Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Isn't it the case, that 80% of the US citizens don't own a passport?

Apparently not the case: http://blog.cgpgrey.com/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-the-percentages-state-by-state/

http://www.theexpeditioner.com/2010/02/17/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-2/

At the very most, I don't think there are any accurate figues to establish a %.

HH

It used to be U.S. citizens could go to Canada, Mexico and the carribean without a passport. Now that you need a passport anytime a U.S. citizen re-enters the U.S., I believe more are getting passports. Probably still not over 50%

The biggest joke is being a USA citizen driving a car without a passport and having a New Mexico driver's liscense.

There are some who still believe that is a crime and that they should be deported.

Danish TV Host Mocks Obama for His Rhetoric

Thomas Buch-Andersen, host of the Danish TV show Detektor, mocked President Obama's political rhetoric in a recent episode. "Obama used a metaphor from boxing to explain Denmark's role in the world," says Buch-Andersen, introducing the segment.

He then roles the tape. "That's fairly typical of the way that Danes have punched above their weight in international affairs," President Obama says at a press availability in the Oval Office with Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt of Denmark. :boxing:

"It's nice to be praised," Buch-Andersen remarks. "We punch harder than our weight class would suggest. But how much should we read into his words? According to Obama, are we doing any better than, say, the Norwegians?"

The TV host again turns to the tape, this time showing President Obama in the Oval Office with Norwegian prime minister Jens Stoltenberg. "I've said this before, but I want to repeat: Norway punches above its weight," Obama says. :boxing:

Back to Buch-Andersen. "Hmm. So Norway packs a punch too. But what about the Netherlands? Here, their head of government, Mark Rutte, visits Obama."

The tape roles yet again. "We have no stronger ally than the Netherlands," says Obama. "They consistently punch above their weight." :boxing:

The TV host continues, pointing to the similar rhetoric Obama used when Ireland's head of state came to town, and then the Philippines. :boxing:

Buch-Andersen wonders aloud, "Maybe the copy key got stuck on the presidential speechwriter's keyboard."

My link :spank:

All I can ask for in that case is a thorough, unbiased investigation and if that happens, then whatever the result is fine. I heard the tape and the alleged racial slur by the guy (isn't he latino and not white? even though his name is Zimmerman or was I mistaken by news reports). No way I'd accept what I heard as conclusive. Maybe voice experts can make a better assessment. If it is then it changes things a little.

The march thingy is a bit too much for me. Especially the re-appearance of Rev. Al. It wasn't even one of his better diatribes. Obama commented on it and I have to say its okay to be sympathetic to the family to the slay boy but I thought 'if I had a son he'd look like Trayon' is just a wee wee bit racially tinged for a President. I may be making too much of the comment.

I will stay this on a personal level. As a black kid you experience being questioned by cops and others when you're not in your neighborhood. I can understand that there is a certain amount of fear if not suspicion. With so much crime committed by young blacks its a valid concern. Here's a secret. Other blacks are scared of young blacks. However, be that as it may we all have personal rights and libertries and public sidewalks and streets are just that: public. I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped by cops and told to leave a neighborhood. Neighborhoods I had every right to be walking in. I may have been taking a short-cut. I may have been visiting a friend. It could have been for any number of reasons. Whatever they were I had a right to be there, I was certainly not the type to talk back to cops. My mom was very very fearful of her sons being shot by cops. If I talked back to any cop I'd get a beating....by my Mom. Years later I learned she witnessed a cop in our neighborhood wailing on a kid with his baton for what she saw as an overuse of force. As for clothing. The problem with the hoodies and such is that the clothing is popular with everyone. When I was a kid the thugs and the good kids wore the same style. It was a style of oru culture. I was an A student and wore the same style as the kids that were in Juvy hall. Cops that had years on the force understood that. Some new cops who grew up in the suburbs didn't and hence a lot of the problem. Its the same everywhere. I spent time at schools where the pot heads and suburban trouble makers wore the same black rock concert t shirts and ripped jeans and long hair as the good kids. it was the style of that nieghborhood.

Anyway, its a tragic case and a suspicious one. Neighborhood watch with a gun and demanding information from someone who doesn't legally have to answer. We'll have to wait for the investigation to be completed but my guess is the kid responded verbally to being questioned about his reasons for being there. The adult should have called 911 if he feared for his life or thought the kid was too suspicious.

I worked on the pre-census mapping in the States for the 1990 census. That meant updating the 10 year old maps, adding new houses, new housing developments etc and deleting no longer existing homes.

One afternoon I was driving down a country road in North Alabama when a big, husky black man walked up to my pickup. I was inside and he was outside, so I wasn't worried. He just seemed to want somebody to talk to. I listened paitiently, as he told me about the folks down the road who were preventing him from marrying a white woman. Uh-huh, I thought, we've got a winner here. He told me how they were keeping him away from his woman, and he'd had enough of it. He was going to kill them all! I suggested that was a bit drastic and would only get him into trouble. He said he didn't care, they deserved to die.

It was then I noticed a few black men and women standing some distance away, staring with their eyes as big as saucers.

After maybe 15 minutes, the stranger wandered off and let me get back to work.

Several middle age black women came to me and told me to stay well away from him. He was crazy and dangerous, they said. I don't know how dangerous he was, but he was big enough to do someone damage if he wanted. They also warned me not to go near a couple of houses down the road. They said that young drug dealers and their girlfriends stayed there. They'd kill any stranger who came near them.

You learn a lot working for the census bureau. Interesting at all times. :shocked:

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2012/03/23/wisconsin-lawmaker-you-are-being-beaten-just-remember-things-you-love-about-your

Wisconsin Lawmaker: If You Are Being Beaten, Just Remember the Things You Love About Your HusbandInstead of leaving an abusive situation, women should try to remember the things they love about their husbands, Representative Don Pridemore said. "If they can re-find those reasons and get back to why they got married in the first place it might help," he told a local news station.

Pridemore -- who, coincidentally, is a co-sponsor of Republican state Senator Glenn Grothman's "being single causes child abuse" bill as well as a controversial voter ID bill that was ruled unconstitutional earlier this week.

So, God forbid his son in law is beating his daughter's ass and she comes to him he's gonna say to "re-find those reasons and get back to why they got married?"

I once left a church when a pastor admitted in a private convo with me and a couple others that there was a guy once who was a pedo and they prayed for him and 'spoke' to him but didn't tell the police. So, how do you explain to the kid and the next kid that you had a chance to alert the authorities and didn't tell anyone? If I knew who the guy was I'd have went to the cops no problem at all. If it was my kid or someone I knew I couldn't live with myself. If it was a friends kid, I'd help him beat the guy's ass. Sorry, its not pc to say that but I would.

Just saw a CNN special on the cost and distribution of health care in America v. other places in the world. Lot of it makes sense and it just seems that we haven't seriously considered certain things. I think its because of the stranglehold the health industry (big Phara, AMA, etc.) have on the Congress.

Consider lasik. I had it done about a dozen years ago and it cost me about 4k. The technology has gotten better and the cost have dropped considerably. Why? True competition. We don't have it in the medical industry. I don't see why we can't have a truly independent and knowledgeable panel that makes a report for the President and the Congress. We can make great changes to make it better but it won't happen as long as the powers that in that industry are left out of the decision making.

All I can ask for in that case is a thorough, unbiased investigation and if that happens, then whatever the result is fine. I heard the tape and the alleged racial slur by the guy (isn't he latino and not white? even though his name is Zimmerman or was I mistaken by news reports). No way I'd accept what I heard as conclusive. Maybe voice experts can make a better assessment. If it is then it changes things a little.

The march thingy is a bit too much for me. Especially the re-appearance of Rev. Al. It wasn't even one of his better diatribes. Obama commented on it and I have to say its okay to be sympathetic to the family to the slay boy but I thought 'if I had a son he'd look like Trayon' is just a wee wee bit racially tinged for a President. I may be making too much of the comment.

Reports now say a witness has been identified. He says Trayvon Martin had jumped Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, with Zimmerman yelling for help. The witness called 911, and 911 said they could hear yelling in the background. The police also say that Zimmerman's face and head were bloody, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains. So what is Obama going to say know if this turns out to be true? Maybe he shouldn't have shot him, but what would you have done?

Nothing like jumping to conclusions, Mr Prez.

<< Sonner declined to discuss most details of the case to protect his client, who is under investigation by a state special prosecutor, the FBI and the U.S. Justice Department.

But he did affirm a police report that Zimmerman suffered a bloody nose and a cut on the back of his head. Sanford police said they found no evidence to contradict Zimmerman's story of self defense, supported in part by the injuries.

Sonner said Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose and Zimmerman hit the back of his head on the ground upon falling backward. >>

My link