Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Yes indeed, we all know that a students writings are absolutely the same as hiding millions of USD in a time frame of 10-20 years in foreign PO Box companies with foreign bank accounts and thus rejecting to pay taxes as any middle and lower class citizens has to do. [/irony Off]

I guess to have a tax cheater in chief will be the ultimate win of the 1% and the corps.

Sorry, I forgot the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not criticise Obama. Nice of you to parrot the Democrats' line, which is as yet unproven. :shakehead

From a conservative - and therefore absolutely untrue - source: "They are ravenously chasing the non-story of Mitt Romney’s tax filings like a hungry young Obama with fork in hand after a plump puppy, while completely ignoring that Obama’s Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner is known for cheating on his taxes, and blaming it on Turbotax."

The reason people want to see Obama's student records is because he is accused of having enrolled as a foreign student. I don't think it is true, but if it isn't what is he hiding?

For me it doesn't matter what some 50 or 60 year old Presidential candidate wrote in college. We've all written some crazy shit. Its part of growing up. The vast majority of people are totally different persons than they were in college. Heck, you change your ideology, character, views on a wide variety of things a couple times before you're 30.

Was Malcolm X and Mohammed Ali the same as when they were young moslems?

Robert Byrd of West Virginia, a champion of equal rights was a known racist when he was younger. Its all more smoke and mirrors and gothcha politics. What are the persons current and recent views? The last 10 years would be a good indicator. Past that and too many life events happen to put much stock in it. I read the auto biography of Malcolm X in 11th grade and wanted to be called Rashad Ahmad Saheed for 4 months. (funny thing is I wouldn't convert to Islam, just wanted the name...lol).

Bachman and these pols below are batshit crazy. Its McCarthy era stuff. The scary thing was she was a legitimate candidate for President. One of the reasons I won't go near the Republican party is because these crazies have a voice. The Dems to their credit got rid of their equivalent for the most part. They have no prominance. The Dems have moved toward the center, the Repubs have moved away from it.

http://news.yahoo.com/top-republicans-denounce-attack-clinton-aide-180205853.html

Accusing Clinton's aide of ties to Hamas or the Muslim Brotherhood?! WTF?! With no proof?

The 'accused' is noted is married and guess to whom?

Abedin is married to former U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner of New York, a Jew.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/former-coach-charged-harrassment-falsely-accusing-two-others-102721267.html

Former coach charged with harrassment after falsely accusing two others at school of sexual contact with their athletes

There are some things in the 'Bro Code' you simply don't do. One of them is falsely accuse another guy of molesting. In this day and age there are some stigmas that even if proven 100% false, you still are looked at wtih a 'hmmmm' in a few people's minds forever.

Messing with underage kids is one of them. Its one of those things that everyone still in the small crevices of their mind still have a wee bit suspicion about no matter what.

I would make this guy pay for the investigation at the very least. I hope this follows him to ANY job he gets after this. He'd need a 'Road to Damascas' change in his life for me to forgive him were i accused. The irony is he was doing that shit.

Nancy Pelosi Downplays Tax Return Demand

Facing questions about why she and other top Congressional officials won’t release their tax returns, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) downplayed her previous demands for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to release his, calling the issue a distraction. ;)

As recently as Wednesday, Pelosi had strongly urged Romney to provide further disclosure of his tax returns. But today, while maintaining Romney should release more documents because of “custom†and “tradition,†Pelosi said the issue was trivial compared with economic issues.

“We spent too much time on that. We should be talking about middle-income tax cuts,†Pelosi said after answering two questions about the issue.

The Minority Leader faced questions about the issue after a McClatchy News report showed only 17 of 535 Members of Congress released their tax returns when asked.

Romney has faced increasing pressure to disclose more about his financial history in recent weeks, including — as Pelosi noted — from top Republicans.

The former Massachusetts governor has released his 2010 tax returns and has promised to release the 2011 returns when they are available.

Republicans say Romney will release the same amount of information that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) did in 2008 when he ran for president. McCain, however, had filed decades of financial disclosure forms from his tenure in Congress leading up to his presidential bid.

Pelosi also suggested that the media should face disclosure requirements.

“Some people think the same standard should be held to the ownership of the news media in the country who are writing these stories about all of this. What do you think of that?†she asked. :beer:

My link

Obama Ad Accuses Romney of 'Launching a False Attack' for Quoting Obama

President Obama's reelection campaign accuses Mitt Romney of distorting the president's words, by showing a side by side comparison of the Obama's words and Romney's quotation of those words:

Mitt Romney is launching a false attack," the ad's text states. But the weird thing is: The Obama campaign is purposefully trying to make it sound like Romney is misquoting the president, when the official White House transcript backs up Romney's quotation.

In the ad, Romney says that Obama revealed his thoughts on business when he said this, "If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

And, in fact, according to official White House transcript that's precisely what Obama said on July 13, 2012 in Roanoke, Virginia.

Nevertheless, the Obama campaign, in the ad, says it's not true. "The only problem?," the ad text reads. "That's not what he said." It then turns to Obama, from the same Roanoke campaign speech, who said, "If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life."

Which is true. Obama did say that. But he also said the line that Romney says he said -- "If you’ve got a business --you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen."

And, in fact, later in the ad the Obama campaign actually plays the clip that Romney quotes of Obama, at about :40 second spot. :banghead:

"Mitt Romney will say anything," the ad concludes. It turns out, he'll even say Obama's words when quoting him.

My link

I'd imagine that the majority of the members of Congress would prefer not to release their tax returns, since the laws prohibiting insider trading do not apply to them (as many laws do not). I know that Pelosi was questioned on "60 minutes" about some stock she an her husband bought that she would have had access to inside information about the company.

Romney's taxes are red herrings. Unless he broke the law and evaded taxes, it doesn't matter what his returns say. They could say he paid no taxes and made a 100 million dollars and I wouldn't see that as a reason not to vote fcr him. If anything, I'd see it as a plus. Any man smart enough to do that knows how things work. I won't be voting for him under just about any circumstances but his taxes and how much he made and paid isn't in the equation.

The only significance is what he'll do. The Kennedy's made a lot of money as well but were staunch liberals who often voted to raise taxes.

ALL that matters is what Romney will do if he's President. His taxes, Bain career, etc. means jack squat.

Romney's taxes are red herrings. Unless he broke the law and evaded taxes, it doesn't matter what his returns say. They could say he paid no taxes and made a 100 million dollars and I wouldn't see that as a reason not to vote fcr him. If anything, I'd see it as a plus. Any man smart enough to do that knows how things work. I won't be voting for him under just about any circumstances but his taxes and how much he made and paid isn't in the equation.

The only significance is what he'll do. The Kennedy's made a lot of money as well but were staunch liberals who often voted to raise taxes.

ALL that matters is what Romney will do if he's President. His taxes, Bain career, etc. means jack squat.

Republicans claim Obama has got to learn to become an 'American'!

Does that mean he has to get a few off shore bank accounts?