Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Easy solution...ALL Americans will have the same health care insurance, that means ALL the politicians....while were at it, ALL Americans will have Social Security, no more special retirement funds for politicians!

Wanna see how quickly things get "fixed"!!!

I'd be happy if the SOBs just let me use Medicare where I live. I've paid for it, have a Medicare card, and it takes a hunk out of my Social Security every month. But I'd have to fly to the States and go to a US hospital to get it. Thanks, AMA. :angryfire:

<< Medical tourism has been a growing segment of Thailand's tourism and health-care sectors. In 2005, one Bangkok hospital took in 150,000 treatment seekers from abroad. In 2006, medical tourism was projected to earn the country 36.4 billion baht.

Treatments for medical tourists in Thailand range from cosmetic, organ transplants, cardiac, and orthopaedic treatments to dental and cardiac surgeries. Treatments also include spa, physical and mental therapies, as well as procedures that are considered more along the lines of fringe medical practices. One patient who had coronary artery bypass surgery at Bumrungrad International hospital in Bangkok said the operation cost him US$12,000 (8,200 euros), as opposed to the $100,000 (68,000 euros) he estimated the operation would have cost him at home. Bumrungrad treated approximately 55,000 American patients in 2005 alone, a 30% increase from the previous year.

Hospitals in Thailand are a popular destination for other Asians. Bangkok Hospital, which caters to medical tourists, has a Japanese wing, and Phyathai Hospitals Group has interpreters for over 22 languages, besides the English-speaking medical staff. When Nepal Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala needed medical care in 2006, he went to Bangkok.

Many Thai physicians hold US or UK professional certification. Bumrungrad International hospital states that many of its doctors and staff are trained in the UK, Europe and the US. Bumrungrad International was accredited most recently in 2005 by the Joint Commission. Some of the country’s major hospitals have also achieved certification by the International Organization for Standardization’s ISO 9001:2000. However, ISO 2000 is not an accreditation scheme.

The World Health Organization's 2000 ranking put the Thai healthcare system at number 47, below the USA's ranking at 37 and the United Kingdom's ranking at 18. >>

Wikipedia

Easy solution...ALL Americans will have the same health care insurance, that means ALL the politicians....while were at it, ALL Americans will have Social Security, no more special retirement funds for politicians!

'Nuff said. Medicare has a limit on how much it will pay for each particular treatment. If it costs more than that, tough shit. Which is why it is so ridiculous to have to go the the States and pay US prices!!!

He has now given the majority opinion on the most important case in the last 40 years....

Guess you forgot this one......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade

and this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_v._Georgia

I doubt if Congress will force ex-pats to buy health insurance.

You did not read it then. If you are a US Citizen, you have to buy it or pay the fine. I know some expats in BKK and several other places, card carrying Republicans and Democrats and Libertarians like me, where the $100 to $500 a month has them seriously worried. But I bet you never thought about it that way, did you?

I'm certainly no constitutional scholar but my 'gut' says its unconstitutional. My beef is bigger than this. My beef is BOTH parties picking and choosing things the opposition does that are not constitutional or doesn't pass the sniff test and then make excuses when its their guy. Both parties to do it.

Obama has been trampling the same constitution that Bush/Cheney was jumping up and down on for 8 years.

We're about to have drones flying over our heads monitoring us. Okay, I sound like a conspiracy nut and maybe I am but it WILL happen. I am 100% certain. Where does that hold up with the constitution? Neither party will fight that because so many ways for the government and the military industrial complex to make money off it.

Its all BULLSHIT. At least this is something that is designed to help people. Some of the other bullshit that the government has been playing us on are things that designed to hurt us. Yeah...yeah...I know ANY violation of the constitution hurts us. I totally agree. However, some are done with the wrongheaded but good hearted intention that its for our own good (health care) and some are done to keep us in line (echelong reading our emails/phone calls, drones, etc.).

Do you all really think this will change anything? I will be shocked if medical prices drop some if at all when this thing takes full effect. Why? The powers that be are still in charge. They still own the Congress and the White House and they will find a way around and we'll have a new unforseen problem due to the Law of Unforseen Consequences. When you change something to fix something you end up with an entirely new and bigger unforseen problem.

Sorta like how mongooses were introduced by the British on some Caribbean islands to curb the snake problems they found when they founded colonies there and then the rats ran wild and almost wiped out some islands like Jamaica at one point because of the diseases.

I still believe that if McCain won and intoduced the SAME f*cking thing you would NOT get the opposition from the right as you did. Nixon recognized China and not much from the far right. Clinton slashes welfare and black/latino voters think he should still be on Mt. Rushmore. Its all about your party. Your guy can do whatever but the other guy can't. Total and utter bullshit.

I absolutely totally believe that many people see their party AS America. Their party IS America so what the party does or rather its candidates is what America should be doing. They are more loyal to their political party than to America. The relligious right are possibly the biggest hypocrites of them all. It was all fine and good when their candidate was a Christian. They'd openly say its biblical to support a Christian over an unsaved....UNTIL your guy isn't and he's running against a publicly vocal saved Christian. They even question Obama's sincerity as a Christian. The bible says 'just confess publicly' No other litmust test is needed. If you say you are, you are....but they will say 'well, he doesn't ACT like he's saved so I'm not sure. I know so and so and he's saved'

Sorry, one of my rambling, incoherent rants. Just sooooooo tired of all the bullshit. I'd put a cross dressing, dick sucking, former Klansman (f*ck even current) in the white house if I knew for sure he'd at least govern fairly, honestly with integrity and checks the constitution before he signs anything. I'm not joking.

• Like 1

and this one

Thats why I said 40 years, since Roe V.Wade. The ruling today ismore important than re-instituting the death penalty

You did not read it then. If you are a US Citizen, you have to buy it or pay the fine. I know some expats in BKK and several other places, card carrying Republicans and Democrats and Libertarians like me, where the $100 to $500 a month has them seriously worried. But I bet you never thought about it that way, did you?

I googled that question and found this; http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=656816

Their party IS America so what the party does or rather its candidates is what America should be doing. They are more loyal to their political party than to America.

Unfortunately CS, this problem is not exclusive to the US, we have plenty here and I don't doubt most countries face the same problem. Imagine how productive these people would be if they focused of running the country instead of "politics".

and this one

Time to buy the cheapest piece of crap insurance that can be found! Maybe start a "insurance" company and offer $1/month insurance with a HUGE deductible, so as to stay solvent!!

Did Justice Roberts change his Obamacare vote at the last minute?

Did Chief Justice John Roberts decide to join the court's liberal wing and uphold the individual mandate at the very last minute?

That's the theory floated by Paul Campos, a law professor at the University of Boulder, and Brad DeLong, a Berkeley economics professor and former Treasury Department official under President Clinton.

Campos wrote Thursday in Salon that the dissent had a triumphant tone, as if it were written as a majority opinion, and that the four conservative justices incorrectly refer to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's concurring opinion as a "dissent."

"No less than 15 times in the space of the next few pages, the dissent refers to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's concurring opinion as 'Justice Ginsburg's dissent,'" Campos wrote.

DeLong pointed out on his popular blog that in Justice Clarence Thomas two-page note on the dissent, he refers to the conservatives' dissent as the "joint opinion" instead of the "joint dissent."

Campos hypothesized that the conservative justices may have intentionally left these typos as a way of signaling to the outside world that Chief Justice Roberts abandoned them at the last moment.

Lyle Denniston, the long-term courtwatcher who writes for SCOTUSblog, tells Yahoo News that he "can't account for the wording of the Thomas opinion."

But Dennison disagrees with Campos that it's incorrect for the dissenters to refer to Ginsburg's opinion as a dissent. Ginsburg wrote that she thought the individual mandate should have been upheld under the Commerce Clause, and she was in the minority in that respect.

Kennedy and the four conservative justices, including Roberts, said the mandate would be illegal under the Commerce Clause. Roberts upheld it as a tax, instead, with the four liberal justices partially concurring.

"My own sense, from reading the Roberts opinion, is that it was written as a majority opinion in all of its drafts, and that various Justices joined or dropped off," Denniston told Yahoo News. "I think he was determined to try to uphold some key parts of the law, if he could find a way, partly because...he has grown concerned about the public perception that his Court is a partisan-driven Court."

My link

post-1269-0-81706800-1341000219.jpeg