Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Okay, I admit it. I'm bored and I have no life. Santorum is much, much scarier than I originally thought. Gingrich would be an improvement. On another matter, the Tea Party started out soley concerned about government spending and bailouts. Why does it give a damn about these socially conservative issues? The Tea Party has morphed into just a far right fringe group. The OWS has stayed true to its roots but the Tea Party isn't recognizable from the group it started out as. Its been thoroughly usurped by the religous right and fringe right.

http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-says-obama-agenda-not-based-bible-011457960.html

Santorum says Obama agenda not "based on Bible"

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum challenged President Barack Obama's Christian beliefs on Saturday, saying White House policies were motivated by a "different theology."

A devout Roman Catholic who has risen to the top of Republican polls in recent days, Santorum said the Obama administration had failed to prevent gas prices rising and was using "political science" in the debate about climate change.

Obama's agenda is "not about you. It's not about your quality of life. It's not about your jobs. It's about some phony ideal. Some phony theology. Oh, not a theology based on the Bible. A different theology," Santorum told supporters of the conservative Tea Party movement at a Columbus hotel.

When asked about the statement at a news conference later, Santorum said, "If the president says he's a Christian, he's a Christian."

Do you think the additional air strikes would have made a difference?

I think the success of the invasion hinged on the country rising against Castro at the same time which just didn't happen.

The big bitch about JFK was that he promised support - then didn't deliver it. I know a former US Marine who was involved in landing the Cuban rebels at the Bay of Pigs. Then when they came under heavy fire, the Navy and Marines were ordered not to support them. He says they did go in under fire and bring out serious wounded men though, all kept quiet. If JFK wasn't going to support the invasion, he should have had nothing to do with it. Instead, he tried to have it both ways. Without the promise of support, the rebels might have called off the invasion. If they didn't, no one else could be blamed for the disaster. 

The big bitch about JFK was that he promised support - then didn't deliver it. I know a former US Marine who was involved in landing the Cuban rebels at the Bay of Pigs. Then when they came under heavy fire, the Navy and Marines were ordered not to support them. He says they did go in under fire and bring out serious wounded men though, all kept quiet. If JFK wasn't going to support the invasion, he should have had nothing to do with it. Instead, he tried to have it both ways. Without the promise of support, the rebels might have called off the invasion. If they didn't, no one else could be blamed for the disaster. 

Kennedy was more for promoting the Monroe Doctrine then that of over throwing a government.