Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/01/10549926-calif-teacher-resigns-after-leaving-family-for-student

Modesto police are investigating if there’s a criminal case against a former high school teacher who resigned his job to move into an apartment with an 18-year-old girl he met while teaching.

James Hooker, 41, was placed on administrative leave Feb. 3 by Modesto City Schools and resigned less than three weeks later, according to a report at the Modesto Bee.

The newspaper reports that the man, who had taught business and computer classes, left his wife and children, to move in with Jordan Powers, an Enochs High School senior whom he met when she was a freshman at the school. One of Hooker's children also attends the same high school.

This guy is BRAVE!! lol. If it was my daughter, I'd be whooping someone's ass. He should wait at least till after she graduates. Same school as his kids?! Wow!

http://news.yahoo.co...-192340271.html

Have the Republicans Already Lost?

I am not comfortable with major media organizations calling elections early like this. I know its their right, I just think its bad journalism. Its well known that too many Americans are sheep. Even though I prefer Obama, I like as fair of an election as possible without undue influence.

I think it is total bullshit to declare an election won or lost before the votes have been counted. It is the third US election cycle I am following and the spinning of the news cycle seems to be much faster than last time. The competition and the pressure to produce news seems to be much higher with all the new media who have entered the market (Huffington Post, Big Goverrnment, e.g.). Today every verbal poop by a candidate and/or his spin doctors has become newsworthy.

One of the complaints about national TV networks declaring wnners on election day is that it discourages people who planned to vote for the alleged loser from going to the polls. Because of the US's time zones, polls are open hours later on the west coast than the east.

As to the Republicans having already lost, the polls on Obama still suck pretty badly. A lot of voters clearly don't like any of the candidates. In such a situation almost anything could happen.

http://usnews.msnbc....ily-for-student

Modesto police are investigating if there’s a criminal case against a former high school teacher who resigned his job to move into an apartment with an 18-year-old girl he met while teaching.

James Hooker, 41, was placed on administrative leave Feb. 3 by Modesto City Schools and resigned less than three weeks later, according to a report at the Modesto Bee.

The newspaper reports that the man, who had taught business and computer classes, left his wife and children, to move in with Jordan Powers, an Enochs High School senior whom he met when she was a freshman at the school. One of Hooker's children also attends the same high school.

This guy is BRAVE!! lol. If it was my daughter, I'd be whooping someone's ass. He should wait at least till after she graduates. Same school as his kids?! Wow!

Damn, he is an old looking 41. Also the girl, though cute, is hardly a hottie. I did my first year of teaching in a California high school. I was in my early 20s and had female students hitting on me. But for God's sake, I knew enough to run for cover. One gal was an absolute stunner, a school cheerleader. She actually asked me out several times. But not only was she my student, her father happened to be the sheriff of Santa Barbara County! :yikes:

I ran into another teacher from that school years later. I mentioned the gal's name. His eyes rolled and he sighed. He told me she'd been the hottest number in the high school. I'm sure she was - but very off limits. :banghead:

Everyone's polling numbers are down. People are disgusted with all of Washington. Some media focus on Obama's ratings and almost always forget to mention that the Republican led Congress has numbers so low we have to go back to the '70s to find a correlation.

Didn't Bush have fairly low numbers in his re-election as well? Low numbers for any candidate is troubling but sometimes doesn't tell the whole story.

Everyone's polling numbers are down. People are disgusted with all of Washington. Some media focus on Obama's ratings and almost always forget to mention that the Republican led Congress has numbers so low we have to go back to the '70s to find a correlation.

Didn't Bush have fairly low numbers in his re-election as well? Low numbers for any candidate is troubling but sometimes doesn't tell the whole story.

You mean "Demoncrap led Congress"? Actually, Steve, "Congress" is led by neither in totality. Quick "civics" refresher for ya. Congress is made up of the House and the Senate. Demoncraps control the Senate; Republicans control the House. :-) And, actually, the media often refers to poll numbers reflecting approval of "Congress" as various polls are conducted and results released.

HH

http://news.yahoo.com/hell-barack-row-over-washington-metro-ad-051919392.html

'Go to hell Barack': Row over Washington Metro ad

one ad at a DC Metro station -- which starts off criticizing Obama's health care reforms and ends up telling the president to "go to hell" -- goes beyond the pale, says Jim Moran, a Democratic congressman from Virginia.

The advertisement is for "Sick and Sicker: When the Government Becomes Your Doctor," a documentary that interviews Canadian doctors and patients in the hope of showing how dangerous "Obamacare" is for the American people.

"Barack Obama wants politicians and bureaucrats to control America’s entire medical system. Go to hell Barack," the ad says

...But conservatives argue that the treatment Obama gets is no worse than what liberals dished out to former president George W. Bush, especially in his second term after the US-led invasion of Iraq

Maybe I'm remembering things differently, but I don't even think Dubya was disrespected as much as this. By that I mean by politicians and ads such as these. Comedians and your average Joe has always crossed the lines of what most would say is decent. I'm not referring to that.

Also, a matter of context. Dubya's foibles including thousands of lives lost. Not just American lives but innocents. There was also the removal of civil liberties and such as well as lying to the people.

Obamacare is not a great bill when it was compromised to death but conseravtives are making it out as if he's Pontius Pilate and Obama just killed Jesus himself. WAY OVER THE TOP anger and I think its partially based on sour grapes over the size and scope of his win. They had 8 years controling things and can't handle it now.

The reality of his presidency is no where near what conseravtives are saying about him as if he's Marx himself. Liberals and the far left are very disappointed in him because he's NOT liberal. Which proves just how over the top conservatives are with criticisms of his ideology and policies. Its this rabid, tunnel vision hatred over a person and policies that don't even come close to merit the animosity is one of a few things that makes me keep staying away from the Republican party. Obama is no where as bad as they claim. Not close.

Republicans frankly scare me these days. Honestly. What makes me see they have no concern for their own ideology is how they isolate people such as Paul and Gary Johnson who at their core espouse some very Republican values with concerns to the economy.

The damage Dubya did was far, far worse and deserved much more enmity than Obama could ever have done.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-accused-prostituting-adopted-boy-013051158.html

TROY, Ohio (AP) — A 10-year-old boy shook when asked about being prostituted to two other men by an adoptive father who regularly had sex with him, according to police, who said the boy was fearful of talking because he didn't want to be taken from his home or separated from his new siblings.

The adoptive father has been charged with raping three boys in his care and compelling prostitution by hiring the 10-year-old out for sex. He and two other men remained in jail Thursday on rape charges.

I don't give a flying f*ck for arguments against this, but I say fry the son of a bitch. I'll pull the friggin' lever myself if no one else wants to do it and I'll get a great nights sleep afterwards. Then dig him up and I'll put him in the chair again to make sure. Filth. Pure unadulterated filth of a person. F*ck any attempts at any sort of rehabilitation. The same goes for those around the globe selling kids into sex slavery around the world as well.

• Like 1