Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I still can't fathom how it is the government's business who marries who, in any "free" country, and I include my own in that group.

Because one of the two major parties are in part run by religious zealots and its against their religious beliefs. I recall some one (probably a liberal...haha), who had this article (gotta find this thing), where he posed a scenario about what if the clerics in a Middle Eastern country advocated this and that would you call them extremist or fundamentalist moslems? Turns out it was things done in the good 'ol USA.

I completely understand and even sympathize for the distaste of gay marraiges. I am one of those. However, the fair thing isn't my distaste. Its what's fair. Also, those against it who dance around the fact that its not only a personal taste issue but a religious one. They see a shift a society and what it accepts and its scary. I agree. The same fears were present when slaves were freed, women given the right to vote and again during the civil rights era. We seemed to have survived it pretty well (except the women voting thingy).

But everyone knows you can't trust conservative sites. Only believe what the Democrats tell you. :beer:

post-98-0-54958300-1337316621.jpg

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

My link

Utah School Fined $15,000 for Accidentally Selling Soda During Lunch

A Utah high school is learning the hard way that the government is serious about nudging students away from food it doesn’t want them to consume. Davis High School in the Salt Lake City area is having to fork over a whopping $15,000 in fines to the Feds because it accidentally sold soda through a vending machine during lunch.

Federal law requires the school to turn off its soda machines during the lunch period, which is 47 minutes a day. And Davis High school did turn off the machines in the lunch room. However, the school didn‘t realize that there was another machine in the school bookstore that wasn’t being turned off. And when the food police realized it, the school was hit with a $0.75 fine per student for the duration of the offense.

Now the school is going to have to cut money to fine arts programs to make up the cost. :doah:

But here’s where things really get nutty, so to speak. Davis High School Principal Dee Burton said that the law is disingenuous. For example, while students can’t buy soda, they can buy sugar-loaded sports drinks and even Snickers bars because they contain, you guessed it, nuts. In addition, students can buy soda earlier in the day before the machines get turned off and drink it during lunch.

And simple economics is at play, too. The ban isn’t forcing students to stop drinking or eating the sugar-laced food and drink. It’s just driving them to places where they can get it.

“The misconception is if we don’t let kids buy candy and pop, we drive them to the cafeteria, it doesn’t drive them to the cafeteria it drives them off campus,†Burton told KUTV.

One commenter on the KUTV website picked up on that.

“The principal is right, the kids will leave campus. What are you going to do? Close Walmart and Quick Trip for 47 minutes every day?†the commenter wrote.

Don’t give them any ideas.

My link

Because one of the two major parties are in part run by religious zealots and its against their religious beliefs. I recall some one (probably a liberal...haha), who had this article (gotta find this thing), where he posed a scenario about what if the clerics in a Middle Eastern country advocated this and that would you call them extremist or fundamentalist moslems? Turns out it was things done in the good 'ol USA.

And yet, both of our wonderful countries are supposed to (by law?) separate the church and the state. Sigh... I think as a species we are fucked. Really.

In this day and age there should be no problems like this. But no.

There's a ton of things that are legal that conflict with biblical beliefs: adultery, fornication, gambling, etc., but the religious right has made their line homosexuality and abortion. They consider gay just about short of murder. Interesting thing is if you're a heterosexual murderer, they are often against captial punishment but we've heard AIDS was a wrath of God on homosexuality, which is a veiled sentiment that homosexuals should die.

They consider, abortion, murder, pure and simple. As a Christian, I actually have a view of an embryo as a human but I also know that scientifically, that can't be validated so I will not based when to have a baby aborted based on a religious time of when a baby is but a scentific one because I can't hold non believers to the same standard I have.

Warning Signs in Wisconsin for Obama

In a potentially ominous sign for the Obama campaign, a new poll has declared Wisconsin a true tossup state, finding President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney locked in a 46%-46% tie among likely voters.

As the Obama team eyes potential paths to victory in November, all count on the president winning the reliably blue states of New England, the Midwest and the Upper Midwest, all of which went for Al Gore in 2000 and John Kerry in 2004. A loss of any of the bigger traditionally blue states—particularly Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin—would scramble the Obama math and make matters much easier for Mr. Romney, allowing him to lose in Virginia or Ohio without that automatically jeopardizing his chances.

Mr. Obama won Wisconsin handily in 2008, and has lead there by wide margins in most recent polls. But a new Marquette University Law School poll finds that Mr. Obama’s 4-point lead from April has vanished, despite other poll findings that has exactly half of the states’ voters feeling optimistic about Wisconsin’s future. Nearly 8 in 10 voters say the economy will improve or stay the same over the next year.

Also in the last month Mr. Obama’s favorable rating dropped sharply, from 55% to 49%.

A slip in Mr. Obama’s fortunes in Wisconsin could easily spill into nearby states like Michigan, which the Romney campaign is hoping to make competitive.

The election is turning into a real contest ...

But everyone knows you can't trust conservative sites. Only believe what the Democrats tell you. :beer:

post-98-0-54958300-1337316621.jpg

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

My link

What's bad about the book text?