Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

NBC/WSJ poll: Primary season takes 'corrosive' toll on GOP and its candidates

By Mark Murray, NBC News Senior Political Editor

As another round of voting takes place this week in the Republican presidential race – with 11 states holding Super Tuesday contests – a new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows that the combative and heavily scrutinized primary season so far has damaged the party and its candidates.

Four in 10 of all adults say the GOP nominating process has given them a less favorable impression of the Republican Party, versus just slightly more than one in 10 with a more favorable opinion.

Additionally, when asked to describe the GOP nominating battle in a word or phrase, nearly 70 percent of respondents – including six in 10 independents and even more than half of Republicans – answered with a negative comment.

Some examples of these negative comments from Republicans:

"Unenthusiastic,"

"discouraged,"

"lesser of two evils,"

"painful,"

"disappointed,"

"poor choices,"

"concerned,"

"underwhelmed,â€

“uninspiring†and

“depressed.

surprised.gif

My link

I've heard the same thing for quite a while even from die hard Republicans. The faithful will still vote for the party's nominee, but many independents who are tired of Obama may well just stay home and not vote for either of them.

I don't know about US politics, but in Germany people are rarely really enthusiastic about a candidate. Usually it is about electing the lesser evil and the candidate who _might_ be capable of offering a better future. in German politics ideology as well as personal/moral/religous matters play a much smaller role. Contrary to the US - where ideology and religion even trumps personal welfare and income during elections - in Germany it is mostly about money. When a party performs badly - like not being able to deal with a financial crises - the party will be voted out office soon. Currently we have a prime example: The liberals (the free market and pro business party) promised lower taxes during the last election, but then they only lowered taxes for a small group of supporters (like hotel chains). Within two years the Liberals fell from 15% to 3% and they even might vanish soon...

But I guess in a way the German majority is kind of immune against radical ideologies, because of its history. Unfortunately this kind of immunity might weaken over the years.

Rush Limbaugh

has apologized to all the prostitutes attending college.

As for higher education, the Republican education program is working.

Went to McDonalds and ordered a #2 breakfast. The breakfast includes 'your choice of a small coffee, orange juice or drink".

I ordered the orange juice. A #2 cost $4.49 plus tax. The final total - $6.30!

I complained about 5 times and even with the manager's assistance, the bill was reduced to $3.90.

What a bunch od idiots!

If your McDonald's is anything like half of the one's in Kansas City, English isn't the first language of most of the employees. To avoid getting too much change, I usually pay a bill for $6.42 with $10.42 and get 4 one dollar bills as change. This was too much for a McDonald's employee, who short changed me. I told her she short changed me, she basically said I was wrong (not likely, since I had a couple of minutes waiting in line in the drive through). The manager said he would pay me what I thought I should get in change, THIS TIME. Needless to say, even though the McDonald's is only 4 blocks away, I haven't been back in two years.

If your McDonald's is anything like half of the one's in Kansas City, English isn't the first language of most of the employees. To avoid getting too much change, I usually pay a bill for $6.42 with $10.42 and get 4 one dollar bills as change. This was too much for a McDonald's employee, who short changed me. I told her she short changed me, she basically said I was wrong (not likely, since I had a couple of minutes waiting in line in the drive through). The manager said he would pay me what I thought I should get in change, THIS TIME. Needless to say, even though the McDonald's is only 4 blocks away, I haven't been back in two years.

"This time'?

Bullshit, if the jack can't count don't blame me for hiring another idiot.

I talked to one jack who is in the National Guard.

He claimed he bought an AR-15 to learn how to shoot.

It turned out he bought a rifle that looks a little like an AR-15

but shoots only 22's.

He could have learned using a BB gun!

You have to be pretty blind to buy an AR design that only shoots .22. They are out there, but they are seriously light and have functional differences!! You would never mistake one for the other unless you had never held either.

That said... the amount of cash you would save in ammo might make it worth it!!!

In the mid 1970s gun shops in Bangkok displayed what at a casual glance looked like a M16A1. Once you got your hands on it, you couldn't help but notice that it was single shot and fired .22 cartridges. But after SVN and Cambodia fell to the Communists, the black market was full of real M16A1s. I think they went for about 3,000 baht. :p