Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The fringe left has its moments. The People's Republic of Santa Monica has come up with some looney stuff and boystown aka West Hollywood, the center of gay LA, has come up with even loonier stuff like trying to equate your pet dog as an equal by legally saying you are not a dog owner. Since dogs aren't slaves.

However, as batty as the far left can be they don't scare me as much as the far right. They seem more ominous.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/gop-bill-outlaws-all-single-parent-and-all-gay-households-as-child-abuse/politics/2012/03/02/35633

A GOP lawmaker in Wisconsin is trying to pass a bill that would classify “non marital parenthood†as a cause of child abuse. Since gays cannot legally mary in Wisconsin, the bill automatically includes single and coupled gays and lesbians, plus any single person regardless of orientation.

The bill “requir[es] the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.†Republican State Senator Glenn Grothman, who has a long history of radical positions, wants to spend tax dollars “educating†the public — with no scientific proof (because there is none) — that gays, lesbians, single mothers, and single fathers should not be allowed to be parents because their children will grow up in an abusive home.

In fact, Senator Grothman is claiming that the very lack of two married opposite sex parents in a household constitutes child abuse. Apparently, Senator Grothman believes that marriage is for procreation, and therefore only married people should be allowed to raise children.

In essence, the bill could, if it became law, be used to outlaw all gay couples raising children, and all single-parent households.

This guy can make provisions like this because of the voters. I have to question what kind of electorate has people like this representing them. Actually, I don't question it. America's history is replete with examples.

The fringe left has its moments. The People's Republic of Santa Monica has come up with some looney stuff and boystown aka West Hollywood, the center of gay LA, has come up with even loonier stuff like trying to equate your pet dog as an equal by legally saying you are not a dog owner. Since dogs aren't slaves.

However, as batty as the far left can be they don't scare me as much as the far right. They seem more ominous.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/gop-bill-outlaws-all-single-parent-and-all-gay-households-as-child-abuse/politics/2012/03/02/35633

A GOP lawmaker in Wisconsin is trying to pass a bill that would classify “non marital parenthood†as a cause of child abuse. Since gays cannot legally mary in Wisconsin, the bill automatically includes single and coupled gays and lesbians, plus any single person regardless of orientation.

The bill “requir[es] the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize nonmarital parenthood as a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.†Republican State Senator Glenn Grothman, who has a long history of radical positions, wants to spend tax dollars “educating†the public — with no scientific proof (because there is none) — that gays, lesbians, single mothers, and single fathers should not be allowed to be parents because their children will grow up in an abusive home.

In fact, Senator Grothman is claiming that the very lack of two married opposite sex parents in a household constitutes child abuse. Apparently, Senator Grothman believes that marriage is for procreation, and therefore only married people should be allowed to raise children.

In essence, the bill could, if it became law, be used to outlaw all gay couples raising children, and all single-parent households.

This guy can make provisions like this because of the voters. I have to question what kind of electorate has people like this representing them. Actually, I don't question it. America's history is replete with examples.

Now you know why we had the 'Dark Ages'.

Limbaugh is struggling to stay relevent. I don't agree we should be paying for contraceptive but Limbaugh went over my line for decency. Its free speech all around. If you public support a view on a public platform, you have to expect detractors.

I listened to Limbaugh years ago to see what the fuss was all about. I'm not impressed. It was plainly obvious to me he carved out a niche and was milking for what its worth.

Holy Cow ! Something we can agree upon. 55555555555555

And I thought that the end of the world was scheduled for DECEMBER 2012. :dunno:

HH

A Statement from Rush

March 03, 2012

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability?

Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

My link

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities.

Of course Rush and GOP want to make the topic go away. The GOP always used the right wing culture war during elections (remember the anti-gay bashing), and they used the culture war very successfully.

But now for the first time since decades the GOP is losing the culture war in their fight against women's rights.

- First the embarrassing struggle between the Komen Foundation (a billion USD cancer research enterprise) and Planned Parenthood which lead to firing of a high ranking GOP member from the Komen Foundation,

- than the GOP had to walk back laws that would force women to get an intra-vaginal soundscan before the get an abortion,

- and now the contraception issue. Since the contraception issue is a topic for _all_ women (even 98% of Catholic women use a kind of contraception, completely against the Pope's will) the GOP is alienating a whole generation of young and middle age women (and their male peers), for whom this was a struggle their mothers fought in the 1960s.

And there is another difference to previous culture war battles: This fight wasn't exclusively chosen by the GOP. The GOP and the Catholic Bishops were working on this issue since some time, but Obama carried the fight to the GOP when he asked the Catholic institutions to pay for contraception. As expected the GOP's and religious right's outcry was huge. They blew the issue up to monumental proportions making it an issue of "religious freedom". And what did Obama? He just took it back a few days later and said, OK, the Catholics don't have to pay, but their health insurance companies (which are nonreligious) have to.

By now the GOP campaign was rolling and couldn't be stopped: The GOP leadership called for a hearing about "Religious Freedom" (not contraception) in Washington, consisting exclusively of male panelists (including priests). And this was the hearing the GOP denied Fluke to talk...

And after Rush's slurs against Fluke (the best what could happen to the Dems, since the slur hit at all women), Obama called her personnally.

In the meantime Dems raised 1.6 Mio USD on Rush's slurs against Fluke.

It seems that Obama is learning how to play the game, finally. Actually I am wondering, if this wasn't scripted by the Obama camp from the beginning?

PS: I guess the Dems want to keep the issue alive for some time. Let's see how the GOP deals with the topic in the next weeks.