Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

The interesting thing between Obama and Santorum is that they likely believe in the same things, religious wise. Obama, if we take him at his word he's a born again Christian, believes homosexuality is a sin. Abortion as well as well pre-marital sex. You can probably tick off the same boxes down the line. The difference? Obama isn't trying to make his PRIVATE religious beliefs the law of the land and actually enforces the constitution (with regards to those beliefs and in spite of his beliefs...Obama f*cks with the constitution in other ways).

I saw some news report where Santorum says if he wins Illinois (and the polls don't support a win) he wins the nomination. First his math is wrong. Second he won't get the nomination. Its a done deal. Even if Romney doesn't get the required number of delegations he's still gonna get it. CNN had some 'report' on Santorum and the numbers and how they don't stack up. Of course they don't. Santorum is saying that to keep his people motivated. CNN, Fox, MSNBC and every other show with all their expert pundits know this. Why do we need an expert to tell us common sense stuff? Same last time leading into the general election after the financial meltdown it was a done deal. But the networks acted as if it could go either way with their "what ifs" and "if thens". The ONLY question last time was how much Obama would win by. So far its looking the same. It will be closer if he wins it. He could lose but right now the Republicans know neither Romney and definitely not Santorum can beat Obama unless something changes either personally, meaning either candidate does something or externally, like the economy, a war, etc.

If things stay the same one of the last big trump cards for Romney is the VP slot. He can make it interesting with the right person. I actually think Paul would help him most as VP than Gingrich or Santorum. The only problem with a Paul VP is Paul would have to publicly support Romney's position as part of the ticket and I can't see that happening. Paul loses his credibility.

If its going to be close for some reason, Obama should ditch Biden and run with Hillary or someone else who will actually bring a vital state or two to his side as well as get the base excited.

Q: How big is Switzerland's full army? A: Huge!

Q: Wars fought in the last 150 years? A: Zero.

The USA frontier was in many ways similar to the Swiss Army.

If the USA went back to how we use to do things on the frontier

and exclude drafting we probably would not have

been in many wars if any.

If The USA went back to a 'volunteer' army and the

soldiers provided their own uniforms, food, weapons - we would

not be in many wars if any wars.

I read about one chap during the Civil War

who joined one Militia Unit and shortly afterwards went AWOL.

Later he joined another Militia Unit and proceeded to go AWOL shortly after joining.

Being he didn't get paid might have been a contributing factor to his going AWOL

and after the war he received nothing - he was a Confederate.

Don't ever think I could be an official member of the Democratic party. However, I'll vote for them as if I was a memeber. Why? They are consistent (even if on some things consistently wrong) and I think there is not nearly as much hypocracy. The complete and unmitigated hypocracy of the Republican party seems to know no bounds. As you'd hear it from them, mandated health care is the anti-christ. Government intrusion, the whole nine but they continue to back things that do the same mother friggin' thing! Far worse than the Dems. Its why I can't see any hope of my supporting just about any Republican.

One could even see an iota of reasoning if there was a problem with state workers and drugs. Same with the issue of welfare recipients being tested but this comes from absolutely no friggin' basis for testing and ends up spending more money from a government to test and they talk about small government.

All that flag waving bullsh*t about the constitution and freedom when its the party that has seen us regress the fastest this century with the Patriots Act and Homeland Security. The party has no soul. They consistently play to the most base part of our humanity. Mistrust, fear and even hate of our fellow man. The BS coming out of states such as Arizona, Alabama and Wisconsin as well as the rhetoric of the national candidates is frightening frankly. I've seen what happens when the Republicans controll all the branches of the government (2000-2006) and its not pretty. Far uglier than when the Dems had the majority and I didn't think it could get more f*cked up when it was them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/florida-drug-testing_n_1366718.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Florida Drug Testing: Rick Scott Signs Bill Allowing Random Drug Testing Of State Workers

I think this is hyperbole saying it could cost Obama the election. If the Surpreme Court says no, then it may be a good thing for the Dems. Republicans don't have an issue to keep talking about. Yeah, they'll keep mentioning how it got repealed but not that it can affect anyone any longer.

For me, the Republicans offer no solutions or at least any viable ones that addresses the issue of affordable health care.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/court-case-could-cost-obama-election-101832219.html

I think this is hyperbole saying it could cost Obama the election. If the Surpreme Court says no, then it may be a good thing for the Dems. Republicans don't have an issue to keep talking about. Yeah, they'll keep mentioning how it got repealed but not that it can affect anyone any longer.

For me, the Republicans offer no solutions or at least any viable ones that addresses the issue of affordable health care.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/court-case-could-cost-obama-election-101832219.html

Steve...the "Root of All Evil" is MONEY. Isn't it plain to see that the Government doesn't have all of the money that it needs for all of the things Demoncraps want to buy votes with? When 40% of the budget is based on borrowed money, it should be obvious. Medicare is not sustainable the way things are now. And Obamacare would just make things worse. Do you really think that Obamacare will not break the bank? The Federal Government MUST get it's finances in order. Raising taxes on the "rich" isn't gonna cut it. Basic math should show u that. If a Yugo is breaking the budget, how do u think a Cadillac will balance it? The Republicans, aside from ideological principals ("principals" being a foreign word to most Demoncraps), want to balance a budget. If the POTUS upholds the "Affordable" health legislation, there are other ways to detrail/modify it.

HH