care industry. Of course, being the savvy investor that he is, he's pumped billions into "green" industries that so far have been total crap.)

(BTW, heard that his Occidental College records may have been leaked. Something to do with him getting financial aid from a fund specifically limited to "needy" foreign students. Do u think he used a British passort or a Kenyan passport or an Indonesian passport to either commit fraud or support his true citizenship? I repeat, I only "heard" this. Maybe u can confirm? 5555555555)

HH

<< I’m a firm believer in sticking by and sticking up for the people whom you’ve elected. >>

Like Richard Nixon? Or does that only apply to Democrats?

If I get hired to do a job - and I don't do it, I get fired. My boss doesn't "stick up for me".

Who the fark is George Clooney anyway, besides Rosemary Clooney's kid?