Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

are u a spelling nazi?? :elephant:

Phil....nothing to do with spelling. It is the content.

Your comment was awful!

After the hot dancers you posted in nightlife you had redeemed yourself as caring, sensitive and a true devotee of Asian beauty.

Now this?

germans are sensitive about prisons because of gas chambers and executing jews not long ago so dont imprison folk too much, they like to display a thin veneer of being civilised. though this might change when the european utopian dream finally crumbles. watch the german arrogance blossom and the murder/prison machine mobilise once again.....gee i cant wait!!!! :stirthepo :stirthepo :stirthepo

That's a fucking arrogant and insulting post. I guess it is time to put you on the ignore list.thumbdown.gif

LP is a big pussycat. He was 'stirring the pot'. I don't think you all should take the post too seriously. He's a really nice guy. Really. lol.

As for prisons though, my personal opinion is that American prisons should be an issue for all human rights organizations. American prisons, especially the state prisons and now a growing number of the federal prisons are no less than sadistic centers of abuse.

Not just hyperbole but given the option of spending 5 years in a Thai or Cambodian prison and 3 years in a state prison in California, its not even a thought. I'd buy my own plane ticket before they change their mind.

Some people think that if you do the crime anything that happens to you in prison is part of the punishment. Its difficult to empathize with a child molester, serial killer or rapist. However, if someone had too much pot, parking and driving infractions that went to warrant stage or wrote bad checks deserve being raped and beaten mercilessly? This is in addition to being in a small place with at least 3 or more other people in bunk beds and one toilet (open toilet mind you).

If a european or a north american were subjected to that in Iran, China or Saudi Arabia for similar crimes there would be a national outrage from that country.

You don't have the opportunity to do your time quietly. Lets just say you are able to defend yourself fairly well. Someone or some gang starts a fight with you and defend yourself and the person ends up injured or dead as a result. You get time added on. The prison acts as its own judge and jury when violence happens.

I've seen people come back scarred. Very scarred for life for simple offenses such as being in a stolen car someone else has.

Guest lazyphil

That's a fucking arrogant and insulting post. I guess it is time to put you on the ignore list.thumbdown.gif

do what you like pal.

Guest lazyphil

Phil....nothing to do with spelling. It is the content.

Your comment was awful!

After the hot dancers you posted in nightlife you had redeemed yourself as caring, sensitive and a true devotee of Asian beauty.

Now this?

Guest lazyphil

i assure you the greeks will be saying much more awful things about the germans....not will, but are. seen numerous interviews with greeks on germany and vice versa germans abusing greeks. :elephant:

LP is a big pussycat. He was 'stirring the pot'. I don't think you all should take the post too seriously. He's a really nice guy. Really. lol.

As for prisons though, my personal opinion is that American prisons should be an issue for all human rights organizations. American prisons, especially the state prisons and now a growing number of the federal prisons are no less than sadistic centers of abuse.

Not just hyperbole but given the option of spending 5 years in a Thai or Cambodian prison and 3 years in a state prison in California, its not even a thought. I'd buy my own plane ticket before they change their mind.

Some people think that if you do the crime anything that happens to you in prison is part of the punishment. Its difficult to empathize with a child molester, serial killer or rapist. However, if someone had too much pot, parking and driving infractions that went to warrant stage or wrote bad checks deserve being raped and beaten mercilessly? This is in addition to being in a small place with at least 3 or more other people in bunk beds and one toilet (open toilet mind you).

If a european or a north american were subjected to that in Iran, China or Saudi Arabia for similar crimes there would be a national outrage from that country.

You don't have the opportunity to do your time quietly. Lets just say you are able to defend yourself fairly well. Someone or some gang starts a fight with you and defend yourself and the person ends up injured or dead as a result. You get time added on. The prison acts as its own judge and jury when violence happens.

I've seen people come back scarred. Very scarred for life for simple offenses such as being in a stolen car someone else has.

The worse part of USA jails is civil right violations not

of guilty people but of people who just got

arrested but the charges are either later dropped or the person is found innocent.

Its about the legal system and how much money you have to hire a decent lawyer. I would be interested in how Germany (or any other EU country) provides lawyers for those that can't afford to hire one.

Its about the legal system and how much money you have to hire a decent lawyer. I would be interested in how Germany (or any other EU country) provides lawyers for those that can't afford to hire one.

In Germany, if you are on social security (called Hartz 4) of have a low income, you get a lawyer for free, paid by the state - if your case is deemed legit. The state pays as well all court fees and optional expert witnesses (if this is the correct term).

Only if you lose a court case you'll have to pay the winning side. And unless like in the USA those 'free' lawyers are not the bad apples of their profession or the incompetent ones .

More details here (in German language)